TEW16 Real World Update: March 2019

Here is the update for March, no major changes this month, I have added a closed All Elite Wrestling due to repeated requests, they won't be active until they run shows though. Other than that it's mostly been the typical updates and changes for the month, there have been some new workers added (full list HERE), but nothing much beyond that. There is probably stuff I've missed so just post it in the thread and I'll fix it for next month.

Enjoy

Database: March 2019
Graphics: March 2019
Workers: January 2019

Graphics DLC: DLC 1 (October 2017)
Graphics DLC contains loading screens and pictures of non wrestlers cut on the same background used for workers.

TEW Mods by TheWho87 are now on Discord

Frequently Asked Questions

Why is [Promotion] closed when they are active?
Due to how slow the game runs with more promotions active, I have included active promotions but have them closed, to identify these they have their opening date and closed date the same. To activate the promotion simply remove the closed date. They may also have their titles histories included, if they do you need to go into "Title Lineages" and remove their most recent record (identified with a "= -" or "= - #" before their record name). You can then activate the title (all closed promotions titles are retired) and then set the champion if they are under contract.

Helpful Guidelines

Spoiler

Tag Experience Level To Matches
None: F- / 0-20
Low: E / 20-49
Medium: D+ / 50-69
Good: C / 70-99
Maximum: A* / 100+

Stamina Stat To Match Length
41-53% = 10m Max
53-65% = 15m Max
65-77% = 34m Max
77-89% = 49m Max
89-100% - upto 88m

Popularity Levels (Based on general all region percentages)
0-19% = Unknown
20-39% = Regional Level
40-57% = Regional Star
58-62% = Recognisable
63-69% = Well Known
70-77% = Draw
78-84% = Star
85-92% = Huge Star
93-100% = Icon

Personality Templates

Spoiler

Class Act (Positive)
- Compassionate
- Dependable
- Driven
- Humble
- Loyal
- Optimistic
- Social

Class Act (Positive)
- Dependable
- Extremely Loyal
- Social

Egomaniac Star (Extremly Negative)
- Bold
- Dependable
- Extremely Driven
- Extremely Egotistical
- Extremely Manipulative
- Mercenary
- Ruthless
- Selfish

Free Spirit (Positive)
- Compassionate
- Extremely Flaky
- Extremely Liberal
- Extremely Social
- Hesitant
- Humble
- Loyal
- Naive
- Optimistic

Grizzled Veteran
- Antisocial
- Conservative
- Dependable
- Pessimistic

Jerk (Very Negative)
- Bold
- Driven
- Egotistical
- Manipulative
- Mercenary
- Ruthless
- Selfish

Master Politician
- Driven
- Egotistical
- Extremely Dependable
- Extremely Manipulative
- Ruthless
- Selfish
- Social

Normal
- Bold
- Egotistical
- Mercenary
- Ruthless
- Selfish
- Social

Party Animal (Positive)
- Bold
- Extremely Social
- Flaky
- Hesitant
- Liberal
- Optimistic

Rookie (Positive)
- Compassionate
- Dependable
- Extremely Naive
- Generous
- Hesitant
- Humble
- Loyal
- Optimistic
- Social
- Timid

How to Install a Mod and Picture Packs in TEW 2016

Spoiler

• Like 1

• Lineker pinned and featured this topic

thanks for the update.

- add mma fighter (other genre) to syuri

The following is a list of Japanese female wrestlers that, according to cagematch and joshi city, are retired or their last recorded match was 2 or more years ago. Change their status from active to retired wrestler.

Spoiler

Ai Shimizu
Aika Ando
Akane Miura
Aoi Kizuki
Aoi Yagami
Asami Hisato
Aya Yuki
Benten Musume
Chikage Kiba
Eri Susa
Eri Wakamatsu
ERINA
Gab Gabriel Gabuko
Haruka Matsuo
KANNA
Kaori Kanamura
Keiko Aono
Koguma
Koyuki Hayashi
Mai Ichii
Meiko Tanaka
Mika Iida
MIZUHO
Moon Mizuki
Nana Kawasa
Neko Nitta
Nonoko
Rabbit Miu
Rika Miyama
Sawako Shimono
Senri Kuroki
Yua Hayashi
Yuka

- I don't know how exactly the young lions system in TEW works but I don't think women like Arisa Nakajima, Kagetsu, Makoto, Mayu Iwatani are considered young lions. All of them have a lot of experience, were part big matches for their companies and have won more than one championship. I don't know what needs to be changed for them to not be considered a young lion, but I think it should be changed.

On 03/03/2019 at 08:10, No1Thuganomic said:

thanks for the update.

