Football Manager 2019

Gazz

That reminds me, at some point in 2020, Jamie Vardy was player/caretaker manager of Leicester.

I have a Chelsea save going (made it a 4 season challenge to win the league with their younger players) and anyway. 

Seattle Sounders keep bidding for David Luiz at the end of my first season. He's not transfer listed or unhappy and he is valued at £25.5m. 

The reason I mention it is because it seems to be a weekly bid coming in. They started at £5,000, now they're up to £26,000. Go away, he's not for sale at the moment and certainly not at that price plus he doesn't even want to negotiate.

And boy do Chelsea have a lot of players. I managed to ship out 50 players for a combined £198m and still have a fairly bloated squad.

The board were also unhappy that I only got £23m, £25m and £32m for Moses, Giroud and Pedro respectively. 

• Admin
4 minutes ago, Benji said:

Cannot get a game going at all this year. Strikers seem to be useless no matter what I do in particular.

Give DoctorBenjy's custom North American league system database a whirl. I believe it just got released to all yesterday.

1 hour ago, Benji said:

Cannot get a game going at all this year. Strikers seem to be useless no matter what I do in particular.

It seems to be a running tactical theme of this year's match engine. I myself, despite having success so far in my career save, have never had a consistent goal scoring striker. Most of my goals are from my inside forwards / wing backs putting in low crosses into the box which are converted by the opposite inside forward. Last season, my two main IFs had 15 and 12 goals each and my main striker had 5. It seems the only way to get strikers firing in general is to play three of them.

16 hours ago, Gazz said:

It seems to be a running tactical theme of this year's match engine. I myself, despite having success so far in my career save, have never had a consistent goal scoring striker. Most of my goals are from my inside forwards / wing backs putting in low crosses into the box which are converted by the opposite inside forward. Last season, my two main IFs had 15 and 12 goals each and my main striker had 5. It seems the only way to get strikers firing in general is to play three of them.

Football Manager: Morata Edition

Damn that was the most up and down final day to a season i think ive ever had on FM ever!

n4l2KlN.png

I had basically thrown in the towel until Alisson passed the ball to Fernandes and cost his team the title with the last kick of the game hahaha

Edited by mattu29
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hmmm.

I signed a young midfielder at the start of the season on a free. He'd played three years of non-league football and not made any appearances but he had really good physical stats, high flair and vision and my scout rated his potential as five stars, which doesn't mean an awful lot when you're in the Belgian second division. He's played 12 games this season, no goals or assists and generally been unspectacular, averaging 6.7 and not getting into the first team. His value is £16,000.

Now Udinese have come in and bid £1m for him, which given my total income last season was £600k and the club is £700k in debt, is a mind-boggling sum. Now I'm wondering just how good his potential actually is, not that it would matter as I'm pretty sure my training facilities are a car park and some bins for goalposts.

• Like 6

I'm struggling to get my strikers to score. My Sunderland team has no isues in scoring goals but Maja, Sinclair and Wyke haven't done much and bringing in Idrissa Sylla (On loan from QPR)and Robbie Keane hasn't had an impact as they have been useless. 

Chris Maguire is my top goalscorer playing left mid...