MLB 2019

The Buscher

44 minutes ago, Eric Buschenhagen said:

Be that as it may, I don't understand how players can be so sensitive about celebrations in 2019.  Instead of throwing a ball at a player who took you deep, you should throw a celebration right back at him after you strike him out next time.

I agree totally. I can't remember his name right now but a pitcher said he didn't mind bat flips as long as he can throw it back in your face and do a little celebration or dance or something if he strikes you out. I think that would be cool if Baseball let the players be a little more demonstrative. I don't want choreographed dances like the NFL but if you hit a big HR or get a big K you should be pumped!

3 hours ago, Eric Buschenhagen said:

So Tim Anderson hits a home run, flips his bat.  Next time at-bat he gets plunked which causes a bench clearing brawl with both him and the pitcher (Brad Keller) getting ejected.  Keller's been appropriately suspended five games.  But Anderson, who frankly did nothing wrong, got suspended for using bad language during the incident.

MLB is a joke.

Chicago White Sox shortstop Tim Anderson was suspended for one game after calling Kansas City Royals pitcher Brad Keller a "weak-ass f---ing [N-word]"

Pretty bad language though.

22 minutes ago, Eric Buschenhagen said:

Fucking hell.  I had a bad feeling about this after he just had two bad outings.

I've been screaming for over a month for the Mets to sign Keuchel, but if Jake is out for the year there's no real point.  If he's out for the year, the season is over.

I'd grab Keuchel and also Gio, if Gio opts out of his Yankee deal

As if having twelve of your 25-man roster on the IL isn't enough, Aaron Judge left today's game with a left oblique injury. He's going to get an MRI. It's bad enough literally half the team is already out, but losing Judge for any period of time is really going to blow. :( 

• Like 1

With Matt Shoemaker out for the year, I'm surprised that the Jays didn't take a run at Gonzalez. Or maybe they did and he just didn't want to pitch in the AL East. I know that's the concern about Dallas Keuchel, is that he won't want to sign a one year deal in the AL East, because if it doesn't work out, it just damages his ability to cash in during the off season.

Start planning the parade... Vlad is coming on Friday!

It's going to be interesting to see what happens with the roster because of that. Someone has to get sent down, and Drury is losing the third base spot. Not that we didn't know that would happen anyways, but knowing something is coming and dealing with it are different beasts. Drury has good positional flexibility, so it should be easy enough for Montoyo to get him into the lineup, but First Base is crowded right now. Drury will still get reps at third when they want to rest Guerrero. Galvis needs to be as much of an every day player as possible. He's easily been our best positional player this season... so I would expect to see Drury mostly floating around the left side of the infield for the rest of the season. He may play some outfield, and he may get time over at first when Smoak gets traded in the summer, but for now, he's a floater.

28 minutes ago, Gabriel said:

Start planning the parade... Vlad is coming on Friday!

It's going to be interesting to see what happens with the roster because of that. Someone has to get sent down, and Drury is losing the third base spot. Not that we didn't know that would happen anyways, but knowing something is coming and dealing with it are different beasts. Drury has good positional flexibility, so it should be easy enough for Montoyo to get him into the lineup, but First Base is crowded right now. Drury will still get reps at third when they want to rest Guerrero. Galvis needs to be as much of an every day player as possible. He's easily been our best positional player this season... so I would expect to see Drury mostly floating around the left side of the infield for the rest of the season. He may play some outfield, and he may get time over at first when Smoak gets traded in the summer, but for now, he's a floater.

Drury can easily become the 2nd baseman. At the very least, he can platoon with Sogard and fill in the corner outfield/third when those guys need a rest. I don't think they'll have much trouble finding him playing time. 

Phillies trying to act like the bad guys last night when they were trying to avoid being swept is laughable to me. Imagine being more mad about your batter who was *almost* hit than the team who's batters you hit three times.

45 minutes ago, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

Well, Vlad's debut was fun.

Hilarious that they were cheering anything he did such as when he got a standing ovation for grounding out and then another one for picking up a foul ground ball. 

Vlad could put gum in his mouth and get a standing ovation right now. Jays fans are just excited that he's finally here. It's been a rough couple of years, but things seem to be turning around. The team is only two games below .500 right now... only 4.5 out of 1st in the AL East and 3 games out of a Wildcard spot. The bats have been picking up and the team is winning right now, so there's definitely hope, especially now that Guerrero is on the roster.

I highly doubt that they can maintain this, especially with the injuries to the pitching staff, but unless you're a fairweather fan, it's a good time to be a Jays fan.

Since their attendance is so low and they have to have extremely low ticket prices, a substantial portion of the Orioles' income comes from the TV rights fees from MASN, and now they just lost a court case that will see them paying an expected $60-70 million to the Nationals.  This effectively turns the Orioles into a bottom five TV market and it's led to some whispers that MLB is hoping they'll end up moving.

Lease isn't up until 2023 so it'll be a while before anything happens but yeesh - baseball not being in Baltimore would feel wrong.