Sign in to follow this  
It's Pronounced Zoom-E

FIFA 19

I'm mixed about the game so far. It's certainly more realistic gameplay for sure, but it seems the passing is very poor so far. Pace is non-existent; I'm glad they have fixed it, but they've overcorrected pace in my opinion.

Career mode still has the same problem of big teams never playing their top players consistently, though. That's one of the most annoying things about FIFA, how poor the AI is for Career Mode. Makes be wish I had a laptop still for FM

I'm quite enjoying this engine. Until they fuck it up that is.

We’re as surprised as you, mate

Petr's worried that the negotiations might get a bit feisty it seems.

• Haha 1

Game plays really well this year, seems to have nailed the power of pace and the general speed of the gameplay.

I love the Champions League presentation too. Played a friendly with Newcastle vs Barcelona as a Champions League game and Newcastle had the Champions League and UEFA respect badges on their sleeve instead of the Premier League ones. Lovely little touch that they're usually too lazy to implement. I wonder if Championship teams have the Premier League badges and font if they get promoted in career now?

7 minutes ago, TCO said:

Game plays really well this year, seems to have nailed the power of pace and the general speed of the gameplay.

I love the Champions League presentation too. Played a friendly with Newcastle vs Barcelona as a Champions League game and Newcastle had the Champions League and UEFA respect badges on their sleeve instead of the Premier League ones. Lovely little touch that they're usually too lazy to implement. I wonder if Championship teams have the Premier League badges and font if they get promoted in career now?

I think I’ve read that they will get the badges. Don’t know about the font though.

3 hours ago, Cymbols said:

I think I’ve read that they will get the badges. Don’t know about the font though.

Just had a look and saw a few people say the fonts change with promotions/relgations too.

That's amazing if true and it finally makes getting promoted fully satisfying!

• Like 1

Just now, TCO said:

Just had a look and saw a few people say the fonts change with promotions/relgations too.

That's amazing if true and it finally makes getting promoted fully satisfying!

Alright for you, already being in the Prem!

But yeah, quality addition this. 

Got the game on release, will be able to play for the first time this evening, so hype. Looking forward to treating Villa to some actual defenders in career mode.

I want to like it, mainly because of the presentation and the fact it looks beautiful in 4K but it’s still light-years behind PES for me.

The ball physics feel off, when I’m sprinting with the ball, it still feels heavy and that it’s weighted, then you shoot and it suddenly feels completely light when it’s gliding through the air. 

Think I’ll pass on it again this year.

• Like 1

That's higher than I would of expected. I also like that they've put 'Less than 1%' as opposed to 0.0001% like it probably is.

It seems literally any goal with a deflection or last touch from the opposition is being classed as an own goal :wacko:

17 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

It seems literally any goal with a deflection or last touch from the opposition is being classed as an own goal :wacko:

Really? Had a few deflected shots go in myself and the original shooter was credited.

I've had two, the first a shot that was obviously on target but deflected in, and the second from a corner where the guy on the line tried to head it out but couldn't. Both given as own goals, and if the second one wasn't on target then the defender must be around eight feet tall.

Nerfing the speed has also apparently nerfed my ability to play the game. Counter-attacking is now pretty much pointless and that was the only way I knew to play.

Hooray for realism, and hooray for another thing in my life being taken away from me.

Got lucky with some packs! Got Dembele, Rashford and a totw Bundasliga striker, so sold off the first two and have a quality bundasliga squad built around my totw targetman. I can finally play the game the proper way: 442 with wingers and a head on a stick and it bloody works!

Yeah headers and bicycle kicks are super powerful this year, Giroud is amazing in spite of his pace because of it. Gets onto everything.

I actually really love the general reduction in pace, feels much more realistic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jericruise said:

Yeah headers and bicycle kicks are super powerful this year, Giroud is amazing in spite of his pace because of it. Gets onto everything.

I actually really love the general reduction in pace, feels much more realistic.

It actually feels like strength makes a difference in this

• Like 1

Dropped down to World Class and it is such a chore for so few points in Squad Battles. But if I'm losing 6-2 on Legendary I guess I don't really have a choice.

I'm not even bothering with squad battles really, the rewards are so much better for Rivals.

46 minutes ago, It's Pronounced Zoom-E said:

I literally have no idea what these Squad Battles and Rivals things are 😑

FUT.

Squad battles are when you face AI controlled teams made by other players and Rivals is when you just play against other people for coin, points and to increase your e-penis.

• Thanks 1

Did one of the SBC's and got a mega pack - got TOTW Mandzukic, OTW Alison and De Gea. Mental. 

Then opened a rare mega pack and top rated player was 82. Wild.