The Panel Show thread

K

1 hour ago, JeReindeer said:

I only know Joe and Paul, reckon they'll both do quite well. Will no doubt be surprised by one of the others as always.

Lou is very good. The first and fifth I have no idea about

6 hours ago, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

I don't think I know any of them and that is rather exciting. Some of my favourite contestants have been people I didn't know before the show. 

Oh, actually, I think I've seen Paul on Would I Lie To You. 

One of them is from the Inbetweeners, if you've ever seen that. Paul is mostly known as a quiz host.

I've rewatched every episode of taskmaster over the last fortnight, here are the seasons ranked in order of how good they are:

Series 5 (Aisling Bea, Bob Mortimer, Mark Watson, Nish Kumar, Sally Phillips)
Series 7 (James Acaster, Jessica Knappett, Kerry Godliman, Phil Wang, Rhod Gilbert)
Series 2 (Doc Brown, Joe Wilkinson, Jon Richardson, Katherine Ryan, Richard Osman)
Series 1 (Frank Skinner, Josh Widdicombe, Roisin Conaty, Romesh Ranganathan, Tim Key)
Series 3 (Al Murray, Dave Gorman, Paul Chowdhry, Rob Beckett, Sara Pascoe)
Series 4 (Hugh Dennis, Joe Lycett, Lolly Adefope, Mel Giedroyc, Noel Fielding)
Series 6 (Alice Levine, Asim Chaudhry, Liza Tarbuck, Russell Howard, Tim Vine)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, K said:

I've rewatched every episode of taskmaster over the last fortnight, here are the seasons ranked in order of how good they are:

Series 5 (Aisling Bea, Bob Mortimer, Mark Watson, Nish Kumar, Sally Phillips)
Series 7 (James Acaster, Jessica Knappett, Kerry Godliman, Phil Wang, Rhod Gilbert)
Series 2 (Doc Brown, Joe Wilkinson, Jon Richardson, Katherine Ryan, Richard Osman)
Series 1 (Frank Skinner, Josh Widdicombe, Roisin Conaty, Romesh Ranganathan, Tim Key)
Series 3 (Al Murray, Dave Gorman, Paul Chowdhry, Rob Beckett, Sara Pascoe)
Series 4 (Hugh Dennis, Joe Lycett, Lolly Adefope, Mel Giedroyc, Noel Fielding)
Series 6 (Alice Levine, Asim Chaudhry, Liza Tarbuck, Russell Howard, Tim Vine)

I'd swap 3 and 2 but I otherwise agree.

On the wireless Fighting Talk is a good panel show. It revolves around sport and it has some of this threads favourites like Richard Osman, Josh Widdicombe (he used to host earlier episodes), I think Nish Kumar was on it, Paul Sinha and a whole bunch of other people who are great.

• 2 weeks later...

Forgot to mention that I found a way to watch Taskmaster (thanks @K!)

Predictably, we love it. Joe Wilkinson with the golf potato may have gotten the biggest panel show reaction from me since Bob Mortimer or Kevin Bridges on WILTY.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Yaaaay! We’ve been blasting through TM from the beginning and we’re halfway through Series 7. Good to know we’ll have two more series waiting after that!

Speaking of, I knew I’d love James Acaster on here, but Jessica Knappett has been fucking delightful.