Formula One 2019

Lineker

Looks as though F1 will introduce an extra point for the fastest Grand Prix lap. I know it's not a new idea because they did it back in the 1950s, but I like it. Having something potentially to play for in a processional race should make things a bit more interesting.

The only thing annoying me about the F1 series is the fake, post-produced commentary they're using throughout. It always sounds so forced and emotionless, as well as the F1 fan side of me knowing that nobody watching was interested in whether Carlos Sainz finished ahead of Fernando Alonso at Baku, and that no commentator was discussing it when they crossed the line. They're using the Sky commentary as well so it's even more obvious.

In fact my favourite part of this was them using the same guy to announce title victories by Ayrton Senna, Damon Hill and Lewis Hamilton right next to each other.

• Confused 1

To be fair it's a really small part of it, and the documentary side of it is top notch which is what really matters. You even get to meet Christian and Geri Horner's donkeys. It's just something that always jars me, BT did it whenever they did shows of archive goals and had someone commentating from present day trying to feign surprise at a goal being scored.

And after the Monaco episode I've somehow managed to find a way to dislike the Strolls even more.

• Like 1