Mortal Kombat 11

Gabriel

3 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

Yeah I've done as much as I can with the Krypt as well with the apology rewards. The update patch file says it fixes the towers issue but I haven't tried yet.

I know I'm not the best player but suffering a flawless defeat to Scorpion yesterday seemed excessive. Watching an AI dominate you with constant unbreakable combos is a surefire way to dent your confidence.

Were you in the Towers of Time for that fight?

21 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

Yeah it was just a tower with one boss level, Scorpion, on what I was told was Medium difficulty.

It was not any Medium difficulty I've seen before.

This. The Medium difficulty, I was battling Raiden (also one step above the boss) and it was ungodly. I'm also not great or anything, but that felt like I was battling on Expert level. It was one combo after an other after an other. I could barely get any hits in... Plud, add in the Rain Bubbles..... it was impossible. 

I wish I'd known about the AI fighter option beforehand, it just blitzes through almost every battle in a tower whilst you do something else and has no issue with the harder opponents in more difficult towers so the rewards are much easier to get.

So in some intro dialogue Bi-Han geets offended at being called a revenant and calls himself a Wraith instead. The fuck is the difference?

There's a line draw between Wraiths/Revenants and I think the discussion comes mostly down to how they were created. Scorpion and Bi-Han died and their souls went to the Neathrealm where they were reconstructed as wraiths - and the others had their souls captured, and they were turned to revenants then and there.

Wraiths still have their own will. They're usually manipulated into their roles. Revenants are enslaved souls that are specifically used to do the bidding of their master. In the case of Mortal Kombat 10, it's Shinook's bidding they do. After he dies at the end of that one though, they remain the way they were, but serve no master and are free to do as they wish, though they maintain the evil-ness that they were given as Revenants. Shinook wiped the good from their souls when he enslaved and created them, and thus, they only wish to act on the side of evil, despite being free from the shackles of Shinook's oppression.

On 01/05/2019 at 16:35, Gabriel said:

Wraiths still have their own will. They're usually manipulated into their roles. Revenants are enslaved souls that are specifically used to do the bidding of their master. In the case of Mortal Kombat 10, it's Shinook's bidding they do. After he dies at the end of that one though, they remain the way they were, but serve no master and are free to do as they wish, though they maintain the evil-ness that they were given as Revenants. Shinook wiped the good from their souls when he enslaved and created them, and thus, they only wish to act on the side of evil, despite being free from the shackles of Shinook's oppression.

I mean technically, Shinnok doesn't die.... Beheaded yes, but not dead. So that could explain why they're still evil / trapped as Revenants. 

Are The Predator and Xenomorph in X the fist use of space aliens in MK?

• 2 weeks later...

The dream for me is for them to release a new Klassic style MK game between 11 and 12 but I really, really just want Trilogy released on modern consoles with fixed up AI. 

3 hours ago, =BK= said:

The dream for me is for them to release a new Klassic style MK game between 11 and 12 but I really, really just want Trilogy released on modern consoles with fixed up AI. 

Funny you mention that, because the original three games were supposedly in development as remasters. I believe it's still supposed to be in development with upgraded graphics and some other tweaks.

• 2 weeks later...

You know, sometimes I end up watching clips of MK 9 in lore videos and maaaaaan that game is hard to look at.

MK-9-Story-Mode-sonya-blade-22090368-640

Everybody looks stupid.

I watched the MK9 story as a refresher and the female characters were over-sexualised to the point of it being uncomfortable, with the pinnacle being Mileena fighting in just a bandage. Not bandages, just one bandage covering the most vital areas. Thankfully everyone is a bit more realistic from MKX onwards.