Football Manager 2019

Gazz

All the news is coming out on Thursday.

I expect there to be several new shades of tie available and being able to sign swarms of magic robots.

• Like 5

Wishlist for FM 19:

1. Design the stadium like in Fifa Soccer Manager 97

2. Choose all the sponsors boards

3. Receive all messages by fax

4. Place bets

5. Have Gary Lineker read cup draws 

6. Rig matches

7. Choose where all the hot dog stands go

8. Choose the price of food and drink

9. Choose to float the club on the stock market

10. Go to meet agents in a restaurant when you try to sign players like in Premier Manager 2003

11. Eurosport News channel

12. Trading card mode

13.Get the Mafia to put hits on opposing players and managers (and maybe also journalists if they say something bad about you)

14. Retire from being manager and start a new career in politics or maybe open a bar or something. (Maybe have your previous career affect your political career so like if you were a great Liverpool manager you might do well in certain parts of Liverpool but really struggle for votes in Manchester.) (or, like you can manage a club and country at the same time, have an option to manage a club and be Prime Minister at same time - this would be really cool, like if you had a good homegrown team you could increase red tape on immigration so other teams will find it harder to get foreign players to be better than you.)

15. Get the license for the Guardian football podcast (or whatever) and use advanced AI to generate an entirely new podcast for every week of gameplay.

16. Start game in 1860 (to take in the split between rugby union and association football - maybe give you the option which course you want to take) with every team and player ever appearing at the actual date they appeared in real life. (I suppose they'd have to do this for rugby too and have all the players for rugby union and eventually rugby league. I don't like rugby and would never play this option but I like my games to be complete.)

17. New shades of tie

Edited by metalman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, metalman said:

16. Start game in 1860 (to take in the split between rugby union and association football - maybe give you the option which course you want to take) with every team and player ever appearing at the actual date they appeared in real life. (I suppose they'd have to do this for rugby too and have all the players for rugby union and eventually rugby league. I don't like rugby and would never play this option but I like my games to be complete.)

Retro Football Manager is the one for you

3 hours ago, Liam Mk2 said:

Ultimate Soccer Manager ‘98 remains the best.

and you can do most of what @metalman says on that list on USM games. Including sending faxes and betting on your own matches! Also bungs. Bungs everywhere!

I still remember bankrupting Gateshead by building a stadium that was too big on USM 2.

14 hours ago, Liam Mk2 said:

Ultimate Soccer Manager ‘98 remains the best.

Their Facebook page still does updates for this game. I imagine the game itself is freeware these days.