Mobile Games

Draevyn

What are your thoughts on mobile gaming? Things like phone games and that kind of stuff. It seems to be the way the world is heading now and for me, I really don't like it. Activision/Blizzard are sinking so much of their money and resources into mobile games now that it's putting other games of theirs in jeopardy. I'm not sure this is a change that I'm going to be able to embrace. How about you?

Some mobile games are wonderful!

Go play Florence or Bury Me, My Love or A Normal Lost Phone.

I agree that most of the platform is predatory and bad, but there's some hidden gems that deserve to be played and use the mobile aspect in incredibly intuitive and interesting ways. If you're willing to wade through the bullshit, it's a worthwhile platform.

I always have Bejeweled or Tetris on my phone, but that's about it. It's probably because I'm in my 30s, but I'd much rather experience games on a console or PC where I can a big screen and great sound, instead of the small screen and tiny speakers on my cell phone.

I have played a bunch on my android phone and iPad - I think there are some that do gaming very well - on my ipad I love the Kairosoft games, Star Realms is a totally fun deckbuilding game, Lost Portal is another of those, Pro Football Manager and OOTP are awesome sports simulators - on my phone I have angry birds for casual fun, booking revolution to scratch the wrestling itch sometimes (and emulators shhhh)

But like the Diablo game holds no interest to me and I really don't like Freemium games at all. I'd rather pay for a good experience then have to keep funnelling money into something.

I play Clash of Clans and have been every day for something like four years.

I've also played Marvel's Contest of Champions but am not currently active.

I mainly like games that I can hop on for a few minutes here and there, usually don't have to have my sound on, and don't have to take super serious. 

I play WWE Supercard and Pokémon Go daily and Contest of Champions when I've got time, then I have a variety of games like Cooking Dash, Real Racing 3, Adventure Capitalist, Marvel Strike Force and WWE Champions to fill in more time. Then I have International Cricket Captain and New Star Soccer for playing when I don't want any time pressures.

So yes, I play a lot of mobile games, probably more than I play my consoles because I can watch TV and play them at the same time.

3 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

I play WWE Supercard and Pokémon Go daily and Contest of Champions when I've got time, then I have a variety of games like Cooking Dash, Real Racing 3, Adventure Capitalist, Marvel Strike Force and WWE Champions to fill in more time. Then I have International Cricket Captain and New Star Soccer for playing when I don't want any time pressures.

So yes, I play a lot of mobile games, probably more than I play my consoles because I can watch TV and play them at the same time.

oh man yessss New Star Soccer is awesome too!

I like mobile games just for something to do when I'm bored, I just have nothing on the go at the moment.  I'm kind of sick of games where I need to do something every day.  I sunk a lot of time into I think it was called Tower of Heroes.  You do almost nothing but it was kind of fun to not have to really play the game.

4 minutes ago, Azazel said:

I'm kind of sick of games where I need to do something every day.  I sunk a lot of time into I think it was called Tower of Heroes.  You do almost nothing but it was kind of fun to not have to really play the game.

The only time-sink game I downloaded out of curiosity/fondness of the theme was Star Trek Fleet Command.

Two months later I forced myself to delete it. It's just not worth the compulsive attention.

(Thankfully I didn't spend real money on its micro-transactions. That was/is always a red line with these games for me.)

I've spent money here and there on a few games. I think I spent $20 on Clash of Clans once. Usually just five bucks but it's very rarely I'll do it more than once every few months.

The people that spend hundreds of dollars every day just to play the game are crazy.

I've tried Clash of Clans but I never could really get into it, and my friend tried to get me into Hearthstone which is a deck building type game, but with the extensiveness and constant updates to that game you can easily get outdated and outplayed just because you're not glued to the game like others, so it was kinda disappointing to say the least. I've tried management simulators and life simulators for the heck of it like Life Simulator and just recently, BitLife. MMA Manager and Movie Mogul I've also done but these are all games that once you beat them, have little to no replay value. New Star Soccer was a fun game to play as well, until again you beat it but that game was definitely fun!

Honestly the only games I play now are PubG on occasion with friends, OSRS, Risk with the wife and friends (we'll cast it onto the TV though, so I guess in a way it's not truly mobile lol), and WSOP whenever I have the itch for gambling haha (not real money of course). Even OSRS I prefer playing on the PC then the mobile though.

I play Pokemon Go every day and have done since I started losing weight last summer. 

Other than that, I have FMM on my tablet but haven't sat down to play a proper game on this years version yet, but that'll definitely change during my flight to Vegas in May.

24 minutes ago, Baddar said:

I play Pokemon Go every day and have done since I started losing weight last summer. 

Other than that, I have FMM on my tablet but haven't sat down to play a proper game on this years version yet, but that'll definitely change during my flight to Vegas in May.

Is it weird that while I know very little about soccer, I'm really contemplating buying FMM just for the pure sake of how much I enjoy management simulators? Lol!

• Like 2

Just now, Neil_1113 said:

Is it weird that while I know very little about soccer, I'm really contemplating buying FMM just for the pure sake of how much I enjoy management simulators? Lol!

For the price and the pick up and play nature of the FMM series, I'd say it's a decent place to start. If you enjoy it, you could play the FM series on PC.

37 minutes ago, Neil_1113 said:

Someone, somewhere posted a link to a guy that picked up a version of FM. He had absolutely no idea about football but was a massive American football fan and tried to play it using AM tactics... and it kind worked, I think.

19 minutes ago, MDK said:

Someone, somewhere posted a link to a guy that picked up a version of FM. He had absolutely no idea about football but was a massive American football fan and tried to play it using AM tactics... and it kind worked, I think.

That's really interesting. I mean the concepts of sports, offense and defense, and trying to gather points for your side while stopping the opposing side, I mean it could translate well between sports but in that same regard, I'm definitely curious about those tactics lol

3 minutes ago, Neil_1113 said:

That's really interesting. I mean the concepts of sports, offense and defense, and trying to gather points for your side while stopping the opposing side, I mean it could translate well between sports but in that same regard, I'm definitely curious about those tactics lol

I found it! It was bookmarked in a different browser.

https://community.sigames.com/topic/405066-american-football/