2019 NFL Off-Season Thread

RoHitman Reigns

On 30/03/2019 at 09:39, DMN said:

You're about 6 weeks too late to shit on the Raiders for that trade after the off-season they've had.

I mean, let's see the Raiders win some football games before trying to clap back on shit. Them making a couple of good moves don't negate them making a really dumb one not even a year ago. 

1 hour ago, livid said:

I mean, let's see the Raiders win some football games before trying to clap back on shit. Them making a couple of good moves don't negate them making a really dumb one not even a year ago. 

Except it wasn't 'a really dumb one', they got two first round picks for a guy that they didn't believe they'd be able to re-sign. Sure, they could have tagged him, but how does that help a rebuild?

Compare that to Pittsburgh who got fuck all for Le'Veon Bell and Antonio Bryant.

1 hour ago, DMN said:

Except it wasn't 'a really dumb one', they got two first round picks for a guy that they didn't believe they'd be able to re-sign. Sure, they could have tagged him, but how does that help a rebuild?

Compare that to Pittsburgh who got fuck all for Le'Veon Bell and Antonio Bryant.

I suppose but I believe you should do anything you can to keep a generational pass rusher. 

Either way I think it's a bit premature to suggest that they're better off. They actually need to hit on the picks they got before you can start throwing it back at people. 

You don't evaluate a trade based on who they pick, you value it on what they got, and they got two firsts for a guy that wasn't going to come back. No matter how you try and spin that, it's the best move in a bad situation.

Everyone's like 'you just pay him', but he turned down the richest contract for a defender in NFL history, what do you expect Oakland to do? Bad franchise pay out money for a guy who wasn't making a difference on a bad defense. The 2016 fluke year was mostly Carr balling out, although, yes, Mack sealed at least three games with 4th quarter plays, but if you're only going to pay one, it's the QB.

There should be no debate about how well the Raiders handled moving on from players this past off season.  Like DMN said, compare it to how Pittsburgh fared.  Raiders made out about as good as you could possibly hope.

10 hours ago, Lineker said:

Very happy with this pick-up. 

D3O8VUUWAAAjVZn?format=jpg&name=900x900

New Jets unis leaked.  Big meh from me, I actually really like their current uniforms.  These are just super generic.  They should have just gone back to their 90s look if this is the best they could come up with.

There's so debate about whether or not they are legit.  Jets beat writer says they are, Jets player Jamal Adams says they are not.

5 minutes ago, Meacon said:

More Tulane than Oregon. 

Apt Jets comparison. 

• Like 3