Hot/Controversial/Bad takes

Liam

• Every GTA I've played was dogshit
  • Animal Crossing Sucks
  • I've never played a Zelda title because nothing in any trailer, ad or promotional material for it makes it seem at all compelling (the latter half of this is the take)
  • Borderlands was fucking awful
  • Halo was Thoroughly Okay At Best.
  • AOE > C&C > Warcraft > Starcraft. 

I'm sure I have others i've forgotten.

1 hour ago, VerbalPuke said:

Showdown: Legends of Wrestling II is a glitchy mess...but I really liked it.

This is false... because S:LOW was the third Legends of Wrestling.

It had potential though... the AI was waaaaaay too easy and the career mode was just kinda bleh. LOW2 had a better mode.

Also, I may be remembering it, but I think Heenan actually makes an appeal to Jake Roberts to get help in one of his commentary lines in 2.

7 hours ago, Gabriel said:

There hasn't been a good Basketball game since NBA Jam Tournament Edition.

There hasn't been a good Football game since NFL Blitz on the 64.

6 hours ago, Rocky 2K19 said:

NFL2K5 topped that easy

2 hours ago, VerbalPuke said:

Agreed, and NBA Live from 95.

NCAA06. Greatest game, greatest sound track.

SmackDown 4: Bring the Pain is the best wrestling game.

• Like 1

I never liked EA football games.

28 minutes ago, OctoberRaven said:

This is false... because S:LOW was the third Legends of Wrestling.

It had potential though... the AI was waaaaaay too easy and the career mode was just kinda bleh. LOW2 had a better mode.

Also, I may be remembering it, but I think Heenan actually makes an appeal to Jake Roberts to get help in one of his commentary lines in 2.

Oh ok. I mean I don’t remember the exact order but whatever the last one was. I’d play it again.

5 hours ago, OctoberRaven said:

While never confirmed, it is possible that MGS3 was either a simulation or a fever dream.

On this note though, Keifer did a good job in MGSV. He just had a tough act to follow.

Also, No Mercy wasn't even the best N64 AKI game. Hell, it wasn't even the best WWF AKI game.

Wait, what?  I've never heard this before

4 minutes ago, Lint said:

Wait, what?  I've never heard this before

The whole 'Time Paradox' thing, the fact that Big Boss manages to manipulate reality just by his own ignorance (IE gaining battery from eating the biolum mushrooms), as well as things such as the CalorieMate (which didn't even exist at the time).

Also, the lyrics of the theme song, "I'm still in a dream".

It's a personal theory mind, but it would explain a lot.

Dark Souls wouldn't be undermined if it had an easy mode.

Also Bethesda get a free ride for not fixing Skyrim bugs and if a company like Activision Blizzard or EA rereleased a game and didn't fix bugs that have been around for 6 years they'd a lot more shit than Bethesda does.

Also Bethesda should just become a publisher and pay Obsidion to develop all their IP.

9 hours ago, VerbalPuke said:

Showdown: Legends of Wrestling II is a glitchy mess...but I really liked it.

I loved the first Legends of Wrestling, specifically just because you can make your own created wrestlers have really small heads, and some of the other creation tools were quite ahead of the time (like you can draw your own designs and whatnot, stuff that wasn't introduced in WWE games until years later) and it was wonderfully cartoonish.

9 hours ago, Plubby said:
  • Animal Crossing Sucks

this is definitely a controversial take!! I don't know what it is about Animal Crossing, but I really enjoy them, personally. I think they have such a charm to them, and they're a great casual game. This isn't me trying to change your opinion or anything btw, just curious as to why you think that it sucks :(

Dark Souls/Bloodborne isn't hard, you're just not very good at it.

Also that's not a bad thing, it just doesn't have the same tropes that other games have. It doesn't need an easy mode, you just need to learn how to play it first.

(This wasn't aimed directly at Meacon, it's just Meacon made me think of it)

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, LittleDaniel said:

My favorite wrestling game ever is that one for Gamecube where you beat up security guards and fought on a barge in the middle of the ocean.

Wrestlemania XIX! I hated the game at the time, but in retrospect it was BONKERS good. I mean, repetitive, as you were fighting a bunch of nameless thugs - then a boss like William Regal. But all on a barge or the roof of a skyscraper. All the while, swinging on chains and shit.

That idea should be sharpened up and made into a modern title. I’d play the shit out of that.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, caMeron esposiTo Forbes said:

watching video game streams is cool and nice, surprised to find out that's an unpopular opinion!

I enjoy watching them much more than Let's Plays. You get to interact with people you're watching and have a good time.

• Like 1

NBA Live is leagues above NBA2K this year in terms of gameplay and actually offering you modes that don't require a fuck ton of VC. Tons of offline modes, the Ultimate Team doesn't use contracts and it's just all around a breath of fresh air after the stranglehold 'make this game your life' shit that NBA2K has become.

5 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

Give me crazy nonsense in a WWE game over a repetitive, directionless career mode any day.

See, that's another thing I dislike about WWE No Mercy. The career mode is dull. The parts that aren't rehashes of old storylines just lack anything that make them worth playing except to unlock stuff. The only entertaining bits are the way that the role of Big Show is recast as Stevie Richards while still writing the dialogue as it were Big Show.

The game has a moment where Andre The Giant is used as an end boss to and it's just 'You're fighting Andre now'. How do you make a surprise appearance by Andre The Giant boring? No Mercy found a way.