Football Manager 2019

Gazz

They still really need to balance out players moods. 

Every time I get to October, I have about 3 or 4 players coming to me demanding they play more football, every time I say "Hey, look mate, we're a couple of games into the season, have some patience, I will be rotating", then they fly off the handle and go to the press and upset most of the squad. It's totally unrealistic as it seems to happen with every save.

I did notice a story that Phil Bardsley had had a bust up with Sean Dyche due to a lack of first team football. That was after the second match of the season.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Arjen Robben said:

God, how do you get a lone striker to perform on this game? Luis Suarez is just constantly shit, gets like 6.2 every game and won't score, has 7 league goals all season. Useless Sol Campbell DO SOMETHING.

I haven’t had too much of an issue with lone strikers, it’s still AMC’s for me. They don’t provide any goals of assists, it drives me nuts. 

I play a vertical tiki-taka at the moment, he is the focal point, either an advanced playmaker or trequiesta and I play through the middle with an advanced forward and an inside forward. Basically to his strengths and he still doesn’t do what I want him to do, which is thread balls through that lead to goals. 

Well, Suarez is a vampire. Are there any crosses in your locker room? Does he have to cross running water to get to there?

I'm assuming they haven't done a massive amount of tweaking / new ideas with the match engine, which means that if it's almost identical to the 18 engine, lone strikers are useless unless they're a false nine playing with inside forwards.

I never had any issues with lone strikers on FM18 though, they were consistently scoring ridiculous amounts of goals. It was the complete opposite to what it is so far on this one.

Just now, Liam Mk2 said:

I’m having totally different experiences with lone-strikers. Alcácer has 6 in 6 on my Dortmund save.

I just can't get them in the game at all, it's like I'm playing every match with ten players cause they're just never involved.

Kicking up a fuss about first team football is the worst thing on this game. It’s far too unrealistic, they get unhappy too early every single save. 

I hit 6th October and two of my three goalkeepers already are forcing moves because they’re not getting enough gametime. Whilst we’re on that subject, has anyone ever gotten the “I’ll play you in cup competitions” to work? I feel as though it’s an utterly pointless choice that never works.