TEW16 Real World Update: October 2018

Here is the update for October, there are two key updates this month, the first is with tag teams, after finding out that a team set to "none" is considered a default setting, I've set teams from inactive promotions and inactive/incomplete teams from active feds to "none" this should make things easier in the long run although you may have to add some teams back into promotions if you run them but this set up should make that easier, I'm going to look through each fed and add in missing teams over time. Along with this I removed a lot of the stable/faction teams with no experience, this mostly affected Dragon Gate and the Bullet Club, I'll add back any notable teams over time. The next big update is with the new workers, I've been working on a side project using this data to make a British wrestling scene, as part of this I added a lot of workers (FULL LIST HERE). Other than that I think it's just been the typical updates and changes posted in the threads.

One thing for future notice, I'm going to be reworking my picture pack for the next release in January, put simply I'm going to convert it to the common file naming system, "Their Name.jpg" instead of "Their_Name.jpg", this is simply to allow other graphics packs to be used with the mod since the only reason for the underscore was uploading to Photobucket, something I no longer do. All mods for 2018 will still use the underscore system but I'll rename the pack and convert over for 2019.

Enjoy

Database: October 2018
Graphics: October 2018
Workers: August 2018

Graphics DLC: DLC 1 (October 2017)
Graphics DLC contains loading screens and pictures of non wrestlers cut on the same background used for workers.

TEW Mods by TheWho87 are now on Discord

Frequently Asked Questions

Why is [Promotion] closed when they are active?
Due to how slow the game runs with more promotions active, I have included active promotions but have them closed, to identify these they have their opening date and closed date the same. To activate the promotion simply remove the closed date. They may also have their titles histories included, if they do you need to go into "Title Lineages" and remove their most recent record (identified with a "= -" or "= - #" before their record name). You can then activate the title (all closed promotions titles are retired) and then set the champion if they are under contract.

Helpful Guidelines

Spoiler

Tag Experience Level To Matches
None: F- / 0-20
Low: E / 20-49
Medium: D+ / 50-69
Good: C / 70-99
Maximum: A* / 100+

Stamina Stat To Match Length
41-53% = 10m Max
53-65% = 15m Max
65-77% = 34m Max
77-89% = 49m Max
89-100% - upto 88m

Popularity Levels (Based on general all region percentages)
0-19% = Unknown
20-39% = Regional Level
40-57% = Regional Star
58-62% = Recognisable
63-69% = Well Known
70-77% = Draw
78-84% = Star
85-92% = Huge Star
93-100% = Icon

Personality Templates

Spoiler

Class Act (Positive)
- Compassionate
- Dependable
- Driven
- Humble
- Loyal
- Optimistic
- Social

Class Act (Positive)
- Dependable
- Extremely Loyal
- Social

Egomaniac Star (Extremly Negative)
- Bold
- Dependable
- Extremely Driven
- Extremely Egotistical
- Extremely Manipulative
- Mercenary
- Ruthless
- Selfish

Free Spirit (Positive)
- Compassionate
- Extremely Flaky
- Extremely Liberal
- Extremely Social
- Hesitant
- Humble
- Loyal
- Naive
- Optimistic

Grizzled Veteran
- Antisocial
- Conservative
- Dependable
- Pessimistic

Jerk (Very Negative)
- Bold
- Driven
- Egotistical
- Manipulative
- Mercenary
- Ruthless
- Selfish

Master Politician
- Driven
- Egotistical
- Extremely Dependable
- Extremely Manipulative
- Ruthless
- Selfish
- Social

Normal
- Bold
- Egotistical
- Mercenary
- Ruthless
- Selfish
- Social

Party Animal (Positive)
- Bold
- Extremely Social
- Flaky
- Hesitant
- Liberal
- Optimistic

Rookie (Positive)
- Compassionate
- Dependable
- Extremely Naive
- Generous
- Hesitant
- Humble
- Loyal
- Optimistic
- Social
- Timid

How to Install a Mod and Picture Packs in TEW 2016

Spoiler

• Like 2

• Lineker pinned and featured this topic
12 hours ago, KingCrippler said:

I am genuinely confused as to why seemingly no one is over at all. Even Zack Sabre Jr is a jobber in his own country and, even more bafflingly, a jobber in Japan, where he's had a very strong push in 2018.

Maybe because things like this only get brought up when complaining about workers not being over, rather than suggesting pop increases if they are noted, a key example this month was Impact who have had a complete pop overhaul because it was brought up. I guess I'll look through NJPW now.

