Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines 2

OctoberRaven

ALL THE FUCKING HYPE

29 minutes ago, Ruki said:

I went to a VtM LARP for two months. It was boring.

This won't be anything like that. VTMB 1 is a classic American RPG and is pretty much a measuring stick for the genre, and the head writer of that game is doing the sequel.

The only way they can be more hype is if John DiMaggio comes back to play Smiling Jack.

Consider me hyped, strongly anticipate Taliesin from Critical Role is camping outside the casting directors office as we speak.

For bonus hype, with how well Paradox linked all their historical grand strategy games I for one am hoping for a Bloodlines expansion to Crusader Kings. Link in with the way the patrician and societies work it could be possible. It's so unlikely in practice that it should avoid any disappointment. Given how awesome the first one was despite it being a buggy mess though I think this could be amazing.

It'd be interesting, especially if it's internally compatible with the other bizarre scenario mods, so you can have Sabbat Aztec Horses.

11 hours ago, Gazz said:

Unless I can assassinate children, no buys.

Paradox has promised full mod support, so you never know.

But in base game... probably not. Official White Wolf stuff tended to shy away from children in settings, with the one specific sourcebook in New WOD. Children vampires are mentioned in the background of at least second edition Vampire: The Requiem, but more in a 'this doesn't happen anymore and this is why' way. Arguably for the best, given the way vampire feeding works in the setting.

• 4 years later...

This game officially still exists. The Chinese Room, known primarily for Dear Esther and Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, has taken over development.

The trailer above shows a bit of combat gameplay, which is all well and good, but it's the RPG mechanics, writing and world design that will determine if this is a worthy sequel.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

It looks fine? But less cool than what they showed off years ago. Looks like a knock-off Dishonored. I'll play it eventually I think... I just love RPGs in near-modern times.