Stephen King

IDOL

Stand By Me and Shawhshank Redemption are great reads, and easy as they're both pretty short. You can find them both in the book "Different Seasons" which also has the Apt Pupil. 

I like Stephen King a lot. I don't love everything of his, but he's pretty great. Stand By Me is probably my favorite of his movies, it's fucking beautiful. Great read also, sorta fleshes things out a bit more than the movie. Same goes for Shawshank. 

And I fucking adore the Children of the Corn movie. I think it was panned pretty bad by critics, but I loved it, didn't really care for the 623 sequels that followed. 

11 hours ago, Maxx said:

His son is better

I will have to give him another shot, but I couldn't get through NOS4A2, which someone recommended. Didn't even make it halfway through. I'd say I gave up roughly 35 to 40% in.

Its easy to forget, because they changed the name. The story it was based off of is Cycle of the Werewolf.

`Salem's Lot hasn't aged too well, either. And I like to forget they made that sequel Return To `Salem's Lot. I saw it years after it came out, and was severely disappointed. Not at all worth the wait. In fact, I recommend skipping it and forgetting it exists. Adds nothing to the story.

34 minutes ago, Meacon said:

It’s corny, but young Meacon also loved the movie version of “Sometimes They Come Back”.

It bothers me that I can't seem to track that down. Streaming sites have had the sequels up in the past, but never the original.

I quite enjoyed Salem's Lot, but figure it could do with a remake.

I agree about Cat's Eye, Cloudy.

I wish King and Romero had done another Creepshow. There is a Creepshow 3, but neither was involved. I didn't know it existed until recently (was made in 2006, released in 2007), haven't seen it, and don't believe that I want to. I looked it up on Wikipedia, and don't believe I've ever heard of any of the cast.

Any opinions one way or the other on Maximum Overdrive? King thinks its the worst adaptation of his work (maybe why its the only movie he ever directed?), but I think some of the tv adaptations were worse. 

*edited to add, since Gabriel and I posted about the same time* I'd love to see a remake of Salem's Lot...provided its a theatrical release. As I've said plenty of times, most tv adaptations of King's work have stunk.

Edited by GhostMachine

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/04/2019 at 15:26, GhostMachine said:

I agree about Cat's Eye, Cloudy.

I wish King and Romero had done another Creepshow. There is a Creepshow 3, but neither was involved. I didn't know it existed until recently (was made in 2006, released in 2007), haven't seen it, and don't believe that I want to. I looked it up on Wikipedia, and don't believe I've ever heard of any of the cast.

Any opinions one way or the other on Maximum Overdrive? King thinks its the worst adaptation of his work (maybe why its the only movie he ever directed?), but I think some of the tv adaptations were worse. 

*edited to add, since Gabriel and I posted about the same time* I'd love to see a remake of Salem's Lot...provided its a theatrical release. As I've said plenty of times, most tv adaptations of King's work have stunk.

The first two Creepshows were great, also forgot those were King. 

There was a Stephen King marathon last weekend and I forgot how awful Pet Semetary 2 was. But...I like it, it was bad but I liked it.

• 1 month later...