1 hour ago, TheWho87 said:

Maybe because things like this only get brought up when complaining about workers not being over, rather than suggesting pop increases if they are noted, a key example this month was Impact who have had a complete pop overhaul because it was brought up. I guess I'll look through NJPW now.

Genuine question...are you saying here that you only update the database (or at least aspects like Pop) when people suggest it?

Surely one of the most important things month-to-month is to keep the main functions of the game in the major promotions up to date? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Adam es Tranquilo said:

Genuine question...are you saying here that you only update the database (or at least aspects like Pop) when people suggest it?

Surely one of the most important things month-to-month is to keep the main functions of the game in the major promotions up to date? 

Yes and no, there is 49 active promotions in the database and I am but one person and cannot follow everyone of them to a level to keep up with every change personally, that's the whole point of these threads. I try and update pop every few months but sometimes things fall through the cracks.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Adam es Tranquilo said:

The sheer amount of stuff that goes into modding for TEW is immense. I've been working on a mod off and on forever. Scrapped it a few times to start fresh as I learned more about how it works. Unless someone is getting paid to work on a project like this full time, mod makers need to rely on the people who play the mods to come to them with updates and fixes.

TheWho would essentially have to start a game with every promotion, every month, to personally be able to see all of the changes that may need to be made.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Gabriel said:

The sheer amount of stuff that goes into modding for TEW is immense. I've been working on a mod off and on forever. Scrapped it a few times to start fresh as I learned more about how it works. Unless someone is getting paid to work on a project like this full time, mod makers need to rely on the people who play the mods to come to them with updates and fixes.

TheWho would essentially have to start a game with every promotion, every month, to personally be able to see all of the changes that may need to be made.

Add to that the logical burnout from constantly working on one thing all the time, that's why I do all these other variant mods. There are two real world mods available, I'm not forcing people people to use mine. In regards to getting paid for this, I have thought about doing a patreon, but then I didn't want to be that kind of a Sol Campbell.

I'm aware Gabriel, I simply asked a question. Thanks to Who for answering it. I wasn't getting at him or suggesting he should somehow find extra hours in the day to do even more than he already does. I know full well how much time and effort goes into these mods and I'm grateful Who does them, I have said that before many times.

My personal opinion is that the Pop stats for the major promotions - WWE, Impact, NJPW, ROH, CMLL - should be one of the first priorities every month. If it was maintained better month to month then it wouldn't be such a big ask like doing a total overhaul is every 9 months or so.

• Like 1

Just now, Adam es Tranquilo said:

I'm aware Gabriel, I simply asked a question. Thanks to Who for answering it. I wasn't getting at him or suggesting he should somehow find extra hours in the day to do even more than he already does. I know full well how much time and effort goes into these mods and I'm grateful Who does them, I have said that before many times.

My personal opinion is that the Pop stats for the major promotions - WWE, Impact, NJPW, ROH, CMLL - should be one of the first priorities every month. If it was maintained better month to month then it wouldn't be such a big ask like doing a total overhaul is every 9 months or so.

I'm sure Who would be grateful for people signing up to help out with that kind of stuff. If you've got the free time to contribute, even just pop stats for one or two promotions a month, it would help ease his burden.

5 minutes ago, Adam es Tranquilo said:

Every 9 months may be a bit too much, I try and aim to look into main pop every 2-3 months but thoer things pop up and tends to be a bit longer.

• Like 1

Quick question about the NWA.

From the looks of it Ring of Honor and Championship Wrestling from Hollywood are the two main promotions for title defenses. Especially since Cody is the Champion now, should ROH be part of the NWA Alliance?
Both Cody and Nick Aldis had a title defense in ROH and the title was featured prominently on TV over the last few months (especially in the built to All In).

Also maybe add Cody to Championship Wrestling from Hollywood (since this promotion is currently the only NWA Alliance member).

Adding ROH to the NWA Alliance would mean removing them from the New Japan World Alliance, and I think that would be detrimental. NJPW, CMLL, ROH and RevPro all deal with each other more than ROH and the NWA will.

Might be better to just add the NWA World Heavyweight Title to CWH right now, and put Cody there on a PPA deal.

• 2 weeks later...

Spoiler

Remove Don Marnell from OTT

Change Raven Creed's default Babyface, Heel, & OTT gimmick to Crazy (Weird)

Change Raven Creed's Body Type to Average

Change Sammii Jayne's Body Type to Average

Add an Alter Ego for Mao Inoue called MAO, Gimmick: Old School Heel (Cocky), Promotion: DDT, Usage: 100%. Set this as his Name in DDT

Increase T-Hawk's Star Quality to 60%

Edited by Y2JFan111

• Lineker unfeatured and unpinned this topic