Football Manager 2019

Gazz

8 hours ago, Meacon said:

What did they change with the training in this year's game?

In a nutshell, you now customise training closer to what you would in reality. 

You have three sessions per day in which you can choose different training activities so you can focus on particular weaknesses to give you a slight boost before a game etc.

Can even let the lads loose on a curry night. 

Its much better than the previous ones because instead of just picking attacking or defensive focus or attacking or defensive set pieces, you can mix it up.

"Right lads, hoof the ball that way to the big lad. Oh, and then run a few laps and off to the pub. No, no other training today."

It's a realistic portrayal of training at a semi-professional club.

• Monday - Rest
  • Tuesday - Rest
  • Wednesday - Rest
  • Thursday - Overall (seven a side kick about on the Astro)
  • Friday - Rest
  • Saturday - Match
  • Sunday -  Recovery (at the Dog and Duck)
  • Haha 2

In a perfect storm of things Newcastle fans dislike, Wayne Rooney has been appointed Sunderland manager.

Anyone else experience this? Overachieve, then hit 1st January and form falls off a cliff. Three successive seasons, three different clubs, leagues and countries.

chatelet.png

espanyol.png

halesowen.png

My career win rate is 48%. My win rate in January and February over the six seasons I have played is 22%. Over the last three seasons, it's 7%.

One of the things I would like someone else to do (I’m too lazy) is to fix the revenue imbalances that make modern football so shitty so I can live in a kind of fantasy dreamland. Make it so 16 out of the 32 Champions League places aren’t given to clubs from a mere four countries for instance. Redress the money situation that means a mediocre English club can assemble a much better team than a former great like Ajax simply because they are part of a larger market.

Or maybe even create a multiple level world super league type thing so every club has access to the same revenue stream.

Edited by metalman

48 minutes ago, metalman said:

Or maybe even create a multiple level world super league type thing so every club has access to the same revenue stream.

Check on the Steam workshop. There might be a world league on there somewhere.

18 hours ago, Lineker said:

Maybe you're not rotating enough?

I got told by a mod over at SI forums that I should just change my tactic at that point. Doesn't really make sense though, it's not like Jurgen Klopp sat there on 29th December and thought to himself 'Well, we're currently top of the league and winning the vast majority of our games with my 4-2-3-1, better change it up to a 3-4-3 and sign Peter Crouch just in case'.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Gazz said:

I got told by a mod over at SI forums that I should just change my tactic at that point. Doesn't really make sense though, it's not like Jurgen Klopp sat there on 29th December and thought to himself 'Well, we're currently top of the league and winning the vast majority of our games with my 4-2-3-1, better change it up to a 3-4-3 and sign Peter Crouch just in case'.

They just said "change your tactic"??

I find a lot of the mods over there don't really care much for criticism of how the game often makes no sense.

I haven't played as much this year as previous editions but I have definitely noticed that the match engine is somewhat a giant steaming piece of turd. So much so that I think switching to commentary only may be for the best in future.

16 hours ago, Gazz said:

Kris Dorey is a wanker.

I find a lot of the mods at SI and even Miles himself can be arsey when it comes to constructive criticism regarding the game. 

19 hours ago, Gazz said:

Tbf we have been a bit crap in 2019 so far. Maybe that's what we needed to do but Burnley beat us to getting Crouch