Worst series finales ever

million$$man

4 hours ago, ClouDelightful said:

House rides off into the sunset on his bike, right? That felt like such a copout.

Also, the Sons of Anarchy series finale always rankles me. 

After having faked his death, accompanied by Wilson, who suddenly has terminal cancer.

18 hours ago, DFF said:

I take your Dexter and raise you True Blood. Not only a Godawful last ep, but entire season. 

The season was bad, but my only real problem is you don't find out who Sookie ends up with. I know they went off the rails from the books bigtime, but the whole series did that.

Sookie ends up with Sam in the books. In the series, she ends up with someone unknown who might not even be a character from the show. Bill either didn't die, or died differently than he did in the book. (I've never read any of the books, just remembering what I've heard.)

And Layfayette was murdered in either the first or second book.

15 hours ago, Blehschmidt said:

I'll say it then. The fucking Lost finale. What a god damn fantastic show up until that point. Enjoyable characters. Intriguing plots. While some parts dragged, it kept you interested. BUT..... Six years of people going, they are in purgatory, and the people in charge of the show going, they aren't in purgatory, and BAM.....fucking purgatory.

The island was an actual place they were at, it was not purgatory. The flash sideways of the final season was something similar to purgatory for them to all reconnect at once they died over time. So they were not lying when they said that with regards to the island itself. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, St. Dubb said:

The island was an actual place they were at, it was not purgatory. The flash sideways of the final season was something similar to purgatory for them to all reconnect at once they died over time. So they were not lying when they said that with regards to the island itself. 

It was a fucking lame, cop out ending for an awesome show about a mystical island that moves around, and has polar bears, and electro magnetic hatches, and others, and all of this cool shit. They claimed they had the whole thing mapped out from beginning to end since it started, then they kept asking questions and not giving answers, then realized they were out of fucking time, and gave us that bullshit.

• Like 4

Angel. I'm still pissed at how shitty they ended it. It just ended mid-fight.... I was genuinely surprised it cut to black and the episode ended and even more surprised that was the finale. Genuinely pissed me off and ruined the whole show for me. 

I actually didn't mind Dexter (other than the Deb stuff) ... Didn't like it, but I didn't absolutely hate the thing as much as most seem to. Same with Seinfield.... It was campy, but it's a sitcom. No biggie. Who's the Boss I loved, tbh. I didn't enjoy most of the last season but the ending I thought was a great way to go. 

Another recent one for me is House of Cards. I'm hoping there's more to come as I really enjoyed this last season and would love to see the aftermath of that... I hated that it was a short season and the Claire character is one of my favorites on TV right now, so I'd love to see more. But doesn't look like there will be unfortunately. So I loved the show, I loved where it's at but I hate that its ending that way. 

• Like 2

I'm not too sure what people expected from the Seinfeld finale. It felt right back then and it feels right now. It wasn't a sentimental show, so anything too mushy would have been totally against the whole vibe of the show. It came around full circle that these were incredibly selfish people and ended up paying the price, though the actual law in question is obviously a joke. I never understood the hate it got. What was the alternative? Them becoming successful from the JERRY tv show would have been lame, and them dying in the plane crash would've been a bit morbid for mid-90's tv sitcom. 

I didn't hate the Lost finale, but it was a bit of a letdown. Maybe I would've cared more if I believed in the afterlife? I have no idea. I do feel like they kind of scrambled for an ending after backing themselves into a corner. 

The only finale that I can think of that I actually didn't like was Dinosaurs. It was such a sweet, light-hearted show and I can honestly say I didn't think they'd end the show the way that they did. I'm sure there's something else that I'm not thinking of, but Dinosaurs had the finale that least felt like the other episodes. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Meacon said:

I'm not too sure what people expected from the Seinfeld finale. It felt right back then and it feels right now. It wasn't a sentimental show, so anything too mushy would have been totally against the whole vibe of the show. It came around full circle that these were incredibly selfish people and ended up paying the price, though the actual law in question is obviously a joke. I never understood the hate it got. What was the alternative? Them becoming successful from the JERRY tv show would have been lame, and them dying in the plane crash would've been a bit morbid for mid-90's tv sitcom. 

I didn't hate the Lost finale, but it was a bit of a letdown. Maybe I would've cared more if I believed in the afterlife? I have no idea. I do feel like they kind of scrambled for an ending after backing themselves into a corner. 

