MLB 2019

The Buscher

The Astros might have something to say about that.

Doesn't matter, though. Whoever goes from the AL is going to lose to the Dodgers, I hope.

If we somehow get a Braves-Yankees World Series, I won't be watching. In fact, if the Braves go at all, I will watching with the sound muted.

I definitely think the Yankees are going the distance.  They've had a comical amount of injuries yet still won 100 games and are in the race for the top seed in the AL.  Royals, Cubs, Astros, and Red Sox in recent years all just gave me the vibe of "this is their year" throughout the course of the season and that's how I feel about the Yankees.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

That’s kind of my thought process. I don’t believe in “teams of destiny” but we’ve had over thirty players on the IL, while still having the best record in the AL and we won two out of three against the Dodgers. Severino coming back last week and looking like himself only added to my confidence. 

2 hours ago, Trent Buschetta said:

I definitely think the Yankees are going the distance.  They've had a comical amount of injuries yet still won 100 games and are in the race for the top seed in the AL.  Royals, Cubs, Astros, and Red Sox in recent years all just gave me the vibe of "this is their year" throughout the course of the season and that's how I feel about the Yankees.

It's an over-inflated 100 wins when you have nearly 40 games against Toronto and Baltimore though. Houston's division has a little more balance to it.

Whatever faint hope the Mets had died at the hand of the Reds today.

Kinda funny that after being 10 games under .500 at the break, they’re gonna end the season finishing around .500 which was predicted for them at the start of the season anyway.

Can only imagine what might’ve been if Edwin Diaz and Jeurys Familia hadn’t cost the team countless games out of the bullpen.

Nats/Brewers Wild Card game all but set.  Nats officially clinched a spot today.  Brewers clinch with a win or whenever the Mets and Cubs each lose their next game, so in all likelihood it'll be all wrapped up by tomorrow or Thursday.  Credit to the Brewers, they lost Yelich yet have gone on an absolute tear since then.

At least the AL Wild Card looks like it could be a 3 team race right down to the final series of the year.  The last day of the regular season isn't as fun if there is nothing at stake for anybody.