Apex Legends

probablyoliver

50 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Season 1 starts tomorrow, it comes with a new character and the battlepass.

Can you explain what a battlepass is? I know a lot of F2P games have them, but not sure what the heck they are. 

1 minute ago, RPS said:

Can you explain what a battlepass is? I know a lot of F2P games have them, but not sure what the heck they are. 

I had to ask this the other day at work - and from my understanding it's a system put into place to track your progress throughout the 'season' by completing challenges, getting XP and all that jazz. I think the general idea is that it rewards you with bonuses and skins, stuff like that - and if it works like Fortnite does there'll be a free tier and then one that you can purchase (or earn) that comes with more opportunities.

Right, and even if you don't get the battle pass first thing and you progress leveling through the season, if you buy the battle pass later on, you get rewards retroactively. So for instance if you do the first 20 levels of season 1 without the battle pass and then buy it, you'll get the 1-20 battle pass rewards.

Here's a short breakdown of the Apex Legends battle pass from Drybear, formerly of Hi-Rez Studios (Smite):

I'm really enjoying this game, to the point that I can easily sink 2-3 hours into it and not really realize it. I don't know what it is about this battle royale that's different than PUBG or Fortnite or any other battle royale, but it's just so much fun. Even when I'm playing with randoms, the ping system is amazing for spotting loot/enemies/etc etc. 

I just really wish my PC could handle it, because I really would prefer playing on PC to playing on Xbox One but I've already sunk so much time into my XB1 character that I can't imagine abandoning her (I main Wraith, predictably - and sometimes Lifeline and Bangalore). 

• 2 weeks later...

I kind of like this game. I'm not that great at fps games, but I've given this one a try(hard to beat free).

I've played it a total of 3 hours, and just had my best game. My team finished in 4th place. Normally my team is the first to die.

• 9 months later...