All Elite Mods: June 2002 (TEW 16)

Gabriel

Next question I have is about TNA's weekly PPV.

Since they didn't start airing until the third week of June, should I leave the weekly show set up and just have users choose to not run shows the first two weeks if they want to follow the real life schedule? This would allow TNA to have their weekly PPV if users select a different promotion to start.

The other option is to remove the weekly show, and have users set it up for the third week themselves. That way, they won't need to cancel the first two weeks or book random non-canon shows for the first two weeks... but it sets up the issue that TNA, if not played by the user, may go right to a television deal or just run monthly events.

I'm leaning towards leaving it in so that we can avoid TNA putting on monthly shows or getting tv instead, but as always, I am interested in what you guys all think.

I can't argue with ROH, but selfishly I would rather WWA.

Start TNA with the weekly events. The user can delete it before the game starts if they want to follow real life.

FYI, I have Canadian and American PPV providers done and I'm done employment histories for workers whose names start with A and B from the list you gave me.

49 minutes ago, KJE said:

I can't argue with ROH, but selfishly I would rather WWA.

Start TNA with the weekly events. The user can delete it before the game starts if they want to follow real life.

FYI, I have Canadian and American PPV providers done and I'm done employment histories for workers whose names start with A and B from the list you gave me.

I have imported a placeholder file for Broadcasters temporarily, so if you're not done with that yet, keep rolling and you can send me the database file when you're done. Or if you're done, you can send me the file whenever.

Employment histories you can send my way whenever you're wanting to. If you want to send them all at once, that's cool, or you can send them in batches. Until we have the other companies set up, I'll be keeping your list in a folder on my computer so that I can go through and add the necessary histories as we go.

I feel the same way you do about the next promotion. Ring of Honor absolutely makes sense. They used locations not in our database yet, a lot of future TNA talent went through ROH, and it was an exciting time for the company because it was their first year. I'm a sucker for WWA though. I watched every show on PPV, and actually went back and watched them all again not too long ago. In a lot of ways, WWA was a test run for what NWATNA turned out to be. Right down to the southern style booking, treatment of women and exploitation of midget wrestlers. I mean, they'll get added eventually, as we are going to build a very expansive game world, but part of me was hoping people would look away from the more obvious inclusions and get excited about the WWA.

EDIT: Just ran a quick test through the first month of the game. I booked show one segment for segment, and the show quality was good enough to raise popularity in a few regions. I let auto-booker take the lead for the last three weeks of the month. Each week, the show hovered around the same quality, losing popularity in a couple of regions, but gaining some in more. The PPV buyrates went down with each show, which I feel like is pretty accurate.

Scott Hall, Buff Bagwell and Joey Matthews all ended up being sent to rehab after show one, with each showing up wasted on booze or drugs (or both, in Hall's case). I'm going to play with their personality and behavioral settings a bit, because while they all have/had issues, it shouldn't be three guys on the first show who are being taken away from the user.

I have to lower AJ Styles popularity, because he complained to no end about taking the pin against Jimmy Yang. Not that the creative decision to do that made any sense, especially since the three losers in that match were part of the X Division Title "tournament" the next week, but he shouldn't be complaining at that stage of his career, especially against a guy like Yang who had significantly more name value.

I will be removing some of the providers that TNA has, as the game only allows one per region anyways, and they doubled up. Also, the company wound up making money in the first month, so I'll be lowering their starting finances to reflect that. I imagine that as worker contracts change due to new promotion inclusions, the finances will start to even out a bit more. I have TNA at Cult, and currently everyone is on a written contract for the duration of their tenures in the company. Obviously, anyone who was working elsewhere will end up with a PPA deal, and that will affect financial numbers. I was kind of hoping that the sheer amount of non-wrestlers they had would drive the wage bill to be too much, but the contracts changing will balance that out.

Edited by Gabriel

BETA 1: RELEASE

Click Here to Download

Many thanks to everyone who has contributed, whether it's data, ideas or opinions.

The purpose of this first beta is for anyone who would like to play as TNA, to have the opportunity to run the company for a little bit in the game world and contribute to the mod by making suggestions for fixes/additions/etc.

All workers who were on the first two shows are in as contracted TNA talents. The vast majority of other workers who wrestled for TNA in 2002 are included. The remaining workers that I have to create will also be added, as I am keeping a list, but if there is someone you notice missing that you particularly would like to have available sooner than later, feel free to make that suggestion and I will get to it as soon as I can.

Beta 2 will include Ring of Honor as a playable promotion, with their active roster intact and their other talents from June 2002 to the end of the year added in. I will also be adding in workers who wrestled for TNA in 2003.

