FIFA 19

Szumi

New game drops tomorrow. I haven't seen a thread, surprisingly, for it.

Do people here still play FIFA? I'm really out of the loop with it because I play the game still religiously, but I never have played FUT at all.

Anyone else ready to play the new game?

I'll get it. Like picking up Career mode even though it's an afterthought and it's good to have socially for a game whenever people come round. Only €55 in Smyths too, a nice change of pace from the €65/70 range that was the norm a few years ago.

Ultimate Team is the single worst thing to happen to sports gaming though and I wouldn't play it if you paid me.

• Like 1

Played the demo. Really liked it. I really liked the 18 demo too though till they patched the game into oblivion. They won't be getting my money this year, too many games I have faith in to retain their quality to buy instead.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Arjen Robben said:

I got it earlier. Don’t get the new timed shooting at all.

I got the achievement for scoring a timed shot with literally my first goal in the game, and haven't been able to do it again since.

2 hours ago, TCO said:

I'll get it. Like picking up Career mode even though it's an afterthought and it's good to have socially for a game whenever people come round. Only €55 in Smyths too, a nice change of pace from the €65/70 range that was the norm a few years ago.

Ultimate Team is the single worst thing to happen to sports gaming though and I wouldn't play it if you paid me.

What's wrong with Ultimate Team? I've never played it for this but I enjoy it on Madden

5 minutes ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

What's wrong with Ultimate Team? I've never played it for this but I enjoy it on Madden

I assume @TCO is referring to the gambling culture it encourages, especially among children. I understand that you can play it without spending real money, but I can very much see how it could cause significant problems for people with addictive personalities. I haven't actually played FIFA or Madden since Ultimate Team was introduced, but I'd stay away from it for that very reason.

There's also the issue of EA announcing that they're willing to break Belgian law to keep the mode in. At a time when other companies have realised that loot boxes aren't going to go unchecked by world governments, EA's brazenness is particularly galling.

20 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

I assume @TCO is referring to the gambling culture it encourages, especially among children. I understand that you can play it without spending real money, but I can very much see how it could cause significant problems for people with addictive personalities. I haven't actually played FIFA or Madden since Ultimate Team was introduced, but I'd stay away from it for that very reason.

There's also the issue of EA announcing that they're willing to break Belgian law to keep the mode in. At a time when other companies have realised that loot boxes aren't going to go unchecked by world governments, EA's brazenness is particularly galling.

Yeah that is true. I don't do it anymore but a few years ago I spent a ton of money on MUT

They used to have Bronze and Silver online cups and divisions, that was great. The current way they do it, basically any player lower than 80 is useless outside of SBCs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MDK said:

I just wish there were more people to play manual controls with in FUT. Or more emphasis on Bronze and Silver teams.

This is a thing that used to drive me nuts on FIFA.

Even playing local multiplayer with some friends, they'd refuse to use anything other than pretty much automatic assists on everything. Infuriating! Where's the enjoyment in that?

Just now, Liam Mk2 said:

This is a thing that used to drive me nuts on FIFA.

Even playing local multiplayer with some friends, they'd refuse to use anything other than pretty much automatic assists on everything. Infuriating! Where's the enjoyment in that?

I get more enjoyment out of playing manual because you can have the ball about three yards from an open goal and still put it closer to the corner flag than the net. Even simple things like stringing together 3 quick passes is a challenge.

• Like 2