Football Manager 2019

Gazz

On 04/02/2019 at 10:41, Liam Mk2 said:

In a nutshell, you now customise training closer to what you would in reality. 

You have three sessions per day in which you can choose different training activities so you can focus on particular weaknesses to give you a slight boost before a game etc.

Can even let the lads loose on a curry night. 

I tend to find I end up loose the day after curry night. 

• Like 1

On 31/01/2019 at 11:59, Naitch said:

(FM12) Just got sacked from the England job after 13 years following 5 defeats in 7 games, including 2 against Australia in the 2029 Confederations Cup. During that time I won the 2022 and 2026 World Cups, as well as the 2025 Confederations Cup, with my closest taste of success in the Euros being a semi final against eventual winners Holland in 2028. I'd say that the sacking was fair if I hadn't been top of my World Cup qualifying group with 6 wins out of 6 and zero goals conceded. The only real life player still making the squad regularly is Nathaniel Chalobah, with Jack Butland being a 36 year old fringe third choice keeper depending on the club form of my younger choices.

None of that really matters as I'm doing the Sir Alex Ferguson Challenge with Norwich, who I only need to win the Premier League with twice more (four more for in-game Fergie) to complete the challenge like for like, plus a few more domestic, European, and international cups along the way. I've won the league 11 years running so I'm not expecting it to be too difficult. Possibly the most interesting thing is that Fulham became the only other top non-Manchester side in the 2020s despite following a similar trajectory to real life in the previous decade.

Might still take on another international job and try to get some cheeky revenge on England if an interesting one pops up. :devil:

UPDATE: Laurent Blanc resigned because could only take England to 3rd place in the 2030 World Cup. I've ended up taking my old job back again after less than a year because it was the first decent international role to pop up again. I had been offered the Turkey role in November but refused because they hadn't qualified. All in all an odd chain of events.

7 hours ago, MDK said:

Is there any way to get an underlapping centre back?

Aymeric Laporte. Good dribbling for a centre back, excellent passing, technique and positioning. Most of the right PPMs as well - Runs with Ball through Centre, Brings ball out of defence, tries to play way out of trouble. He just needs get forward at all times and moves into opposition area and you're set. Set him to a ball playing defender if you're not playing a libero in a 3 man defence.

In my experience, they don't turn up for lectures and wear those slip-on Adidas sandals with white sports socks.

On 11/02/2019 at 01:44, MexicoJack said:

Aymeric Laporte. Good dribbling for a centre back, excellent passing, technique and positioning. Most of the right PPMs as well - Runs with Ball through Centre, Brings ball out of defence, tries to play way out of trouble. He just needs get forward at all times and moves into opposition area and you're set. Set him to a ball playing defender if you're not playing a libero in a 3 man defence.

Not sure I'll be able to convince him to come to Chicago...

Guess I will have to retrain some midfielders.

15 hours ago, MexicoJack said:

They don't do anything else. Next year it should be different.

Ah. I probably shouldn’t have hired five of them then. My Fenerbahce team got rid of Valbuena and his £81,000 weekly wage and I just went crazy and hired as much staff as I could.

Edited by metalman
  • Haha 1

Current mood re: football/real-life Chelsea/etc.

"Fuck this, I'm loading up a new FM12 game. Yes I've got the likes of Bosingwa and Romeu to deal with, but Lampard and Drogba!" :wub:

*Drogba breaks his leg in pre-season*

"...Oh." :( 

Playing Dr Benjy's North American database and jumped to Sporting Kansas City at the end of my second season with Halifax. These players have all moved to America in the last three years:

Spoiler

America
Shaqiri
Valencia
Smalling

Atlanta
Steven Bergwijn
Valon Berisha
Stefano Sturaro
Jason Denayer

LAFC
Nicolas Castillo