MLB 2019

The Buscher

I know what you mean. When the final score for the Cubs game popped up on my phone yesterday I was like :wub: baseball's back :wub:

• Like 1

Kris Bryant tore into MLB's ongoing problem with service time manipulation today, and it was nice to see somebody be so candid about it especially since it's going to happen again this year to Vlad Jr and Eloy Jimenez who clearly appear to be ready.

I was pretty sure it was going to happen to the Mets with Pete Alonso too but now I'm not so sure.  First off there now seems like there will be a need for him if Lowrie can't go by Opening Day (Frazier back to 3B, leaving 1B for Alonso)...but the other thing is Alonso is older than a lot of these other stud prospects.  He's 24, so the service time thing is squabbling over possibly losing him at 30 vs. 31.  Doesn't seem worth it.  And in what is expected to be a tight divisional race you should want to bring your best 25 players north right off the bat.

So I understand why teams always send players back to the home city to get MRIs, because they want the team doctors doing the screenings and assessing the results and don't want anyone else to get that information.

But now I read that Todd Frazier has an oblique strain and is being flown to New York just to get a cortisone shot.  Are there no hospitals in Florida?

Much deserved.  He's an incredible player.

Speaking of huge contracts - the Harper saga gets increasingly hilarious.  The Phillies reportedly upped their offer yet again and they're now believed to be getting closer to $350 million.  And that's with them already being the only team known to have offered him $300 million, and he's had that offer in hand for a month.

Even if he winds up there, it's so clearly obvious that he never wanted to go there.  If they don't win, it'll get ugly real quick.

Blue Jays GM Ross Atkins:  "I just don't see Vlad as a Major League player right now."

Such bullshit.  I know this will never pass, but if it were up to me it would simply be each season in which you're on the big league roster for a day counts as an accrued season.  That's it.  Yes this will continue to dissuade teams from calling up prospects in September, but at least players who are clearly ready will be in the Show on Opening Day like they should be.