Football Manager 2019

Gazz

Bah. After lurking in 3rd for most of season, we failed to take advantage of Fulham's season falling apart in the last ten games. We closed from 10 points behind them to 2 in four games but then our form deserted us, winning only once, drawing four and losing twice in our last seven games to finish 4th. We beat West Brom 2-1 in the semi-finals only to lose 2-0 to Huddesfield in the final after more wasteful finishing. Need to find strikers who can finish over the summer when Abraham and Rodriguez go back to their parent clubs

17 hours ago, hugobomb said:

Bah. After lurking in 3rd for most of season, we failed to take advantage of Fulham's season falling apart in the last ten games. We closed from 10 points behind them to 2 in four games but then our form deserted us, winning only once, drawing four and losing twice in our last seven games to finish 4th. We beat West Brom 2-1 in the semi-finals only to lose 2-0 to Huddesfield in the final after more wasteful finishing. Need to find strikers who can finish over the summer when Abraham and Rodriguez go back to their parent clubs

that sucks man! who got relegated from the Prem for you to face next season?

On 08/12/2018 at 07:17, mattu29 said:

that sucks man! who got relegated from the Prem for you to face next season?

Burnley, Swansea and Palace.

Main transfer dealings were bringing in Kasey Palmer (MC/AMC), Sebastiano Luperto (DC), Bartosz Kapustka (AMRLC), Carlos Bacca (AMC/STC) and Andrea Di Grazia (AMLR) on free tranfers since I got a decent wage budget but only a couple of million to spend. Kept the first XI from last season together aside from the loan players who I've managed to replace with free transfers. Only loans are Juan Carlos (GK) from Roman and Raul Ruidiaz (STK) from Spurs since I couldn't find a good striker to bring in on a free aside from Bacca who is more likely to act as cover for Ruidiaz and Palmer. Didn't sell anyone of note after knocking back bids for Besic (£3.5M?! Jog on Brentford) and Dylan Hanlon who at 18 my main central midfield cover already with even more scope to improve and not leaving for anything short of £10 Million.

We've made a good start to the season, made the 3rd round of the Carabao Cup like board wanted (who like last season just want a top half finish and there wasn't enough extra budget to be worth raising that) before losing 3-1 to Arsenal. Unbeaten after the first ten games (six wins and four draws) to sit 2nd, just two points behind Middlesborough.

I wouldn't think so, training is a bit different and some of the tactics bits and bobs have changed, but it's still basically the same layout.

• Like 1

I've been getting bored with the last few saves I've started pretty quickly.

So yesterday I decided to piss about in the editor and create a London Red Bull's club that I've dumped in to the National League South.

2j0YRzc.png

(I didn't make this badge)

I'm sure I'll quickly get bored of this too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arjen Robben said:

Maybe you could do a save, pick a team and try to use classic formations and tactics. 2-3-5, 1-3-3-3 cattematio or, *wipes tear from eye* 4-4-2 big man little man tucked in shirts.

11 hours ago, Arjen Robben said:

So yesterday I decided to piss about in the editor and create a London Red Bull's club that I've dumped in to the National League South.

2j0YRzc.png

(I didn't make this badge)

I'm sure I'll quickly get bored of this too.

given yourself a good budget? started with any decent players?

Fairly wealthy, I didn't give them any players though. Gave them some staff that were unemployed, staff far too good than would be at a lower league club, but I pretended it was part of the narrative of the thing having someone like Matthias Sammer in as director of football, ha. German connections and whatnot, cause wasn't Ralf Rangnick doing a fair bit fairly high up for the Red Bull 'portfolio' at some point.