2019 NFL Off-Season Thread

RoHitman Reigns

Starting to get the feeling the Ravens aren't going to bring back Mosley. They signed the incredibly valuable Nick Boyle to a contract today, $6 million a year. They signed Tavon Young earlier on in the offseason. They still have cap space, but not a lot of it to wiggle around. And if Mosley is able to command above $11.5 million on the open market then he's out of the Ravens price range. And frankly as much as I like him, an ILB making that much who isn't an all-world player in pass coverage isn't something I want to do in the modern NFL. 10 years ago? For sure. Nowadays, things are different. Need corners, pass rushers, and convert physical, coverage safeties to ILB.

Schefter saying talks between the Steelers and Bills have been dead since Wednesday, yet Rapaport is sticking to his guns and saying a deal is close.

Rapaport pushing all of his chips to the middle of the table.  Probably tired of Schefter beating him to the story on pretty much everything.

• Admin
13 minutes ago, Eric Buschenhagen said:

Schefter saying talks between the Steelers and Bills have been dead since Wednesday, yet Rapaport is sticking to his guns and saying a deal is close.

Rapaport pushing all of his chips to the middle of the table.  Probably tired of Schefter beating him to the story on pretty much everything.

About that...

Five minutes later...

• Haha 1

Olivier Veron to CLE for G Kevin Zeitler. 

I'm atleast glad we got something back for OV, who was a disappointment to say the least, because I was sure we were cutting him to get more cap space flexibility. Not too sure how good Zeitler is but it can't be worse than what we've been throwing out their the past few seasons. kz-1024x536.png

Spoiler

Apprantly he's pretty good.. 

Edited by DYSI
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Sticks Sticksly said:

He's pretty good when healthy. What are we getting in Veron?

He was solid his first 2 years in a 4-3 with JPP on the other end. The next season we moved to a 3-4 and his reaccuring ankle injury acted up and put him on the shelf for most of the year, when he was on the field he wasn't all that noticeable aside from a good game at the end of the year iirc. 

I'm not sure how bad that ankle still is but it cost him some time at the end of his 2nd season and most of his 3rd with us.