OOTP XX

Draevyn

Yeah I can’t quite remember. I did the 1969 year once a few years ago since there were four expansion teams that year. I think I started in 1968 and took the Pilots job as soon as it was an option though. 

But thinking about it, I believe Forky is right. It’ll start you right before spring training and have you do the expansion draft immediately.

You can probably start like November 1st of the year before they become active and then it should schedule the expansion draft during the off-season period

His Madison Bucks have only managed to get him one World Series title, and only only World Series appearance.  This is despite having the wonderfully named and exceedingly popular King Kelly on his team, who is an offensive force.  He is also almost always the top all star vote getter. He’s second in all time wins, I believe he’s about 30 wins behind the guy in first but he’s 4 years younger, so it’s just a matter of time.

I traded up and drafted Tim Lincecum instead of Noodles.  Tim has had a fine career, but has never won the soon to be named Noodles award.  He does have 4 World Series titles.   Possibly with more on the way because my Baltimore Blackbirds have just recently traded up to draft Walter Johnson, who is about the best rated pitcher I’ve seen since Noodles.

Edited by Maxx
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Noodles just ended the 1936 season with 300 wins even.  Meanwhile Walter Johnson went 33-1.

Nolan Arenado is a massive choke artist in this timeline.  His batting average dips below .230 every time he gets to the World Series 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lowerdeck said:

The online league I'm in, I won the World Series as Arizona two seasons ago.  I've already qualified for the playoffs on this season.  Second best record in the league right now, only problem is the Giants are a half game ahead of me.

How many people are in your league?

47 minutes ago, Meacon say “Hi People!” said:

How many people are in your league?

All but the Giants are claimed at the moment.

The manager of the Giants resigned at the end of last year (2035).  They tried to get a replacement around the start of 2036 but it didn't work out.  It's been on AI most of the season.

The commish will open them up after the WS.

On 28/03/2020 at 10:41, Maxx said:

10 for n00dz

I imagine pretty much every general manager meeting, you get like five or six teams who want your noodz.

Noodles retired at 35, the first 300 game winner in USBL history.  320-177 with a career 2.75 era, 10 pitcher of the year awards, 4 league MVPs and two World Series titles.  Hats off to Noodles

• Like 5

I went 100-62 in the regular season.  I pushed for the NL West title in the last series, starting my three best pitchers - but ended up one game behind the Giants.  Then I lost the Wild Card game 19-3, as my 4 and 5 starters got rocked.

If anyone wants to manage the Giants, let me know and I'll forward along some info.

Hmm had a weird bug last night where the incoming rookie class was very old.  Aaron Judge was in it, at age 38.  Some of the half star players were age 64.

Really hoping that’s not a recurring bug, because it’s going to be very annoying to have to manually fix every year 

• 4 months later...

The level of detail with this game (well, 21) always finds a new way to surprise me.

In my last amateur draft, I took a pitcher out of the Naval Academy. He wasn't anything special, but he seemed like a ballplayer that would provide decent depth in my lower league teams. Long story short, I go to my IL a few months later and he's on there for military service. The game realized he was a Naval officer and that he'd have to serve his four years of service before he can show up to my camp. It's little things like that that really just adds fun elements of realism. 

• Like 3

On 22/08/2020 at 00:37, Mr. Meacon Moneybags said:

The level of detail with this game (well, 21) always finds a new way to surprise me.

In my last amateur draft, I took a pitcher out of the Naval Academy. He wasn't anything special, but he seemed like a ballplayer that would provide decent depth in my lower league teams. Long story short, I go to my IL a few months later and he's on there for military service. The game realized he was a Naval officer and that he'd have to serve his four years of service before he can show up to my camp. It's little things like that that really just adds fun elements of realism. 

Here's hoping he'll improve his arm when he's 500 nm out to sea.

• 3 weeks later...

Just missed the playoffs as the Blue Jays in 2002 after going 100-62. The Yankees are the wildcard at 101-61 and the Red Sox won the division at 102-60. I took over the team in '97, where we won 87 and missed the playoffs but we had won the division 1998-2001. Still. Winning 100 games and not getting a shot at the title hurts. 

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Damn you Meac. Now I went and bought it and began my usual watcher game.

I dunno but there's potential for a sports comedy film where a desperate 1985 Orioles hire a 13 year old with tangential at best knowledge of the game to run the show :shifty:

• Like 1

I took over the Blue Jays in '97 at the ripe age of 12. :lol:

I'm up to 2018. We've won six championships in those twenty years. I got Carlos Delgado into the Hall of Fame. And Shannon Stewart has been darn close the last couple of years. I've missed the playoffs only twice; my first year and the year we went 100-62 and still finished third in the East.

• Like 2