All Elite Mods: June 2002 (TEW 16)

Gabriel

4 hours ago, Mr.Perfekt said:

In a perfect world this would also be the case for promotions, workers, dojos & graduates, titles etc. Would be an insane amount of work, though as you said, could be worked on over time. 

Need help with anything? I could do Power 500 if no one's done those yet. 

The goal is to make this absolutely as complete as possible. When we get to a point that there's a decent amount of people saying the database is too large, we'll see if we can get a volunteer to make a "Lite" version of the mod for those people, while the rest of us continue adding to the database. I want this to wind up being the most complete game world possible.

In regards to your offer, there is always stuff to get done! I'd hold off on the Power 500 for now though. Maybe wait until we have all of the major promotions added, so that you don't have to go back and adjust the Power 500 after the fact.

We already have someone working on it, but if you'd like to jump on Gimmicks maybe to help out? Obviously, with more than one person working on it, I can't guarantee that everything done will stay in the mod in the future, as we want to avoid clutter with multiple versions of the same thing, but that's definitely a place where we could use some help at the moment, so that I can start assigning gimmicks to the 272 workers currently in the database.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gabriel said:

The goal is to make this absolutely as complete as possible. When we get to a point that there's a decent amount of people saying the database is too large, we'll see if we can get a volunteer to make a "Lite" version of the mod for those people, while the rest of us continue adding to the database. I want this to wind up being the most complete game world possible.

In regards to your offer, there is always stuff to get done! I'd hold off on the Power 500 for now though. Maybe wait until we have all of the major promotions added, so that you don't have to go back and adjust the Power 500 after the fact.

We already have someone working on it, but if you'd like to jump on Gimmicks maybe to help out? Obviously, with more than one person working on it, I can't guarantee that everything done will stay in the mod in the future, as we want to avoid clutter with multiple versions of the same thing, but that's definitely a place where we could use some help at the moment, so that I can start assigning gimmicks to the 272 workers currently in the database.

That's awesome.

As far as working on gimmicks goes, whoever's working on them probably has their own system of doing them and I don't wanna come out midway through and create more work by doing them differently. 

I'll try and remember to get back to you at a later date once this is a bit further along so I can start work on the P500 and maybe something else like Injury or Mask & Hair histories. 

1 hour ago, Mr.Perfekt said:

That's awesome.

As far as working on gimmicks goes, whoever's working on them probably has their own system of doing them and I don't wanna come out midway through and create more work by doing them differently. 

I'll try and remember to get back to you at a later date once this is a bit further along so I can start work on the P500 and maybe something else like Injury or Mask & Hair histories. 

If you want to create a word file of Injury Histories and Mask/Hair Histories for the workers that are currently in the database, that would definitely be something you could jump on right away.

14 hours ago, Gabriel said:

If you want to create a word file of Injury Histories and Mask/Hair Histories for the workers that are currently in the database, that would definitely be something you could jump on right away.

Sure thing, I'll get to work right away.

As for the injury historyes, I'll try to be as accurate as possible about the specifics of the injury, but some info is just way too hard to find especially for lesser known workers, so some injuries will for example be there simply as "Knee Injury" instead of "Torn ACL" if that's alright. 

1 hour ago, Mr.Perfekt said:

Sure thing, I'll get to work right away.

As for the injury historyes, I'll try to be as accurate as possible about the specifics of the injury, but some info is just way too hard to find especially for lesser known workers, so some injuries will for example be there simply as "Knee Injury" instead of "Torn ACL" if that's alright. 

Yeah, that works just fine. A lot of the time, especially before the internet really took over, it was hard to get much in terms of information on injuries to people who weren't huge names, so I kind of expect it to be a little bit general in some places. Whatever you can do is awesome, really.

If someone else wants to jump on Gimmicks for the time being, I'd say go ahead. I've not got very far with it at all and realised early on that I was somewhat creating a gimmick file more suited to present day than 2002.

I'll keep an eye on the thread and jump in if I feel like there's something I can properly help with that needs doing.

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, iDOL said:

@Gabriel - Not sure if you know, as I saw you posting in the TEW graphics thread, but the picture pack I included with the 2004 mod uses an organic background and includes multiple agers for  workers.

I forgot about that! When I first grabbed TEW 16, your mod is what I played mostly, so I should have remembered that, but thanks for the head's up! And you're cool with us using that?

