Football Manager 2019

Gazz

Getafe made a great signing in the January window. Spent £1.6m on a midfielder called Yaya Meledje from Willem II.

Debut, he got sent off for two yellow cards. Served a one game ban. Second game got a straight red. Served a one game ban. Third game, broke his leg.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Won the North West Counties League Division One North in my first season with Prestwich Heys. The leagues players player of the year, also the clubs player of the year, a 41 year-old Lee Hendrie. He was actually awesome for me, started every league games and made 23 assists and scored 9 goals. Couldn't convince him to hold off his retirement for another year.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Gazz said:

Debut, he got sent off for two yellow cards. Served a one game ban. Second game got a straight red. Served a one game ban. Third game, broke his leg.

Player of the season for me, Clive.

Teams that went out in the Champions League Group Stage and Europa League Group Stage in my current FM save:

CL: Bayern (4th), Liverpool (3rd), Barcelona (3rd), Roma (4th), Real Madrid (3rd), Spurs (4th), PSG (3rd), Inter (4th), Napoli (3rd), Atletico Madrid (4th), Juventus (3rd)

EL: Lazio 4th, Bayer 4th, Arsenal 4th, Sporting 4th, Villareal 4th, Chelsea 3rd, Marseille 3rd, Standard 4th, Frankfurt 4th, Ajax 3rd

I think it's completely broke the game, my assistant is suggesting I hold a team meeting as we could guarantee our safety with a win in the next match despite a. already being relegated and b. 40pts clear of the relegation places with two games to play.

• Like 3

Liverpool's starting XI for the 2023 Champions League final, where they beat Spurs 2-0

Alisson, TAA, Gomez, VVD, Robertson, Fabinho, Keita, Henderson, Salah, Mane, Firmino

Settled.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I’ve just got this, bit bamboozled by the whole tactics thing.

I must admit I’ve never played FM for the tactics. I tend to find something serviceable and stick with it. I’m more into the buying and selling and man management part. Any tweaks I make tend to be based on AM recommendations (this is probably sacrilege to the purists).

But now I notice all these pre-made tactics. Am I okay just picking one of them? Are any dreadful?

Edited by metalman

I just went back to older FM versions. This is turning out to be the easiest version of FM I played since 2012 and I'm getting bored. :(

I'd play again if I found a decent challenge in Europe. I may try it again in the future. At the moment after only 3 seasons I don't even feel like playing anymore. I'm not even putting much effort into it and I'm still winning.

Edited by Malenko