Mortal Kombat 11

Gabriel

Anybody been playing this?

I picked it up on release day because I was hosting an MK11 Tournament to celebrate the new game. Since then, I've been plowing my way through story mode. It's insane how much I love the stories from Mortal Kombat 9 through 11. They are so cinematic and well done. If they can't figure out how to get a live action reboot off the ground, I would be totally down for a CG Film franchise. There's so much cool lore to explore.

Netherrealm keeps improving on their fighter releases too. Between this and Injustice, every new game builds off of the last one, taking what worked, fixing or changing what didn't. I haven't had too much time to explore the gear system, but I set up my own variant for Shao Kahn that is just absolutely bad ass.

• Like 1

I picked it up on launch day and blasted through the story mode in an evening but after seeing what it was going to take to unlock everything combined with the randomness of it all (and it was customization that I was most interested in, as I love that feature from Injustice 2) so I brought it back the next day... fun game and all, but I can pretty much just go back to Mortal Kombat X to get that fix.

it's in my backlog and I'll probably wait for the DLC to drop but I have seen the fatalities and they are hilarious.

Is the Krypt worth it? Are there cool things like COOKING WITH SCORPION or just a bunch of concept art?

24 minutes ago, apsham said:

I picked it up on launch day and blasted through the story mode in an evening but after seeing what it was going to take to unlock everything combined with the randomness of it all (and it was customization that I was most interested in, as I love that feature from Injustice 2) so I brought it back the next day... fun game and all, but I can pretty much just go back to Mortal Kombat X to get that fix.

How did you manage to defeat Kronika at the end of story mode? You can throw it in spoilers or DM me, but I'd love to know. I keep getting close, but can't put her away.

As far as the Krypt goes, it's pretty cool to explore and unlock things, but it's a grind in itself and pretty annoying after a bit.

I have every intention of getting this back to EB Games and swapping it out for a PSN card and Nintendo eShop card if I can make it back within my satisfaction guarantee timeframe... if they still do that... but I wanted to at least wrap the story before I take it back. The plan is to pick it up digitally when the game and DLC go on sale together at a later date, but if I'm more or less forced to trade it in and not get full value back, I'll probably hold onto the disc. I have enough friends who've been bugging me to play online, and the customization is solid as hell, so I'm sure I'll get a lot of use out of it... I just really wanted to be able to pick up Turok on Switch and keep some PSN dollars available for when they fix MLB The Show or something else catches my attention.

24 minutes ago, Gabriel said:

How did you manage to defeat Kronika at the end of story mode? You can throw it in spoilers or DM me, but I'd love to know. I keep getting close, but can't put her away.

As far as the Krypt goes, it's pretty cool to explore and unlock things, but it's a grind in itself and pretty annoying after a bit.

I have every intention of getting this back to EB Games and swapping it out for a PSN card and Nintendo eShop card if I can make it back within my satisfaction guarantee timeframe... if they still do that... but I wanted to at least wrap the story before I take it back. The plan is to pick it up digitally when the game and DLC go on sale together at a later date, but if I'm more or less forced to trade it in and not get full value back, I'll probably hold onto the disc. I have enough friends who've been bugging me to play online, and the customization is solid as hell, so I'm sure I'll get a lot of use out of it... I just really wanted to be able to pick up Turok on Switch and keep some PSN dollars available for when they fix MLB The Show or something else catches my attention.

Nothing all that special - you have to focus on doing stuff that can't be enhanced and/or extended because she can't take throws or anything of the sort. I wasn't playing on that hard of a difficulty either as at some point - I just wanted to see the end of the story.

But yeah... in the end, it's a pretty great game that is just another example of design that teeters towards "games as a service" and I can't play one thing for too long... just don't have the attention for it. Highly recommend people give it a try when they can though. At some point they'll probably put out a Komplete edition.

30 minutes ago, OctoberRaven said:

it's in my backlog and I'll probably wait for the DLC to drop but I have seen the fatalities and they are hilarious.

Is the Krypt worth it? Are there cool things like COOKING WITH SCORPION or just a bunch of concept art?