43 minutes ago, Gabriel said:

I forgot about that! When I first grabbed TEW 16, your mod is what I played mostly, so I should have remembered that, but thanks for the head's up! And you're cool with us using that?

The organic pics were actually a total changeover for the new TEW 2016 version. I included them in the pic pack here:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/cdn798h58ri6mo1/012004_RA(PICS).zip

And yeah, feel free to use anything from the data and graphics/pics :) I modeled the logos, events and broadcaster graphics after the C-Verse so they look pretty good in game.

Quick Update:

There are now 2 promotions in the game (TNA and ROH), totaling 311 workers.

I'm still working on finishing up some things for ROH, and I'm going to jump on something else before we release the second beta.

That said, I'm going to put to a vote the third company added in, and I'll let you guys give your input until I start work on that. The options are below, and were chosen because they are all from countries that are not the United States, and would provide a home for one or more workers listed in the top 15 of the unemployed Power 500.

Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre (Mexico)

Pro Wrestling NOAH (Japan)

Pro Wrestling Zero-1 (Japan)

Michinoku Pro (Japan)

Border City Wrestling (Canada)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
55 minutes ago, GoN_ said:

Don't want to be that guy, but is this project dead?

It is not. I haven't had as much time to work on it of late, and I haven't heard from any of the other contributors, but I'm still working on it. Currently adding pictures for all of the included workers. Once that is done, I should be able to move on to releasing a new beta if people want it, and start work on our next company inclusion which I believe is looking like NOAH, as only TheWho has weighed in on that one.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Gabriel said:

It is not. I haven't had as much time to work on it of late, and I haven't heard from any of the other contributors, but I'm still working on it. Currently adding pictures for all of the included workers. Once that is done, I should be able to move on to releasing a new beta if people want it, and start work on our next company inclusion which I believe is looking like NOAH, as only TheWho has weighed in on that one.

Thanks for the update. I know these things move slowly, but since nobody posted here for a month and a half I was afraid it got lost in the shuffle. Happy to know it didn't. :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/12/2018 at 07:51, iDOL said:

Here is the latest BETA of my 2004 mod should you guys want to import from it. I believe this is the latest, I will check my laptop when I get a chance, and will upload any more current version if I find one. There is also a link to Derek B's mod guide in pdf which is really handy.

Derekb's mod guide:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/cg5bu6ys1axsde3/012004_RA.zip/file

January 2004 Data:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/cg5bu6ys1axsde3/012004_RA.zip/file

January 2004 Pics: 

http://www.mediafire.com/file/cdn798h58ri6mo1/012004_RA%28PICS%29.zip

@HarshMillennium

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Quick update:

TNA's 2003 workers have been added. Ring of Honor is added as a playable promotion with their roster from June 2002-onward.

I am going to be adding Pro Wrestling NOAH next, as they were the only option given any votes. After I add NOAH, I'll be adding 2003 workers for ROH and 2004 workers for TNA.

Locations used for TNA and ROH from June 2002 to the end of the year are available currently.

If anyone wants it, I have a zip file for everything completed thus far, but with only two promotions, I'll only be uploading that if someone asks for it.

After I finish adding in NOAH, I'll also be using iDOL's gimmick file to assign gimmicks to all of the workers. (There are currently 315, so it's not a massive task). I'm sure that I'll be adding new ones and removing things as I go from the gimmicks file, but that seems to be the best way for us to proceed currently.

• Thanks 1

On 15/06/2019 at 19:01, Gabriel said:

Quick update:

TNA's 2003 workers have been added. Ring of Honor is added as a playable promotion with their roster from June 2002-onward.

I am going to be adding Pro Wrestling NOAH next, as they were the only option given any votes. After I add NOAH, I'll be adding 2003 workers for ROH and 2004 workers for TNA.

Locations used for TNA and ROH from June 2002 to the end of the year are available currently.

If anyone wants it, I have a zip file for everything completed thus far, but with only two promotions, I'll only be uploading that if someone asks for it.

After I finish adding in NOAH, I'll also be using iDOL's gimmick file to assign gimmicks to all of the workers. (There are currently 315, so it's not a massive task). I'm sure that I'll be adding new ones and removing things as I go from the gimmicks file, but that seems to be the best way for us to proceed currently.

I think TheWho87’s gimmick file would be better to use. I’m not even sure where mine originated from, and only keep using it because it would take too long to plug a better one in