Football Manager 2019

Gazz

Nothing stands out for me out of those features really.

I kind of think they’ve hit a point where there isn’t a an awful lot they can really improve. A lot of those advice pieces are not going to change the way I play as I already think of the changes myself if that makes sense, ie, pitch dimensions. 

Biggest change it seems this year is the tactical overhaul, which is a huge plus for me. Other than that, it seems to be cosmetic things. 

Re the medical centre, does anyone actually use it in FM18? When I started playing I was always checking it, whereas after a couple of months play I completely ignored it. 

Oh, I think it's the same as the current assistant manager stuff, where they'll tell you on the back of a fifteen match winning streak that you'd be better off playing a different formation or you should drop your 30 goal a season striker for the backup who hasn't scored in fifteen games because he's rated half a star better, so you just ignore it and eventually turn it off.

• Like 1

the assistant manager exists only to do the things I don't like doing like friendlies, training, and press conferences.

And sometimes picking the heavily rotated team for cup games that I'm not arsed about. Even then I will probably make my own changes.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Liam Mk2 said:

Being able to choose which full backs you want to overlap is well overdue, really chuffed with that. 

The amount of time spent raging at my right back trying to tell him to not overlap the left winger.