2019 NFL Off-Season Thread

RoHitman Reigns

On 15/03/2019 at 17:01, TCO said:

Kaepernick had as much of a case as anybody. He was 1 play away from winning a Super Bowl and we were supposed to believe that he wasn't in the top 64 QBs in a league that still somehow employs Garrett Gilbert and Matt Barkley. 

The only reason he's not playing is because America is overrun by Trump fueled racist fucktards now and the NFL doesn't want to upset them. There's a lot "toxic" about the NFL but Colin Kaepernick is not one of them

Kaepernick to Miami? Open slot now Tannehill has gone and the Dolphins owner has that RISE charity? Also..surely Kaepernick (if we ignore peoples belief that he's toxic) is better pick than the rumored Ryan Fitzpatrick? 6 years younger and if he's a stop gap to drafting a QB in 2020 then your set?

Also lets not forget that the NFL owners settled with Kaepernick which although isn't an admission of guilt is pretty much a big 'Yes of course we blackballed him' because when have the NFL not fought a court case to the death...especially when they thought they could win.

Edited by SquareRootOfSi

52 minutes ago, SquareRootOfSi said:

Was Vontaze Burfict injured this season? Feels like he had a mediocre 2018?

missed 2 games due to injury and had a 4 game suspension for PEDs

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, damsher hatfield said:

Haloti's one of my favorite football guys ever.

He’s a good dude. Our fucking run D tanked without him in 2017 after he got hurt. As you’re well aware he was an aging veteran but still very important to our team. We probably would have been playoff bound if he hadn’t been hurt. 

I feel like the conversation around QBs has become either "he's the worst" or "he's the best", there's little to no acknowledgement of the inbetween that a lot of them fall into. Byproduct of the hyperbolic internet, I guess.

Edited by livid
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, livid said:

I feel like the conversation around QBs has become either "he's the worst" or "he's the best", there's little to no acknowledgement of the inbetween that a lot of them fall into. Byproduct of the hyperbolic internet, I guess.

It's like everything else on the internet. There's no in between about anything. Every single thing is yes/no, black/white, good/bad. 

• Like 3

Reports are coming out saying that the NFL paid less than $10 million to Kaepernick and Eric Reid to settle their cases. 

Maybe Kaepernick didnt have quite that good of a case?

I think the only reason the NFL settled with Kaepernick is because it could have cost more to go to trial (win or lose) than it would have to settle.

Reid had more of a case than Kaepernick. All those `random' drug tests were bs.