Football Manager 2019

Gazz

I started a planned long-term save last week with Everton and have reached February 2019 and I'm not convinced I'll make it until the end of the season. <_<

I cannot seem to get any sort of consistency going and after I had mentioned my lack of injuries a few posts ago, I have had nothing but problems with these lot. Pickford, Coleman, Mina, Gueye, Walcott, Lookman and Bernard have all had problems with injuries.

For the first time in Football Manager history I had a manic and chaotic January deadline day too, I signed 4 or 5 players and sold a few as well.

My main goal threat so far has been Sigurdsson scoring free-kicks and penalties. Getting one striker formations to really function is so difficult on this years I find. Plus, Cenk Tosun is an absolute barrel of shit. Scoring no goals in 16 appearences this season including maybe 6 or or 7 starts. 

Still not entirely convinced on how I should be playing, I wanted to play a possession hungry style but with the squads average passing at around 12 I'm not sure that I have the players to do so properly so far. It'll be something to address in the summer where I am planning a fairly radical overhaul. If I survive that is. 

Yeah, there's no way Watford and Bournemouth should be slumming it amongst the mid-table teams like Man United.

3 hours ago, MexicoJack said:

The Swedish start date can be a big grim:

Bf9rUCd.png?1

3 hours ago, Molly said:

Man Utd are surely on their 5th manager of the season, looking at that table. 

Nah that looks like a solid Jose set of results right there, and im a utd fan :(

Just won my second straight title with TNS with 6 games to spare, along with the League Cup and the Welsh Cup quarters to come. Champions league campaign ended in the second qualifying round again, swiftly followed by losing the Europa league qualifier, which is one round earlier than I managed last year thanks to an shocking inability to finish chances in both legs.

Now that the title's secure I'm debating what to do next. I can refresh the squad again over the summer (having lost a couple of my signings from last summer to annoyingly low "foreign club minimum fee release" clauses that I couldn't get players to not have) or move on. Knocked back a couple of approaches from Barnet (who were last in the conference national) and Carlisle (fighting the drop from League Two) during the season but now tempted by the St. Mirran job (fighting the drop in the Scottish Prem). Bookies favourite for it and declared my interest, which the TNS board have actually taken quite well only stating they hope to keep hold of me. If I don't get that job then I might stay put until the new season's sacking start.

3 hours ago, Gazz said:

Just an FYI for anyone interested, you can download an official Gibraltar league DLC from Steam.

Go Lincoln Red Imps!

10 hours ago, Gazz said:

Just an FYI for anyone interested, you can download an official Gibraltar league DLC from Steam.

Already done that and started a game as Olympique. Got them out of the second division.

Finished my first season with Everton the other day, had a horrible run of form pretty much the entire season and ended up finishing 10th. Awful. 

Spoiler

image.png

Conceding far too many goals and not really doing enough in the final third. The cup competitions were even worse, losing in the 4th round of the League Cup to Millwall and being dumped out at the 3rd round to Brighton.

Decided in the summer to splash the cash a little bit, it was difficult as our wage bill was already way too high, so I needed some big earners to leave. 

Ins:

Spoiler

image.png

Outs:

Spoiler

image.png

image.png

I was originally intending on a back 3 formation, but have settled on a back 4 for the time being. First choice XI / subs sort of looks like this at the moment:

Spoiler

image.png

First game of the season was outrageously good:

Spoiler

image.png

Since then, we've won 4 more, drawing 1 and losing 2. Sitting in 3rd, a mere 2 points behind United and 8 behind Liverpool. Onwards and upwards! 

(Oh, and I lost in the League Cup second round this season at home to League One Ipswich. :shifty:)

• Like 2