2019 NFL Off-Season Thread

RoHitman Reigns

On 08/03/2019 at 18:39, GhostMachine said:

Not me. Now, if he had been traded to the Browns, I could see him announcing his retirement before the news even got out about the trade.

Antonio Brown playing for the Browns.. He'd enjoy torching his former team twice a season, I reckon.

Wow Pittsburgh, you do realize the Raiders managed to get a 1st round pick for their top receiver who hasn’t been nearly as consistent or dominant as Antonio Brown right?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Lineker said:

Contract is reworked:

Calling it a 20m per contract for Oakland is disingenuous. We're paying, at most, 54.125 over 3 years, which is just over 18. Only 16.7 if he doesn't meet the incentives. Maybe if you add in what Pittsburgh already paid him it becomes 20, but Oakland is getting the best WR in the league, on the downside of his prime, for 18mil per year. Amari Cooper is going to want 15-17 and is unlikely to out produce AB over those three years.

Oakland turned Amari Cooper a third and a fifth into Antonio Bryant and a first, but Jon Gruden is an idiot who got lucky in Tampa Bay, right?

Eh Gruden has done fuck all yet. AB is good but he's also an egomaniac and is on the downturn.

I'd wait to see if he can actually win games and how he uses the Mack picks before we anoint him as anything.

14 minutes ago, Meacon said:

I’ll wait until he wins on the field again before I go handing out kudos.

That's fair, I'm just tired of how 'Jon Gruden sucks' has become a meme (mostly on Reddit), when if you watched the Raiders last year you'd see they were clearly better coached (in terms of gameplanning) and played harder through out the season than they did under Del Rio. 

2 minutes ago, TCO said:

Eh Gruden has done fuck all yet. AB is good but he's also an egomaniac and is on the downturn.

I'd wait to see if he can actually win games and how he uses the Mack picks before we anoint him as anything.

He already effectively took two teams to the Super Bowl in the same year, so it's funny how his actual coaching ability is in question.

He does have to prove he's improved in terms of drafting, that's true.

I am absolutely willing to give Gruden kudos already because that’s a hell of a return, and they came out the other side of two controversial trades in great position.  If the reality was that they were always going to move on from Mack and Cooper, this is about as good of a return as you could hope for.  Yeah, it won’t look good if all three first rounders are busts, but that’s the next step in this process, so far the Raiders have done great in this situation.  Even if the 3 firsts don’t pan out, you can’t really argue that they haven’t done about as good as you could hope for in the situation they were in.