Hot/Controversial/Bad takes

Liam

8 hours ago, metalman said:

So while piracy is immoral, it’s perhaps offset by the immorality of the profiteering and laziness of the games studios who have, through their actions, destroyed the expectation of the consumer that they are operating in a fait and open marketplace. And the resource gap is such that we should absolutely hold larger studios to higher standards.

I will buy games from smaller studios because the price is lower so the risk of being ripped off by a bad game is lower.

9 hours ago, Ruki said:

Except the money goes back into your steam wallet, not your creditcard/PayPal. It's like getting a refund from Walmart, but they give you a Walmart giftcard. It's skeezy.

You can choose to send it back to your PayPal. I've done it multiple times.

Just realise that you have already debated this. But yeah, I'm certain when you request the refund you can choose between wallet and PayPal.

6 hours ago, Liam Mk2 said:

You can choose to send it back to your PayPal. I've done it multiple times.

Just realise that you have already debated this. But yeah, I'm certain when you request the refund you can choose between wallet and PayPal.

Hmm.... Then I must be doing something wrong

Besides the Virtual Boy, I think the Nintendo 64 was Nintendo's worst system. I've never liked the controller, the cartridges made multiplatform development a nightmare and the Playstation had a far greater quantity of good games. It wasn't awful by any means, but it's aged poorly.

I'm also influenced by someone I knew at school who used to rant on and on about how the N64 was a god-like machine while every single game on the Playstation was tripe only used by only people who weren't clever enough to play Nintendo games.

Honestly the N64 to me was successful despite the design choices. The PS had a strong library to be sure but N64's library wasn't too shabby either.

That being said Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon and Ogre Battle could have been sooooooo much better on the PS. Hybrid Heaven too, probably.

I want to get into online play so bad, but every game I try players are either way too good for me to stand a chance or they’re just assholes who are there solely to fuck up your experience (*coughRedDeadcoughcough*.)

If I had players I already knew to play with, I might feel differently.

7 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

Besides the Virtual Boy, I think the Nintendo 64 was Nintendo's worst system. I've never liked the controller, the cartridges made multiplatform development a nightmare and the Playstation had a far greater quantity of good games. It wasn't awful by any means, but it's aged poorly.

I'm also influenced by someone I knew at school who used to rant on and on about how the N64 was a god-like machine while every single game on the Playstation was tripe only used by only people who weren't clever enough to play Nintendo games.

I feel that the PS had a bigger library due to the ease with which you could make games on it. This meant it had more good games, but a hell of a lot more bad games.

Just now, Liam said:

I feel that the PS had a bigger library due to the ease with which you could make games on it. This meant it had more good games, but a hell of a lot more bad games.

That's true, but I think it's a decisive factor. I'm not saying the N64 had no positive qualities, but the Playstation had a huge advantage when it came to third-party support. If Nintendo had opted for disc-based games, things could have been very different. 

8 hours ago, Josh to the World said:

I want to get into online play so bad, but every game I try players are either way too good for me to stand a chance or they’re just assholes who are there solely to fuck up your experience (*coughRedDeadcoughcough*.)

If I had players I already knew to play with, I might feel differently.

The three posses I play with are all very similar in play style. We’re there to make money and gain XP. Anyone interfere with that or any of us (even if they’re not currently in the posse) we will go hunt them. We don’t interfere with other players missions. And I forgot where I was heading...

add me on PSN (iAmRockyFeller) and join in on me if you see me playing, which is almost always when I’m home. If there’s room, I could try get you in with us for some grinding or I could break away and help you grind myself. (I’m only level 45 so I’m not exactly great).

WCW vs. The World would have been an all-time great wrestling game if it had more than just singles matches. 

As it stands, it was still pretty good for its time. I mean it probably plays slow,simplistic, and looks a bit rough now but I had fun with it. Great roster even if it was sort of odd to only have a handful of WCW guys. I still loved using the guys of NJPW, AJPW, FMW, and the other two. They had fake names but that was definitely Stan Hansen I was fucking people up with. 

To its credit there was a tournament, round robin, and create a belt mode. All they needed was a tag and battle royal.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, VerbalPuke said:

WCW vs. The World would have been an all-time great wrestling game if it had more than just singles matches. 

As it stands, it was still pretty good for its time. I mean it probably plays slow,simplistic, and looks a bit rough now but I had fun with it. Great roster even if it was sort of odd to only have a handful of WCW guys. I still loved using the guys of NJPW, AJPW, FMW, and the other two. They had fake names but that was definitely Stan Hansen I was fucking people up with. 

To its credit there was a tournament, round robin, and create a belt mode. All they needed was a tag and battle royal.

Which is why I love, and still play to this day, WCW/NWO Revenge. It had the deeper WCW roster, tag matches, "title mode", and the 60-man battle royal. My friends and I use to play for hours just doing the 60-man battle royals.

11 minutes ago, Meacon said:

Which is why I love, and still play to this day, WCW/NWO Revenge. It had the deeper WCW roster, tag matches, "title mode", and the 60-man battle royal. My friends and I use to play for hours just doing the 60-man battle royals.

Even as recently as a month ago I threw this on and had a rumble just autoplay in the background while I was doing other things. Still enjoyable. DDP won.

22 minutes ago, Meacon said:

Oh yeah, fantastic game. I actually enjoy it more than No Mercy, probably the memories of that game is why.