Hot/Controversial/Bad takes

Liam

Streaming games is dumb. You want to record it, fine, whatever, I enjoy a good Let's Play. But I think it's kind of fucked up when there are games, some of which are free, that people will stream and then advertise their Twitch account like [Twitch] BigBoobedBob. Who the fuck is watching that when you can just, I don't know, play the damn game?! "Lol, that guy sux lmao". WELL GET YOUR ASS IN HERE ANS HOW ME HOW IT'S DONE. 

Just....ugh. I've only watched one stream of a game in my life, and it was one a friend was doing, because I was stoned and he asked me to watch (It was some random version of Megaman 2 :shifty: ). 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Barbaro CaverLUKIEo said:

Gameplay is far more important than graphics and I turn the graphics down to the minimum on every game I get.

Yep. 

It irritates me all to hell that with all the expansions the Sims 3 has, it'll send my computer to a grinding a halt just trying to run all of them :( . 

ALSO.......I fucking hate that people seem to have forgotten that the original Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 back in the day was a thing :shifty: . 

8 minutes ago, Barbaro CaverLUKIEo said:

Gameplay is far more important than graphics and I turn the graphics down to the minimum on every game I get.

I agree.

I used to really enjoy Star Wars the Phantom Menace on PS1. Even at the time, the graphics were atrocious but the mechanics were a lot of fun and at the time I was a huge Episode One mark.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Mick said:

Streaming games is dumb. You want to record it, fine, whatever, I enjoy a good Let's Play. But I think it's kind of fucked up when there are games, some of which are free, that people will stream and then advertise their Twitch account like [Twitch] BigBoobedBob. Who the fuck is watching that when you can just, I don't know, play the damn game?! "Lol, that guy sux lmao". WELL GET YOUR ASS IN HERE ANS HOW ME HOW IT'S DONE. 

Just....ugh. I've only watched one stream of a game in my life, and it was one a friend was doing, because I was stoned and he asked me to watch (It was some random version of Megaman 2 :shifty: ). 

I find streams of just one person playing are quite dull, but if I do watch, it's for the streamers' personalities. Namely newlegacyinc, as they're really the only streamers I watch consistently and there's always a group of them.

2 hours ago, Liam Mk2 said:

Final Fantasy games are pretty meh. 

Six is by far the best with Seven being also pretty good... but the rest is really an acquired taste. SMT/Persona is a far superior series anyway.

Anyway...

The Last Of Us was a boring predictable slog for the entirety of events from the timeskip on, I felt ripped off and I got it for free.

No Mercy wasn't that good, even the 2K games are better.

Invisible War was better than the original Deus Ex

Speaking of the OG Deus Ex, Tracer Tong is a complete snake. He gets better in IW.

Raiden does not get better in MGS4. If anything, he's even more whiny and annoying.

QTEs are criminally underrated as a gameplay mechanic and Heavy Rain and Detroit Become Human are proof of this.

City of Heroes (RIP) was the best MMO of all time and World of Warcraft is horribly overrated.

Edward Kenway > Ezio Auditore

No Items, Final Destination is the absolute worst way to play Smash.

7 minutes ago, OctoberRaven said:

Six is by far the best with Seven being also pretty good... but the rest is really an acquired taste. SMT/Persona is a far superior series anyway.

Anyway...

The Last Of Us was a boring predictable slog for the entirety of events from the timeskip on, I felt ripped off and I got it for free.

No Mercy wasn't that good, even the 2K games are better.

Invisible War was better than the original Deus Ex

Speaking of the OG Deus Ex, Tracer Tong is a complete snake. He gets better in IW.

Raiden does not get better in MGS4. If anything, he's even more whiny and annoying.

QTEs are criminally underrated as a gameplay mechanic and Heavy Rain and Detroit Become Human are proof of this.

City of Heroes (RIP) was the best MMO of all time and World of Warcraft is horribly overrated.

Edward Kenway > Ezio Auditore

No Items, Final Destination is the absolute worst way to play Smash.

YES Edward Kenway!

YES QTEs! Heavy Rain and Detroit are two of my all time favourite games. Beyond: Two Souls isn't quite as great but still has amazing moments.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JeReindeer said:

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 has the best soundtrack of licensed music.

I can understand this. The Tony Hawk games often had really great soundtracks. Some of the SvR games had good soundtracks, too.

2 hours ago, Ollie said:

Oh no you didn't. I will fight you.

I knew you would comment on that :D

I played the remaster... I did not enjoy it! The camera is meh, the gameplay loop isn't that exciting, and the controls were pretty weak. The story was also non-existent until you beat the last boss (although, the story part was pretty cool).

Other opinions: Final Fantasy 7 wasn't that good. I much prefer 5/6/8/9 ahead of it. 

RPGs are shit.

Virtually all modern games have control schemes that actively ward off new people from trying video games.

First Person Shooters are shit.

Halo, Destiny, and other space robot shit does nothing for me.

Not nearly enough games are colorful and vibrant.

Too many video games are way too fast these days. Lookin’ at Smash Bros, COD and it’s ilk, and a lot more.

• Like 1

The Sega Genesis (aka the Megadrive for you folks across the pond) was a fucking joke of a system when compared to it's highly esteemed contermpary , the Super Nintendo Entertainment System. 

Games that were made for the Genesis were are fine; they're designed to take advantage of the system by the people that designed it. I don't have any beefs with the likes of Sonic the Hedgehog. The ports for the sytstem, on the other, holy shit. 

Let's take the most classic example. Mortal Kombat, SNES vs Genesis. 

The fanboys all jerked off over the fact that the Sega version had blood (albeit via code), yet ignore that it was simply an awful port of the game, lacking in sounds (no "So and So Wins", "Fatality", etc), it looked like ass, and so on. The SNES version seemed much close to the arcade version, aside from the lack of blood. Enter Mortal Kombat II, when Nintendo finally said fuck it and allowed it to have blood. You don't hear anybody praising the Genesis then, do you? 

And then there's the Street Fighter II port, which sounded like ass. And then the fact that the Genesis had not one but TWO add-ons----you know what, what I'm getting at here is the Genesis was overrated, change my mind. 

3 hours ago, OctoberRaven said:

Best and truest thing said in this thread so far. 

Champions Online had the potential to surpass City of Heroes.....until the devs stopped giving a crap. The game is still running, and hasn't any significant content updates in years.

23 minutes ago, Mick said:

The Sega Genesis (aka the Megadrive for you folks across the pond) was a fucking joke of a system when compared to it's highly esteemed contermpary , the Super Nintendo Entertainment System. 

Games that were made for the Genesis were are fine; they're designed to take advantage of the system by the people that designed it. I don't have any beefs with the likes of Sonic the Hedgehog. The ports for the sytstem, on the other, holy shit. 

Let's take the most classic example. Mortal Kombat, SNES vs Genesis. 

The fanboys all jerked off over the fact that the Sega version had blood (albeit via code), yet ignore that it was simply an awful port of the game, lacking in sounds (no "So and So Wins", "Fatality", etc), it looked like ass, and so on. The SNES version seemed much close to the arcade version, aside from the lack of blood. Enter Mortal Kombat II, when Nintendo finally said fuck it and allowed it to have blood. You don't hear anybody praising the Genesis then, do you? 

And then there's the Street Fighter II port, which sounded like ass. And then the fact that the Genesis had not one but TWO add-ons----you know what, what I'm getting at here is the Genesis was overrated, change my mind. 

Streets of Rage.