Do people still rent video games?

VerbalPuke

My cousin still has a Gamefly subscription. Has had it since like 2010 or 2011. He usually blitzes through what games he gets pretty fast, and only if he really, really likes it will he go out and buy the title.

I'm the same. I want to take my time and get the most I can out of a game, but my cousin's m.o. is to blitz through and finish it as fast as possible and move on to the next one. I like to explore, find easter eggs, do as many side missions as I can, etc. etc.

Choices, my rental place of choice (pardon the pun), closed about a decade ago and I haven't seen another rental shop since. They used to rent out video games in a local library, too, but then they relocated and stopped doing that as well, so I don't really have the option, but I used to do it on a weekly basis when I couldn't actually afford to buy any.

We still have a few rental places in the area but games rentals stopped being a thing somewhere in the early-mid PS3 lifespan.

I mean they still kept the old stock around, until the last 2 years, when they started selling it but no new games for years.

I tend to put it in the night before and let it run over night so that I can play it the next day. I hate that the storage on my PS4 isn't really that big because I tend to play multiple games (mostly sports games interspersed with story games) and I hate that I have to delete some to play others.

2 hours ago, Eric Buschenhagen said:

Yeah, one year for Christmas I got a 1 TB external drive just for that reason, only problem is if I want to move stuff from the console to external storage it takes approximately seven years to transfer.

I replaced the HDD in my PS4 with a 1TB drive.  I later wound up getting a 2TB external drive also.  HD games, plus patches, are fucking huge