2019 NFL Off-Season Thread

RoHitman Reigns

19 hours ago, Meacon said:

I thought I had read that he had joined AA and is currently in anger management sessions. I’ll see if I can find where I read that in the morning. 

If he is sincere about this that makes a big difference to me. It still feels weird that he has another job before even being officially punished for this but if he is really trying to make a change I can't fault him for that

3 minutes ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

If he is sincere about this that makes a big difference to me. It still feels weird that he has another job before even being officially punished for this but if he is really trying to make a change I can't fault him for that

My thought is that he really needed time to show that he was willing to get better. Like I don't doubt substance abuse and domestic violence are many times very closely related, and many times treating substance abuse is the key. I don't doubt that anyone in his situation would look in the mirror and figure out what they need to do to get themselves back on the right track, make themselves a better person, and maybe if they're fortunate get their dream of playing in the NFL back. But it's just that it's been 2 months, and I can't envision any scenario where that's enough time. Especially in a culture that football breeds where accountability is non-existent 99% of the time.

If we had this story break in 2020 that the Browns had signed him, and there had been reports that Hunt had taken the time to go through something like AA I'd have a lot more understanding for why he'd get signed. Instead this just looks like a football team doing football things for football reasons and that really doesn't sit well with me.

• Like 2

• Admin

Antonio Brown has officially requested a trade from the Pittsburgh Steelers, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter on Tuesday:

Former Mississippi State defensive lineman Jeffery Simmons, a projected first-round pick in the NFL draft, suffered a torn ACL in his left knee during training, he confirmed in a tweet:

The NFL combine will be televised on broadcast TV for the first time. ABC will present a two-hour special on March 2 from Indianapolis that will feature drills by quarterbacks and wide receivers. The combine workouts run from March 1-4 and also will be televised by NFL Network. ABC will team with ESPN to televise all three days of the draft, April 25-27 from Nashville, Tennessee.

Was in Vegas this weekend, saw the new Raiders stadium being built.  Can't believe how close it is to the strip, I have no idea what they are going to do for parking.

I never said it was the smart or right thing to be hoping. But, it's the only thing I can figure why they would do it. 

The Broncos fan I work with is really excited about it, telling me that Flacco is a great QB and will work wonders with the Broncos. 

56 minutes ago, Eric Buschenhagen said:

John Elway is a perfect example of why teams should stop hiring its legendary players into front office roles.  You invariably wind up with people having to call for their childhood heroes to be fired.

Yeah, poor Joe Dumars ruined his legacy in Detroit because of bad moves after the Going to Work era. Dude was a beloved figure in Detroit, key part of two titles, built a third but now he’s largely ignored. 

6 hours ago, Meacon said:

Fucking Flacco, really. Go away, John, you drunk.

The conspiracy theory is that Elway got really scared by Manning almost unseating John as the top QB in Broncos history, so now he won't sign or draft anyone who might do that.

I don't know why he's so worried, find me one other sports team that put their best players face on their helmets and built a giant statue at the airport for them...

But, seriously, I know the Raiders suck and all, but Joe Flacco scares me a lot less than the Broncos drafting a QB high. I'll wait to see what the compensation is. If it's more than a 3/4th then it's an overpay. Flacco is good enough for that defense to be competitive, with Lindsey they could make something happen, but it's not a long term solution and Elway is a terrible GM.

Edit: Sorry, correction, I referred to John Elway as the 'best' player in Broncos history, and this is not true. There is no Karl Mecklenburg statue at the Denver airport.

• Haha 1