MLS 2019

Szumi

Season kicks off tomorrow!

Galaxy just cut Gio Dos Santos to make themselves compliant. Fire just signed Nico Gaitan as well. Pity Martinez is set to be the new star of MLS probably, and Philly are pinning hopes on a perennially injured and unfit Marco Fabian to win us our first playoff game a decade in!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

Toronto's gonna be bad aren't they?

They should be, but they could easily be a playoff team. Don't take beating us in Philly as any positive sign. We're a constant fucking disaster, haven't won a playoff game in 10 years in the league. MLS is ridiculous and 7 teams in a 12 team conference qualify for the playoffs, so it's possible TFC squeeze in. At the end of the day, you have a competent keeper, a CB pairing in Moor and Mavinga and Ciman that are good when fit, a very good CM in Bradley when motivated, an elite MLS scorer in Jozy when healthy, and a capable supporting cast in Osorio, Delgado, and De Leon.

Really, you just have to find 5 teams worse than yours. Cincinnati will definitely be one of those, and probably New England as well, and Orlando too. That leaves 2 more teams to miss out out of, likely, TFC, Philly, NYCFC, Montreal, and Chicago. Atlanta and NYRB you can count on to be the top two in the East, and DC and the Crew are sure bets for the playoffs too, imo.

• Like 2

Michael Bradley scored twice. TWICE.

Philadelphia kind of got screwed by the ref a few times, but we also had Osorio miss a penalty so it kind of evens out. I thought the Union were better than the 3-1 score lets on.

Tbf, that penalty was never a penalty either. Hand ball for hitting the fucking scapula.

TFC just made a huge addition in signing Pozeulo from Genk. He's been the best player in the Belgian League. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Sooooo... this may turn out to be false but rumors are going down that Beckham's sold his stake in Inter Miami CF.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@Meacon did you go to the playoff match?

Sunday was the most fun I've probably ever had at a soccer match. I was in the supporters section for the match, so 6 of the 7 goals were right in front of me. The energy and atmosphere as Philly came back to tie it up, almost win in stoppage time, and then get the winner right in front of us... That was just incredible. It's just great to see, after 10 years of nothingness with this franchise, we FINALLY got a playoff win, and a stadium that's finally getting packed and loud.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, It's Pronounced Zoom-E said:

@Meacon did you go to the playoff match?

Sunday was the most fun I've probably ever had at a soccer match. I was in the supporters section for the match, so 6 of the 7 goals were right in front of me. The energy and atmosphere as Philly came back to tie it up, almost win in stoppage time, and then get the winner right in front of us... That was just incredible. It's just great to see, after 10 years of nothingness with this franchise, we FINALLY got a playoff win, and a stadium that's finally getting packed and loud.

I didn’t. I had to watch it from home. My wife was away on business, so I was home with my girls but you could feel the electricity from the stadium. It was one of the most entertaining matches I’ve ever seen from start to finish.

• Like 2

KINGS OF THE WEST

so unbelievably happy. It's been an amazingly weird Sounders season but here we are in MLS Cup for the third time in four years and qualified for the CCL again. Hoping Toronto pulls it off tomorrow so I can attend my first MLS Cup.

• Like 4

So happy for you to get to go to a Cup Final @GoGo Yubari ! I was thrilled just getting to go to, and see, Union win their first playoff game this season. I can't even imagine what the Final feels like! 

TFC definitely should not have won that game. They will definitely have Gonzalez back for the finals, and Altidore will definitely be a difference maker. But I definitely think your overall strength of play gets you another Championship. Lodeiro will run and play right past Bradley, and Ruidiaz is just too good right now.