Football Manager 2019

Gazz

Managed to, barely, advance in the EURO Cup to the knockout stage.

Wonder how that was pulled off...

2WGfPAl.jpg

Oh. Well that explains it then.

• Like 2

Idea for next run: Arsenal hires some random guy from the street to be their next manager. Ends up getting a stereotypical burnout art teacher who doesn't know a thing about footy.

Always tells his players to just have fun and picks formations entirely on preferred positions.

EURO Cup first KO draw is Olympique Marsielle and everyone calls us the underdogs.

Get 1-1 at the half and take advantage of being up a man to dominate the second despite a disallowed goal. Now have a goal in hand for the second leg.

ONlz5QT.gif

• Like 1

LqjGAv5.png

What a time to score your first goal, brought on Greenwood, against an undefeated liverpool, and he scores his first professional goal within 3 minutes in probably the biggest game he's been involved in

Edit: add to that 2 assists in the 13 mins he played and a 5-1 victory over a previously undefeated liverpool

Edited by mattu29
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, MexicoJack said:

Gave Chong his debut. Sent off inside 10 minutes.

I once signed Christopher Samba (not sure what FM version it was) in January and in the very first game he came in as a sub, he ran to the pitch, tackled someone and got a red card. I'm not sure he was there for a full minute let alone 10. :(

Ended up 3rd in the League, qualifying for the EURO Cup (meeting expectations, but the board was still disappointed for some reason), and won the Scottish Cup beating Aberdeen (who somehow beat Celtic in Celtic's only domestic loss the entire year) in the final.

The Gordon Ramsay experiment seems to have been a success.

Also, I'm not sure what anyone sees in the 'Split the league in half for the last stretch' format but at least it works better than apetura/closura.

28 minutes ago, Meacon said:

And I suggest Agent Watts keeps things professional and stays out of my personal life.

Blue is a good color for a football.

49111018_780860795590565_426687447326261

Absolutely capitulated with 11 games left, lost to Barnsley with 11 games left and they took top spot from us. Could barely get a win afterthat and they kept slipping up, frustrated and it took a last minute winner on the last day to make sure of promotion but at least we're finally up. My heart sank when I went behind to a Darren Bent Goal against Southend. 

On 25/12/2018 at 20:55, Gazz said:

When you let your DoF manage transfers

• 18/19 12th place 35pts
  • 19/20 12th place 36pts

Progress!

When you let Gazz manage transfers

• 20/21 1st place 63pts
  • Like 1

Chatelet in the Belgian third division. I got a kid on loan called Mikael Saisalo and he scored 15 in 30 games from right wing. His parent club wages are half my entire budget so I've got no hope of signing him permanently.