2019 NFL Off-Season Thread

RoHitman Reigns

1 play away from winning the Super Bowl doesn't mean much when his last two seasons were relatively bad. And I'd think that him turning down possible job opportunities and his girlfriend making a racist post on Twitter that might have cost him a job with the Ravens could possibly have been enough for the NFL to win the lawsuit. There have been plenty of QBs who have had trouble getting jobs after bad seasons. He's no different.

I agree somewhat about Trump and the racist fucktards, but Kaepernick isn't totally blameless when it comes to him not having a job in the league. My take on it is that the NFL doesn't want him, but at the same time he's a prima donna who is full of himself and thinks he deserves to be a starter right out of the gate with any team. He's more likely going to land a job as a backup with an opportunity to compete for the starting job. And if he's not willing to accept that, tough luck.

Brandon `The Human Statue' Weeden getting a job over him was bs. I'm stunned the Broncos took Joe Flacco over him, and it'll be a crime if Blake Bortles starts again before Kaepernick does. Bortles should be practicing holding the ball for kickers. Now, if Mark Sanchez ever becomes a starter over Kaepernick, then I'll know for sure something's up. (Sanchez should be playing Arena Football at this point. Would probably end up a Hall of Famer there.....)

Source: Kansas City Star

The Kansas City Chiefs have confirmed to The Star that they are aware of a law enforcement investigation involving wide receiver Tyreek Hill.

The Star has obtained a police report from the Overland Park Police Department about a battery incident that lists a juvenile as the victim. Hill’s fiancee, Crystal Espinal, 24, is listed under “others involved.”

The report is dated Thursday but it’s unclear when the alleged incident took place.

“The club is aware of the investigation involving Tyreek Hill,” the Chiefs said in a statement to The Star. “We’re in the process of gathering information and have been in contact with the league and local authorities. We’ll have no further comment at this time.”

A source familiar with the situation said Hill’s fiancee has been in contact with Overland Park police. The source said that the incident was against the couple’s 3-year-old son, resulting in a broken arm.

As of Friday afternoon, Hill had not been charged with a crime.

Not sure I totally understand the Golden Tate signing.  Trading Beckham means the Giants should be totally committed to a rebuild and $23 million guaranteed is a lot for a guy entering his age 31 season.  That said, looking at the contract breakdown he'd be a fairly easy cut after 2020 if he didn't pan out.  Also, Tate's the type of receiver who should have a favorable aging curve given that he thrives mostly in the quick passing game and doesn't need to be a speed burner.

But that's also probably the bigger issue I have with the signing - he and Sterling Shepard are very similar.  It's clear they're not going to re-sign Shepard now, so maybe they can get a draft pick for him?  They're building the offense around Barkley, surrounding him with two short passing game receivers seems a bit redundant.  I think you'd need at least one deep threat receiver, otherwise there is no need for opposing safeties to ever bother playing back against this team.

4 hours ago, Meacon said:

If an NFL franchise needs to interview minority head coaches for vanacies, then I think New England should be forced to hire a minority at wide receiver each offseason. Friggin' Trump-lovin' racists only hire the whities. 

They signed Bruce Ellington and Maurice Harris.  Resigned Phillip Dorsett.

But yeah, we're totally drafting Hunter Renfrow.