Hot/Controversial/Bad takes

Liam

I'm also one of those people who just prefers sports games now. When I was younger, I was all about games where you'd sink hours and hours into it in one sitting. Now? I love being able to quickly play one or two games of baseball in The Show, then go do something else. It's just a lot harder for me to commit to these giant, expansive games.

8 hours ago, Kaney said:

That was MGSV. The gameplay mechanics are up there with the best in the series, but no David Hayter makes it impossible to get a score above 6/10.

They messed up by having Hayter voice Big Boss in MGS 3 in the first place.

The "perfect" clone Solidus didn't sound like Snake.  Liquid didn't sound like Snake.   So why should Big Boss have the same voice?

Hell, he didn't even sound like Snake when he appears in MGS 4!

They probably thought they couldn't get away with not having him in the game in any capacity. I don't mind him voicing Big Boss as well at all, and I think Keifer Sutherland did a great job tbh but like I said before, it just didn't feel like a MGS game. Hayter probably wouldn't have fixed the Phantom Pain though in fairness. They should have just called it 24 the game >_>

2 hours ago, Liam Mk2 said:

I’m with you on this. It was very good, I only feel that it could have been so much better.

It was fine after they patched it. The game was released unfinished, and they added a third option and added an extra cutscene or two. Before that....it stunk.

• Like 1

Non-combat sports sports games suuuuuuuuuck and the only decent one is the old PS1 Space Jam game.

1 hour ago, Gabriel said:

There hasn't been a good Basketball game since NBA Jam Tournament Edition.

There hasn't been a good Football game since NFL Blitz on the 64.

Marvel Super Heroes: War of the Gems is one of the best non-core fighting games ever.

NFL2K5 topped that easy

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lint said:

They messed up by having Hayter voice Big Boss in MGS 3 in the first place.

The "perfect" clone Solidus didn't sound like Snake.  Liquid didn't sound like Snake.   So why should Big Boss have the same voice?

Hell, he didn't even sound like Snake when he appears in MGS 4!

While never confirmed, it is possible that MGS3 was either a simulation or a fever dream.

On this note though, Keifer did a good job in MGSV. He just had a tough act to follow.

Also, No Mercy wasn't even the best N64 AKI game. Hell, it wasn't even the best WWF AKI game.

1 hour ago, Ruki said:

Blitz The League 1 & 2 were awesome games. There should be more sports games with stories!

Blitz The League sucked so bad on PS2 that if 2 was ever released for the same system, I don't remember it. 

The only PS2 game I ever took back to the store for a trade within a month or two of getting it. 

Oh, another one:

The original Mortal Kombat games weren't really any good. Killer Instinct was way better.

• Like 1