MLB 2019

The Buscher

5 minutes ago, Howdy Cloudy said:

Gimme a link to Joe's stats or a wiki page about him or something already, @Meacon.

Also, one of my cousins played minor league ball for a Braves affiliate in the 90s. Yay.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/h/harvejo01.shtml

He’s still too insignificant to have a Wiki. 😛 He dominated the minors last year, which his dad and I went to a lot of because he played in Trenton and Scranton, both of which are easily accessible from this area.

• Like 2

That Ozuna play is actually the opposite of what I've seen a lot of this year - outfielders making a break for the ball only to realize they need to run another 20 feet back.  Given how good skilled outfielders are at reading the ball off the bat and being able to tell from the crack of the bat how far back they'd need to go - that so many guys are midjudging it would tell me that the ball has once again been juiced.

1 hour ago, Eric Buschenhagen said:

Braves sign Ozzie Albies to a seven-year extension with two club options that could bring the total contract up to nine years, $45 million.  He won't be a free agent until after his age 30 season.

That is completely absurd.  His agent needs to be fired.

That’s atrocious. His agent should be ashamed and the Union should be stepping in when a deal that terrible gets agreed on.

Last night. 8th inning. Bases loaded, 2 outs against a division rival with the heart of the batting order up. Clearly the spot to use your electric All Star closer Edwin Diaz who hasn't pitched in 3 days to go for the 4-out save, right?

Wrong. The Mets brought in Robert Gsellman who has been terrible this year. He immediately issued a 4 pitch walk to tie the game. The Mets ultimately won it and Diaz closed out the 11th inning. But the fact is the game may well have never gotten to that point had they went to their best reliever in the game's biggest moment.

And yet after the game, Mickey Callaway said in no uncertain terms that Diaz is never going to be used for more than 3 outs nor will he come back out to pitch after he's already gone into the dugout.

I can't believe teams use such regressive strategies in 2019.

• Like 1