- add mma fighter (other genre) to syuri

The following is a list of Japanese female wrestlers that, according to cagematch and joshi city, are retired or their last recorded match was 2 or more years ago. Change their status from active to retired wrestler.

Reveal hidden contents

Ai Shimizu
Aika Ando
Akane Miura
Aoi Kizuki
Aoi Yagami
Asami Hisato
Aya Yuki
Benten Musume
Chikage Kiba
Eri Susa
Eri Wakamatsu
ERINA
Gab Gabriel Gabuko
Haruka Matsuo
KANNA
Kaori Kanamura
Keiko Aono
Koguma
Koyuki Hayashi
Mai Ichii
Meiko Tanaka
Mika Iida
MIZUHO
Moon Mizuki
Nana Kawasa
Neko Nitta
Nonoko
Rabbit Miu
Rika Miyama
Sawako Shimono
Senri Kuroki
Yua Hayashi
Yuka

- I don't know how exactly the young lions system in TEW works but I don't think women like Arisa Nakajima, Kagetsu, Makoto, Mayu Iwatani are considered young lions. All of them have a lot of experience, were part big matches for their companies and have won more than one championship. I don't know what needs to be changed for them to not be considered a young lion, but I think it should be changed.

It is the respect stat.

This GDS post has the information.

Spoiler

In a recent interview, Rob Van Dam stated that he will not sign a written deal anywhere from here on out. Set RVD to Freelancer.

WWE announced new signings to the PC:

Rob Eckos (Robbie E)

Stokely Hathaway (Remove from MLW...could keep him on the EVOLVE deal but I'm not entirely sure if he's still going to be working those shows)

Cal Bloom (son of Wayne Bloom) *Needs to be added to the database*

Chelsea Green broke her wrist during last night's NXT TV tapings and had surgery this morning. Don't know yet how long she'll be out but I guess we'll know in time for the April update.

WWE
Turn Dana Brooke face. Change gimmick to Equality Fighter (Wholesome)
Turn Dean Ambrose Face. Unless something changes between now and the update, I'd put him at about 1 month left on his contract.
Harper returned recently as a face on the house show circuit. That could change so you might want to leave him a heel but I'd suggest putting him Face.
I'd set Kane to "On Hiatus" for now. I know he comes back once in awhile but he hasn't been around recently.
Turn Ronda Rousey Heel
Add Rowan as a manager for Daniel Bryan
Turn Shane McMahon heel
Move Shelton Benjamin to Raw
Turn Lana and Rusev heel
Turn The Miz face
Turn Triple H Face

Make Ziggler & McIntyre inactive as a team
Make all three SHIELD teams inactive
Make The Deleter Of Worlds Inactive
Make The Bludgeon Brothers Inactive
Make Brian Kendrick & Jack Gallagher Inactive
Gable & Benjamin should be Inactive
English & Rusev should be inactive
Make Owens & Zayn Inactive

Add Rusev & Shinsuke Nakamura as a tag team - Low Experience
Add Roode & Gable as a tag team - Low Experience

Remove Triple H's starting injury as he's wrestling at Mania
I'd also reduce Sami Zayn and Fandango's starting injuries. I'm pretty sure Sami is actually pretty close to returning. I'd be surprised if he wasn't there around Mania time. I mean I'd reduce everyone by at least a month but certainly those two for sure.

Possible Raw & Smackdown spoilers

Spoiler

Lashley is the IC Champion
Samoa Joe is US Champion

While I can see an argument for John Cena still being the Figurehead, I'd almost put Reigns in that spot now.
Aleister Black and Ricochet should be on the main roster, create a tag team for them. Low Experience

NXT
Cezar Bononi should be a face and teamed with Adrian Jaoude
Shane Thorne should be heel
The Velveteen Dream should be a heel. He gets cheers but he's supposed to be a heel
Tommaso Ciampa is injured. I'd put him out for about 12 months with a cervical spine injury
The NXT Title should be vacant

NXT UK
Dave Mastiff should be face
Joseph Connors should be heel. Change gimmick to either Psycho or Crazy
Nina Samuels should be heel. Change gimmick to Old School Heel
Saxon Huxley should be a heel. Change gimmick to Weirdo (Gimmicky)
Travis Banks should be a face
Radzi Chinyanganya needs to be added to the roster as an interviewer. I suck at stats so hopefully someone can help with that
Sid Scala should also be added to the roster as an authority figure. Again, I don't really have stats.
Fabian Aichner & Marcel Barthel should be added as team under the European Union name.
Mark Coffey & Wolfgang should be a tag team known as Gallus

I'm pretty sure Impact needs quite a bit of work as well. I don't know enough about it to give you a good idea yet but I might watch a couple shows over the next couple weeks and try to give a bit of an update on that one as well.

