My latest short film

Jimmy

We've put our latest short film 'V' online today! I know a lot lovely people from the board supported the film and made it happen, for which I'm super thankful. The film premiered at the BFI London Film Festival and had a successful festival run, which saw us pick up a few awards. Here it is, would love for you guys to have a watch! 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JMarushin said:

Awesome job, cool movie! I appreciated the Dance Dance Revolution scene lol

Hahaha, that's the best comment we've had so far! Thanks man! 

46 minutes ago, Kaney said:

Should have had her playing pro clubs against the dragons.

Wouldn't wanna show the world us losing 7-0. 

• Sad 1

Amazing!

Half-formed thoughts on the story:

As I watched it I felt like I was seeing this inversion of the supernatural romance trope for a kickoff. With vampires already working as this story about sexual desire and I suppose in this case could be seen as sexual assault? Maybe some online grooming going on there too. There was a lot packed into those 10 mins and some wonderful little details.

The actress was phenomenal. The film was taking it's time to get where it needed and her performance helped that so much.

Got a slight Neon Demon vibe off it. But that might have just been the shot of her sitting on the bathroom floor.

Beautifully shot too. I particularly liked the stuff where she was walking around at night, particularly walking under the bridge. That wide shot with the truck going overhead was cool as hell.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Hobo said:

Amazing!

Half-formed thoughts on the story:

Hide contents

As I watched it I felt like I was seeing this inversion of the supernatural romance trope for a kickoff. With vampires already working as this story about sexual desire and I suppose in this case could be seen as sexual assault? Maybe some online grooming going on there too. There was a lot packed into those 10 mins and some wonderful little details.

The actress was phenomenal. The film was taking it's time to get where it needed and her performance helped that so much.

Got a slight Neon Demon vibe off it. But that might have just been the shot of her sitting on the bathroom floor.

Beautifully shot too. I particularly liked the stuff where she was walking around at night, particularly walking under the bridge. That wide shot with the truck going overhead was cool as hell.

Thanks so much for the detailed thoughts, so nice to see stuff like this. 

Yeah, you totally got what we were going for. And very thankful to have worked with such a talented actress and cinematographer. That truck going past is just one of those lucky things you can't plan, it's just a beautiful stroke of luck that we loved. 

Cheers for taking the time to watch! 

• Like 1

Watching the first few minutes "Haha!  Oh this is like What We Do In The Shadows!"

Watching last few minutes "Oh...oh no its not.."

I'm not a film maker like @Hobo so I can't comment on the film making aspects like he can.

I did like as it went on, you felt the burden becoming a vampire weighed on her.  Not being able to visit her mom in the hospital or go to the funeral had a big impact on her.  I felt sorry for her.  I was confused when she quickly looked back in the brightly lit tunnel, but then when I saw how she became a vampire, it made sense.  She might be a powerful, immortal being, but she's also a victim, and she always feels like a victim.  I went from laughing the first few minutes to really feeling sympathy for her at the end

My biggest complaint, as an American, is there were some points her accent was too thick for me to understand.  All things considered, thats a very minor quibble in an otherwise great short

• Like 1

On 21/02/2019 at 09:48, Lint said:

Watching the first few minutes "Haha!  Oh this is like What We Do In The Shadows!"

Watching last few minutes "Oh...oh no its not.."

I'm not a film maker like @Hobo so I can't comment on the film making aspects like he can.

Reveal hidden contents

My biggest complaint, as an American, is there were some points her accent was too thick for me to understand.  All things considered, thats a very minor quibble in an otherwise great short

Thanks for the lovely comments mate! Yeah, we're actually looking into putting subtitles on that video. It was intentional though, she talks real fast, cos it's not all about what she's saying, we just wanted her to represent a normal teenage girl & a lot of em talk fast. 

Also, woo, we got a Vimeo staff pick, which has taken us from 3,000 views to 23,000 in 36 hours! 

• Like 3