Below, in spoilers, you can find the complete list of important additions to the mod. There is a list at the bottom of everyone who contributed data to the project thus far. If you're working on something that hasn't been added in yet, don't fret, because you will be added to our list of All Elite Modders as soon as something of yours is included in the data.

Promotion Added:

NWA Total Nonstop Action

Workers Added:

Ace Steel

Adam Jacobs

Adam Windsor

AJ Styles

Alexis Laree

Amazing Red

April Hunter

Azrael

Bill Behrens

BJ Whitmer

Bo Dupp

Bob Armstrong

Bobcat

Brian Christopher

Brian Lee

Brown Eyed Girl

Buff Bagwell

Cassidy O’Reilly

Chase Stevens

Cheex

Chris Hamrick

Chris Harris

Chris Vaughn

Christian York

Christie Ricci

Christopher Daniels

CM Punk

Corsica Joe

Crowbar

Curt Hennig

Daffney

David Young

Derek Wylde

Disco Inferno

Don Harris

Don West

Dory Funk Jr

Dr Heresy

Ed Ferrara

Elektra

Elix Skipper

Erin

EZ Money

Flash Flanagan

Fluff Dupp

Francine

Frank Parker

Gabriel

Gangrel

Goldylocks

Gran Apolo

Harley Race

Hermie Sadler

Hollywood

Homicide

Jackie Fargo

James Storm

Jasmin St Claire

Jason Cross

Jay Briscoe

Jeff Jarrett

Jeremy Borash

Jerry Jarrett

Jerry Lynn

Jimmy Rave

Jimmy Yang

Joanie

Joel Gertner

Joel Maximo

Joey Matthews

Johnny Kashmere

Johnny Swinger

Jorge Estrada

Jose Maximo

Kaos

Ken Shamrock

Kid Kash

Kid Romeo

K-Kwik

Konnan

Kwee Wee

Lash LeRoux

Lenny Lane

Low-Ki

Mark Briscoe

Mark Johnson

Matt Stryker

Mike Shane

Mike Tenay

Miss Sasha

Monty Brown

Mortimer Plumtree

Norman Smiley

Prince Justice

Psychosis

Puppet

Rainman

Rick Michaels

Rick Santel

Rick Steiner

Ricky Steamboat

Road Dogg

Ron Harris

Ryan Shamrock

Sabu

Sara Lee

Scoot Andrews

Scott Armstrong

Scott Hall

Shark Boy

Simon Diamond

Sinister Minister

Slim J

Sonny Siaki

Spellbinder

Sterling Marlin

Steve Corino

Takao Omori

Taylor Vaughn

Teo

The Wall

Toby Keith

Todd Shane

Tony Mamaluke

Trent Acid

Trevor Rhodes

Tyler

Wolfie D

X-Pac

Championships Added:

NWA World Heavyweight

NWA World Tag Team

NWA X Division

Alliances Added:

National Wrestling Alliance (NWATNA)

Alter Egos Added:

Alicia

Bruce

Del Rios

Devon Storm

James Mitchell

Justice

K-Krush

Lenny

Malice

Psicosis

Richard Johnson

Rod Johnson

Shannon

Slash

Stan Dupp

Taylor Vaughn

Vampire Warrior

Broadcaster Deals Added:

NWATNA - iN DEMAND

NWATNA - Viewers Choice

Events Added:

NWA Total Nonstop Action (NWATNA)

Locations Added:

Nashville Auditorium

Tennessee State Fairgrounds

Von Braun Center

Placeholder Files Used:

Angles

Broadcasters

Gimmicks

Injuries

Match Types

All Elite Modders:

The Christmas Fork

Rocky da RedNosed Reindeer

iDOL*

TheWho*

Question time!

Would you guys prefer that I assign gimmicks to all workers using the placeholder file, and then making the adjustments when ours is ready to go? It's more work, but I don't mind if it makes it more playable for everyone.

The other option is just to leave everyone without gimmicks to start, allowing the user to assign gimmicks to the workers in their promotion. It's less work for me, as the first method would require that I redo everyone's gimmicks when our gimmick file is good to go, but it's not the end of the world if you'd all prefer that there are gimmicks assigned.

As it's still a work in progress I'd wait till the final gimmick file is sorted, it will be a bitch to assign but doing it once is better than doing it twice, plus you'd have to remove the placeholders to add yours so you will wipe that work out anyway.

Also to whom ever is doing the gimmicks, while the numbers matter, don't feel the need to be super detailed with the numbers, basing the stats in 10's is easier to work with for everyone, player and modder, anything more is just more work.

• Like 2

On 02/01/2019 at 18:52, iDOL said:

I was coming in to say that before you guys progress any further I would tackle the gimmicks file. It will be an absolute nightmare to move on without it and then go back and try to assign them as the alter egos make it 10x the work.