It's a bit all over the place. Exploring it is kinda fun since they let you actually move around it and stuff - but the randomness of it is kinda meh, especially when you have to collect new fatalities, costume parts and stuff like that at essentially random.

Edited by apsham

Yea, Ronda is def the weakest part of the game... easily. 

But the game is fantastic. Easily my favorite in the series. The character models look fantastic and the mechanics of the game is very easy to use. I've thoroughly enjoyed playing it and, just like MK X I can forsee playing it for years to come. 

I wouldn't have noticed a thing about Ronda's acting without people pointing out it's her. She did fine.

Story mode spoiler

Spoiler

The death of Hanzo and Babyface turn of Klassic Scorpion seemed pretty pointless and a bit of a waste. A redeemed, living Scorpion is still a realitivly fresh take on the character with the undead revenant being the character we've had since the 90s up until MK X. There's no reason the two couldn't go on being separate characters like Sub Zero and Noob if people were that desperate for their Klassic fix.

• Like 1

Something cool that I noticed about the Krypt, is that it seems to spawn you at the first breakable item/casket to open, instead of just right at the very beginning every time. It's helped me out a bit in the sense that, when I spawn in the Krypt, I know that I need to look around the area, even if I think I cleared it already, to find whatever it was that I missed.

I preferred Injustice 2's way of gear/loot drops to be honest, but I'm enjoying the game.

Loads of wrestling references as usual for NeatherRealm, Sonya being the obvious one with loads of Ronda references for her skins and gear. Bad Reputation is my favourite.

Also, can anyone explain how I walked through the story mode on Medium with no problems, but can't win a damn thing in Towers on Medium?

14 hours ago, =BK= said:

I wouldn't have noticed a thing about Ronda's acting without people pointing out it's her. She did fine.

Story mode spoiler

Hide contents

The death of Hanzo and Babyface turn of Klassic Scorpion seemed pretty pointless and a bit of a waste. A redeemed, living Scorpion is still a realitivly fresh take on the character with the undead revenant being the character we've had since the 90s up until MK X. There's no reason the two couldn't go on being separate characters like Sub Zero and Noob if people were that desperate for their Klassic fix.

Spoiler

I don't disagree with you ..... But also, it won't matter regardless. The ending of the game pretty much reset the entire universe in a new timeline, and aside from Lui Kang (and Kitana?) beings Gods now..... everything else is blank slate for them to start from. 

1 hour ago, Chris2K said:

I preferred Injustice 2's way of gear/loot drops to be honest, but I'm enjoying the game.

Loads of wrestling references as usual for NeatherRealm, Sonya being the obvious one with loads of Ronda references for her skins and gear. Bad Reputation is my favourite.

Also, can anyone explain how I walked through the story mode on Medium with no problems, but can't win a damn thing in Towers on Medium?

If you're talking about the Towers of Time specifically, they are patching it to make it less difficult soon. There have been complaints from players about that. I noticed it myself. The only real challenge for me in the Story Mode was Kronika. Beyond that, it seemed a little too easy at times, but I'm not playing Story Mode for the challenge, I'm playing for the story.

I haven't tried the Klassic Towers yet, but I will today or tomorrow and compare them to the Towers of Time difficulty.

• Like 1

Is there any crossover DLC rumored? The Jason and Predator DLC were my favorite parts of the last game.

Ash Ketchum's fatality is going to be hardcore.

So, the Towers of Time ARE significantly more difficult than the regular towers. The MK team gifted players a bunch of koins, hearts and souls as an apology and stated that they are working on patching that now. You can claim your gift in your Notifications.

I just spent a good half hour just bombing through the Krypt to open up as much as I could with what they sent me.

• Like 1

Yeah I've done as much as I can with the Krypt as well with the apology rewards. The update patch file says it fixes the towers issue but I haven't tried yet.

I know I'm not the best player but suffering a flawless defeat to Scorpion yesterday seemed excessive. Watching an AI dominate you with constant unbreakable combos is a surefire way to dent your confidence.