Football Manager 2019

Gazz

On 24/01/2019 at 05:32, Gazz said:

I think it's completely broke the game, my assistant is suggesting I hold a team meeting as we could guarantee our safety with a win in the next match despite a. already being relegated and b. 40pts clear of the relegation places with two games to play.

{Passionate) "Now I know what you're thinking, there's no way we're going to be out of relegation. Well that's where you're wrong lads. See if we win this game the mayor will declare us a micronation. Can't be relegated from the league if we're forming our own national league instead!"

The majority of players are unhappy with this statement.

Captain: "Are you on drugs?"

(Cautiously) "No you."

6 hours ago, metalman said:

But now I notice all these pre-made tactics. Am I okay just picking one of them? Are any dreadful?

Just don't expect a non-league team to be able to gegenpres.

56 minutes ago, metalman said:

I am Fenerbahçe and I have lost my first three league games. Not sure it should be like this.

Scraped into Champions League on away goals against Standard Liege though, so at least I’m keeping the money rolling in

They're 17th in real life so maybe it should be :P

So I was using the pre-packaged wing play tactic because I had Andre Ayew and some German guy that I got on loan, both of whom are absolutely amazing for the Turkish league. And it was shite. I kept losing.

So I got rid of that and moved to the generic 4-3-2-1 type thing, no special instructions, and now I’m flying. 😕

(FM12) Just got sacked from the England job after 13 years following 5 defeats in 7 games, including 2 against Australia in the 2029 Confederations Cup. During that time I won the 2022 and 2026 World Cups, as well as the 2025 Confederations Cup, with my closest taste of success in the Euros being a semi final against eventual winners Holland in 2028. I'd say that the sacking was fair if I hadn't been top of my World Cup qualifying group with 6 wins out of 6 and zero goals conceded. The only real life player still making the squad regularly is Nathaniel Chalobah, with Jack Butland being a 36 year old fringe third choice keeper depending on the club form of my younger choices.

None of that really matters as I'm doing the Sir Alex Ferguson Challenge with Norwich, who I only need to win the Premier League with twice more (four more for in-game Fergie) to complete the challenge like for like, plus a few more domestic, European, and international cups along the way. I've won the league 11 years running so I'm not expecting it to be too difficult. Possibly the most interesting thing is that Fulham became the only other top non-Manchester side in the 2020s despite following a similar trajectory to real life in the previous decade.

Might still take on another international job and try to get some cheeky revenge on England if an interesting one pops up. :devil:

Just looking at whos managing who on my game, im about to start the third season and a few interesting ones, some more than other, are:

Michael Laudrup managing in League One

Lampard in charge of Charlton in League One

Scott Parker just got the Newcastle job in the Premier League

Mick McCarthy, Stuart Pearce and Alan Pardew all dropping down to manage in League Two

Carlo Cudicini managing Blackpool in League Two

Solskjaer in charge of Hibs

Carsten Jancker managing Sheffield Utd

Patrick Vieira managing Blackburn in the Championship

Then you have at the top clubs - Zidane managing Spurs, Pochettino at Leeds, Luis Enrique at Liverpool, Klopp at City

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Arjen Robben said:

iCqJ7jq.png

I honestly can't tell if this lad is good or not. Like some of those technicals and mentals are amazing but fucking hell what an absolute lump. 4 pace at 20. Even 38 year old Peter Crouch has 8 for pace in this.

Fuck mine, he’s unbelievabley good.

6’11”! Not even 12 stone, he’d make Peter Crouch look like Barney Gumble.

Buy him, abandon all your prior tactics and lump it up to him over and over. He’ll score bucketloads. 

And what a name. 

Even his facegen picture looks like a total lanky scruff. He doesn’t even seem to score tons for Independiente. 13 in 33 isn’t great. Curious as to just how limiting being SO slow is in this. Tempting to sign him and just try and create a total lump it to the big lad tactic 

19 minutes ago, Arjen Robben said:

Even his facegen picture looks like a total lanky scruff. He doesn’t even seem to score tons for Independiente. 13 in 33 isn’t great. Curious as to just how limiting being SO slow is in this. Tempting to sign him and just try and create a total lump it to the big lad tactic 

Could definitely be an impact player if nothing else. 4 Stamina means he'll barely last a half, but coming off the bench late on? Could be deadly.