Yes, but I don't show an option for a Stable in NXT. If there is one then they should definitely be a stable that includes Coffey, but if not then they should be a tag team with Mark and Wolfgang as they're the ones who team together the most.

On 16/03/2019 at 22:48, The Fork Horsemen said:

Move Shelton Benjamin to Raw

I'd hold off on this, he's still on SmackDown on the WWE website and I feel like his match on Raw may have just been a special one-off appearance.

Impact suggestions
I don't read spoilers for future tapings so this is only as of last Friday's episode.

Add a tag team between Fallah Bahh and KM in Impact.  They are probably best done as a fun babyface tag team.

Add a tag team called the Desi Hit Squad for Hakim Zane and Gama Singh's son Raj.  I'm not sure who Raj is in the database (Gama Singh Jr?), but these are the only two members of the Desi Hit Squad.  Probably all of the other Indian born wrestlers should be released.  Also, I presume Gama Singh Jr and Gama Singh need a relationship added.

I'm curious if Hakim Zane should be Black or Indian for his race?  Is he a mixed race?

Add Glenn Gilberti as a roster member, heel, with maybe a misogynist gimmick.

Katarina is a heel.

Jordynne Grace is a babyface.

Ethan Page is a heel.

Remove Homicide and Shawn Hernandez, Grado, Kongo Kong, Stone Rockwell, Taiji Ishimori, from Impact. (I don't do twitch at all so maybe some of them still participate in that?  I know Rockwell had a show or something on there).  Keep Caleb Konley and Petey Williams on your watch list.  They haven't been active in a while.

Moose is a heel with a very cocky, rich smug gimmick.

Add Reno Scum to the roster, especially if they work the next set of tapings in Windsor.

Eli Drake is trending on tweener and attempting a babyface tag team with Eddie Edwards.  It could just be a set up for the two to face off at the next PPV in April.

Add Willie Mack to Impact and add a tag team with Rich Swann

Allie is a heel with a mysterious gimmick.

Dezmond Xavier should be renamed Dez in Impact, Trey Miguel should be renamed Trey in Impact, and Zachary Wentz should be renamed Wentz.  All three should be stoner gimmick with a stable called The Rascalz.  They are all babyfaces.

Possible Impact spoilers

Spoiler

Johnny Impact and Taya Valkyrie both turned heel on the last episode of Impact

LAX (Santana and Ortiz attacked Pentagon and Fenix after their latest match and removed their masks.  It's not 100% clear, but they should be heel now.  Konnan seems to be siding with them, so target him as a heel too.

I disagree about Velveteen Dream being a heel.

If you look at his matches on Cagematch, he routinely teams with the likes of Ricochet, Aleister Black and and Matt Riddle (all faces) against the Undisputed Era and Tomasso Ciampa (all heels). He's clearly booked as a babyface.

He's actually more of a tweener but TEW doesn't actually have that option. Yes, he has teamed up with them but he's also been against Ricochet and looks to be heading into a feud with Matt Riddle, who is a face as well. He kind of goes both ways to be honest. For those who would be continuing real life storylines, game mechanics would suggest setting him to a heel would be best.

Remove Allie from Impact and add her to AEW (if it's in). Reported her contract expired with Impact last year and decided not to renew one, AEW announced she would be wrestling for them during Road to Double or Nothing. 

Edited by Gambit2016

18 hours ago, swoop said:

Thanks for the update.  This is the first time I have played TEW in years.  Just some title history I noticed is missing, Bret Hart's second Intercontinental title reign as well as the British bulldog's from 1992 are missing.

Well this would have been nice to know sooner, oh well guess it's my bad anyway for missing it.

On the plus side it allowed me to go back and add in the televised defense, gives me a better appreciation for Randy Savage as IC champ, 43 televised defences in one run.

Edited by TheWho87

On 17/03/2019 at 20:05, KJE said:

Remove Homicide and Shawn Hernandez, Grado, Kongo Kong, Stone Rockwell, Taiji Ishimori, from Impact. (I don't do twitch at all so maybe some of them still participate in that?  I know Rockwell had a show or something on there).  Keep Caleb Konley and Petey Williams on your watch list.  They haven't been active in a while.

I've just read Petey is wrestling at the Wkndsor tapings. Who knows on the others but they are still listed on the website so maybe keep them on. The website even acknowledges that Kong hasn't been seen in a while.