I believe @Adam es Tranquilo is working on the gimmicks file for us. Are you still up for that or should I tackle it?

Either way, I'm continuing to go through and add. Yeah, it's going to be a bit of extra work to go through and add gimmicks to everyone afterwards, but it will give me a nice little break from the other stuff I'm working on.

@Adam es TranquiloDon't be a quitter. If it makes you feel better I'm only at C's on the bios. I had to go back and re-write A's and B's because I wanted to make them more uniform. This isn't a scene, it's an Arms race.....wait no, that doesn't work. It's not a race to the finish...Let's just put out the best quality mod we can.

11 hours ago, Adam es Tranquilo said:

I was indeed, but ive not got very far at all because I've had assignments over Christmas. If it's such a pressing issue then perhaps someone else should give it a go and I'll jump on something else when I have a bit more time to contribute.

No issues are pressing issues, my friend. If you want, you can send me what you have so that I can see how you're doing it. Then I can add in gimmicks that we need myself and you can keep working at whatever pace you need to. Or, like I mentioned earlier, I can just keep rolling without adding gimmicks to workers if you'd prefer. There is a placeholder file for gimmicks there. Users would just need to assign their own gimmicks in their games.

Either way, it's all good. Just let me know what you wanna do.

Is there anyone who's knowledgeable enough about Mexican wrestling to help me with the Hall of Immortals criteria there?

It's a bit of a struggle to work exactly when CMLL becomes a promotion worth considering a major promotion for "headlining a major event" purposes, and I have no idea which titles are historically considered as the main prizes in either CMLL or AAA. Mid 90s Triplemanias also appear to have been multi-event affairs, so several workers end up getting more than one "main event" per year.

CMLL is difficult because they are most likely a cult promotion game wise but with in TEW 2020 new size set up they will probably be national?  They've always been a major promotion though.

Maybe go through the WON HOF and include those luchadors? 

I wish I could help with that, but I'd probably just use Wrestling Observer or (worse yet) Pro Wrestling Illustrated to help me fill all that in. I suppose you could bother someone from the Lucha thread in the wrestling forum. There are a lot of really knowledgeable guys in there.

I was more meaning by finding who was in the WON HOF, you could see what titles they held for their accomplishments.

For CMLL, I'm assuming the Light Heavyweight title would be their main title but I don't know enough if some other weight classes would be considered main event or not.

Quick Update: I just have six guys left that I need to create for ROH. Bio-Hazard, Boogalou, Chris Divine, John Hope, Quiet Storm and Rudy Boy Gonzalez.

After I finish up those six guys, I will be moving on to adding the 2003 workers for NWATNA. Beyond that, I'm going to jump on creating some gimmicks to help out with that.

With two promotions set for the United States, the third company I'll be adding in will be from outside of the US. Again, I'll look at the top "Free Agents" that are included in the mod as of that point, and will give you guys a selection to choose from. I just want to make sure that we don't load up on any one area while neglecting others. 

On 19/12/2018 at 00:17, Dazed and ConFORKed said:

I can do worker profiles. Throw me a list of workers as you add them and I'll do up some bios. I can also do Title Lineages. I'd say some of these we should import from the default database such as Injuries, Angles and Match Types though we can always add to those as well. Once I get a handle on how much work the two projects I've taken on will be, I might be able to help with more.

I just think if we're going to claim to be "Elite" then we need to try to make sure that things are as complete as possible, even if it'll have little to do with the actual game. Such as Real Life Locations. Though it's a cosmetic thing more than anything, I think we should create a file for this mod that we can continue to add to or take away from for any other timeframe. Same with title lineages. Titles may be retired by June 2002 but I think over time we should add them so that we can basically activate or deactivate depending on what we're working on.

I know it seems like a lot of work, but honestly we can work on it over time and release various iterations of it until we feel like we have a complete product.

In a perfect world this would also be the case for promotions, workers, dojos & graduates, titles etc. Would be an insane amount of work, though as you said, could be worked on over time. 

On 16/01/2019 at 00:21, Gabriel said:

Quick Update: I just have six guys left that I need to create for ROH. Bio-Hazard, Boogalou, Chris Divine, John Hope, Quiet Storm and Rudy Boy Gonzalez.

After I finish up those six guys, I will be moving on to adding the 2003 workers for NWATNA. Beyond that, I'm going to jump on creating some gimmicks to help out with that.

With two promotions set for the United States, the third company I'll be adding in will be from outside of the US. Again, I'll look at the top "Free Agents" that are included in the mod as of that point, and will give you guys a selection to choose from. I just want to make sure that we don't load up on any one area while neglecting others. 

Need help with anything? I could do Power 500 if no one's done those yet.