Football Manager 2019

Gazz

I have noticed a slight flaw in the Espanyol B plan. Obviously, being a B team, I can't be promoted into La Liga.

Problem is, I also can't be in the same league as the main Espanyol team and currently after seven matches, they're bottom of the league with just two points. If they're relegated, so am I, regardless of where I finish.

• Haha 6

2 minutes ago, Gazz said:

I have noticed a slight flaw in the Espanyol B plan. Obviously, being a B team, I can't be promoted into La Liga.

Problem is, I also can't be in the same league as the main Espanyol team and currently after seven matches, they're bottom of the league with just two points. If they're relegated, so am I, regardless of where I finish.

What if you win promotion? 

The difference between a top team from League X and the bottom team from League X-1 shouldn't be that big.

I guess you can only hope they start promoting all of your players leaving you with a bunch of nobodies which would make you lose many games (but not them!) and as a result you wouldn't be relegated!

Oh, the B team isn't a top team, they're predicted to finish last and were promoted last season before I took over. Mid-table would be a massive success. I won't stay here long, it's an interesting concept to work under but it's severely limiting. I only really took the job because they have the money to pay for my coaching qualifications.

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Gazz said:

Oh, the B team isn't a top team, they're predicted to finish last and were promoted last season before I took over. Mid-table would be a massive success. I won't stay here long, it's an interesting concept to work under but it's severely limiting. I only really took the job because they have the money to pay for my coaching qualifications.

Oh. I assumed you were actually having a good season and were disappointed by the fact you would be relegated regardless.

So I finally started a save last night. I started unemployed but quickly got a job with Prestwich Heys in level 10 of the English pyramid, I applied for them as they're pretty local to me. The clubs at that level had no players or staff assigned to them so I'm starting from scratch.

• Admin
11 hours ago, MexicoJack said:

Bad news for those watching Dr Benjy's Central Park Rangers save - he had some computer difficulties and lost 980 gb of stuff, including his FM save files.

That has to hurt. Staggering that he had no backups/wasn't using Cloud saves, seeing as it is his livelihood and all!

3 hours ago, MDK said:

ca6wu74t9ua21.jpg

how did you get this photo of Gazz's future?

All those notebooks and still not finished the Pentagon :(

6 hours ago, Lineker said:

That has to hurt. Staggering that he had no backups/wasn't using Cloud saves, seeing as it is his livelihood and all!

Some of his stuff - like his recently started Wimbledon series - was on the cloud, and he can carry on with Thames if he wants cos he uploaded that save file for patrons. The rest though - CPR, his Brescia save on stream, looks to be all gone. Gutted for him.

FYI, long throws are completely broken. The opposition clusters around the centre of the pitch and doesn't mark or really react to your players. Put a player on long throws because he's decent at them and won the next game 4-0, every goal the same.

lt1.pnglt2.png

And just for the lols, that number 15 in the red is a 33 year old Theo Walcott.

I've come to find that the match engine is very, erm, not great this year. 

It seems as though no matter how you tell your team to play, they always play the same. An awful lot of goals coming from wide areas being crossed into the box, tapped in at the far post. The goals my Everton side were scoring were mostly like that despite telling them to play through the middle.

Then there is the whole AMC/FC issues. They don't play as you would expect, in the slightest. I don't think I have seen a goal scored via a through ball from the AM to a striker or anybody else yet. Makes the number 10 role pretty much redundant.