All Elite Mods: June 2002 (TEW 16)

Gabriel

Currently looking at Hall of Immortals candidates and I'm unsure where to cap the mark on headlining "Historic or Legendary" events. Wrestlemania, Starrcade, and January 4th main eventers are obvious inclusions but I'm also tempted to include Royal Rumble winners in this category, regardless of whether they went on to the Wrestlemania main event itself. Similarly, G1 Climax and KOTR winners might be worth including in this category just to pad it out a little.

EDIT - Also the possibility of Anniversario and Triplemania (and Summerslam at a stretch) being included, as well as the difficulty of determining the main events of Starrcade '91 and '92 due to the Battlebowl.

Edited by Naitch

I would keep it based on the supershows for a company. Wrestlemania, Starrcade, Wrestle Kingdom. I wouldn't include the Royal Rumble, G1 or KOTR as being Historic or Legendary. Isn't there an option for tournament winners? I'd include Triple Mania...but what company is Anniversario?

So I'd definitely include that. I just don't think we should be watering down what's considered a "Legendary" show. It should be that one show a year for each company that can be considered the staple of their company. And of course only for those at the top of the popularity charts for their areas. 

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure an earlier version only counted 1 vs 1 and 2 vs 2 matches as headliners so I assume that's still the case.

I would include G1,Royal Rumble, and KOTR wins as title wins. I'd include AJPW and NOAH tournament winners until you figure they weren't national companies anymore. 

Quick update for you guys. I had about 20 wrestlers set into the database, but with @iDOL providing us with an updated version of his mod for our usage, I have stopped adding until he gets that out to us. I had been making the necessary tweaks due to the TEW 13 to TEW 16 conversion, but the updated version should mean less tweaks and fixes will be needed.

Once I have all of the workers added into the database, I'll be starting a game to find any necessary changes before we release anything. Everybody helping will be given the link to download the data before we make it public if you'd like the opportunity to get in your fix suggestions before the regular players.

QUESTION TIME!

With workers that we can't just import right away, should I shelve them off to the side (provided they aren't important) and work on adding those guys and gals after the initial beta release? Or would you prefer that I get them all in before the beta? From what I can tell so far, that list is going to include guys who came in and jobbed once or twice and weren't heard from again, so I am personally leaning towards adding them after the beta comes out, but this is a mod for the people, by the people, and your input is valued.

EDIT: Real quick, because The Christmas Fork brought this up and it's a good question that I meant to answer earlier. If you're working on something and want to use iDOL's mod to import data so that you can just make the tweaks and fixes necessary, that is 100% cool, and in some cases even encouraged. When he sets us up with the file, if it's sent privately to me, I will message you all with a link to the data. If he posts it here, make sure to download it so that you can use it to your advantage.

Having played his mod quite a bit since picking up TEW 16, I can attest to the fact that he's done some fantastic work with it, and we're very lucky to have him giving it to us as a tool.

Edited by Gabriel

Here is the latest BETA of my 2004 mod should you guys want to import from it. I believe this is the latest, I will check my laptop when I get a chance, and will upload any more current version if I find one. There is also a link to Derek B's mod guide in pdf which is really handy.

Derekb's mod guide:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/cg5bu6ys1axsde3/012004_RA.zip/file

January 2004 Data:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/cg5bu6ys1axsde3/012004_RA.zip/file

January 2004 Pics: 

http://www.mediafire.com/file/cdn798h58ri6mo1/012004_RA%28PICS%29.zip

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks again, iDOL!

At the rate that I'm getting stuff done here, I am hoping to have TNA functional enough by New Year's for me to be able to start play-testing to find necessary adjustments. I would expect that the first beta release will be end of January at the current pace. Note that some of the work may not be complete by that point (but the roster and free agents will be), so I will have imported placeholders for those sections if necessary.

The plan is to release continuous beta versions until we feel like it's complete. As we go through the project and finish things up, I'm sure that some people may want to split off to begin work on something else, but my plan is to continue adding promotions and future workers until I lose interest in adding more. Which is unlikely to happen in the near future, as their are a lot of companies that I want to have present in the game world, not to mention the future companies, as well as future workers for all promotions.

19 minutes ago, Rocky da RedNosed Reindeer said:

Did you want me to continue with locationsor did you just want to import iDOLs data in? There were only 3 or 4 used by TNA in that era so nothing has gone into it.

I'd like for us to build our own locations file, so if you can get the TNA locations done, that would be cool. You can go beyond 2002 if you'd like, just let me know where you finish off so that myself or someone else can take over later.

Even if there are only 4 locations in the game with the first beta release, any time a player wants to take the show outside of the confines of the venues that TNA actually ran, the game will still allow it. It's just that any regions without our customized locations in them will be Generic Venue, as supplied by the game. I feel like that's okay for what we're trying to accomplish here. To help fill up the game world with locations, maybe the criteria for next promotion added should include that it needs to be a company that will put at least one venue in a region without any.

And yes, for anyone who is just joining in with the updates, WWE will for sure be in the game. It would be insane not to include them. I just don't really feel like it matters which promotions get added and in what order, beyond TNA being included first. So maybe I will make it a priority to get as much representation as possible across the board before we fill up one area with too many companies.

1 hour ago, TheWho87 said:

Feel free to use the Event, Team, Tour, TV Show and Worker Name sets from my mod, they are basically an updated version of the default names from the C-Verse, along with my basic injury file.

You can find them all in my Organic mod.

Thanks so much, man.

Would you mind if I imported angles, match types, etc from your mod as a placeholder until we finish our own files for those?

Quick update:

To get the mod Beta 1 ready, I just need to add in Cheex, Corsica Joe, Del Rios, Ed Ferrara, Erin, Hermie Sadler, Jackie Fargo, Joanie, Joel Gertner, Jorge Estrada, Malice, Miss Sasha, Puppet, Sterling Marlin, Taylor Vaughn, Teo, The Brown Eyed Girl and Tyler. That's it for workers who should technically have TNA contracts.

Gimmicks and Title Lineages are the only other things remaining that I feel like are necessary to get the first version out for playtesting. It would be nice if we had worker pictures, but I'd like for us to have our own set to differentiate from the rest of the mod makers out there. So Beta 1 will be uploaded without pics.

Which brings me to a question for everybody. What promotion should we add next?

New Japan Pro Wrestling, Ring of Honor, World Wrestling All-Stars, Frontier Wrestling Alliance or Extreme Canadian Championship Wrestling?

Any one of those five promotions will open up new venues in the game.

I will be uploading what we have ready on January 1st... work will continue on TNA-centric stuff until I've completed everything that I can (that hasn't been assigned to someone)... at that point, I will be using your input to select one of those five previously mentioned companies for inclusion and begin research on that.

After TNA is complete, the second promotion will be worked on, their workers used in from June 2002 to the end of the year will be in the game, and TNA workers from 2003 will be added.

EDIT: Before anyone asks, the promotions I selected for voting were chosen with intent. I just started a test game and Christopher Daniels is currently ranked as the number one free agent in the world. All five of those promotions are companies he worked for in 2002 spanning different locations. I will need to do some stat tweaking here though, as I feel like the number two ranked free agent (Curt Hennig) should be above Daniels. Even X-Pac, who is sitting at number three should probably be ahead of him.

So with choosing promotions, my hope is to take the top of the free agents available and find them a home each time we add a new company to the mix.

Edited by Gabriel
  • Like 1