The only finale that I can think of that I actually didn't like was Dinosaurs. It was such a sweet, light-hearted show and I can honestly say I didn't think they'd end the show the way that they did. I'm sure there's something else that I'm not thinking of, but Dinosaurs had the finale that least felt like the other episodes. 

Regarding Dinosaurs, I think ALF ended on a bad note also.

24 minutes ago, VerbalPuke said:

Regarding Dinosaurs, I think ALF ended on a bad note also.

I remember watching ALF, but I don't remember a single thing about it, to be honest. :lol: It's right there with the original Real Ghostbusters and Ninja Turtles cartoons. I watched them and was obsessed, but either I was too young, or I'm now too old, to remember a single episode. 

3 hours ago, arwrestling said:

Angel. I'm still pissed at how shitty they ended it. It just ended mid-fight.... I was genuinely surprised it cut to black and the episode ended and even more surprised that was the finale. Genuinely pissed me off and ruined the whole show for me. 

I actually didn't mind Dexter (other than the Deb stuff) ... Didn't like it, but I didn't absolutely hate the thing as much as most seem to. Same with Seinfield.... It was campy, but it's a sitcom. No biggie. Who's the Boss I loved, tbh. I didn't enjoy most of the last season but the ending I thought was a great way to go. 

Another recent one for me is House of Cards. I'm hoping there's more to come as I really enjoyed this last season and would love to see the aftermath of that... I hated that it was a short season and the Claire character is one of my favorites on TV right now, so I'd love to see more. But doesn't look like there will be unfortunately. So I loved the show, I loved where it's at but I hate that its ending that way. 

I loved the finale of Angel. The fight never ends that was the point

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Josh to the World said:

In the case of ALF, it wasn’t meant to be the finale. It just got cancelled.

Which is why it wasn't on my list. Otherwise, it and The Lone Gunmen would have been on mine. 

Best series finale for me would have to be Newhart, by the way. Or maybe Star Trek: TNG. Which reminds me....

Star Trek: VOYAGER's finale stunk on ice. For a multitude of reasons. 

16 hours ago, arwrestling said:

13 hours ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

I loved the finale of Angel. The fight never ends that was the point

Yeah the end of Angel rocks. 

• Like 1

On 21/12/2018 at 16:37, ClouDelightful said:

House rides off into the sunset on his bike, right? That felt like such a copout.

Also, the Sons of Anarchy series finale always rankles me. 

Wait, you mean SoA doesn't end after season 3 (4?) where they shoot the Irish guy that stole Jax's kid AND the lady cop, then laugh about it in the back of the paddy wagon (wow, I never realized that's a racist term)/police van? I had a dream they went to prison and Opie died, but that was just a dream, right?

21 hours ago, Meacon said:

I remember watching ALF, but I don't remember a single thing about it, to be honest. :lol: It's right there with the original Real Ghostbusters and Ninja Turtles cartoons. I watched them and was obsessed, but either I was too young, or I'm now too old, to remember a single episode. 

I was going to feel sorry for you, but then I tried to remember specific episodes of TMNT, and I go like, half of the one where they meet Mondo Gecko, and then my other TMNT memories are buying action figures, playing video games, and comic books. I remember the Ghostbusters cartoon in kinda the same way, just bits of it.

I get what you guys are saying about Dinosaurs, but I'm pretty sure that was part of the set-up the whole time. Aren't there snippets of news broadcasts in the background about stuff starting to happen? It always pops up on click bait type lists.

Best finale for me is The Wire. It's not really anything special, but it's perfect for the show, because it shows how shit never changes, the rich criminals get away, the poor criminals get fucked, and are replaced with new, desperate, fresh faces. The game stays the game.

10 minutes ago, DMN said:

Best finale for me is The Wire. It's not really anything special, but it's perfect for the show, because it shows how shit never changes, the rich criminals get away, the poor criminals get fucked, and are replaced with new, desperate, fresh faces. The game stays the game.

It was great. I still think Breaking Bad beats it as "best show ever", but The Wire stuck the landing in a way that Breaking Bad couldn't come close to.

Back on the worst tip, I finally got around to watching season two of Wayward Pines this year and it was just one long spiral into overwrought insanity, capped off with a dumb "maybe life can find a way if humans just (literally?) chill out" closing image. I felt like I was watching a children's play and none of the kids were mine.