Sonic The Hedgehog

Ruki

That looked dreadful but for some reason Jim Carrey with the whole Dr Robotnik moustache at the end was the best bit. Is Sonic an alien now? Does that make more or less sense than just....a hedgehog? I don't know what the audience for this is going to be.

Me. It'll be me, alone in the theater, because Jim Carrey is going to turn this trainwreck of a movie into a glorious, amazing trainwreck. It's like how I only watch Tank Girl for the performance from Malcolm McDowell.

• Like 3

Probably shouldn't have human teeth either, but I don't care about that. The uni-eye makes Sonic look way better than the finished product - apparently the SEGA people had major concerns about the design of the character but the studio loved it, so they won out in the end.

That looks dreadful.  James Marsdens face is almost reading "How did I fall this far?"  and Jim Carey seems like he's doing an impression of someone doing a Jim Carey impression

• Like 1

19 hours ago, apsham said:

I think all they needed to do to make Sonic look normal was make it a uni-eye.

SONICEYESFIXEDPic1.png

Regardless, I think that all the blowup over this is a bit much for what this movie is.

I feel we should rasta-fy him by 10% or so.

• Haha 1

It looks fucking terrible, and at least a decade out of date. Which is pretty in line with Sonic as a franchise, really.

I saw all the Tweets and jokes about it and figured, "how bad could it be?", and it's even worse. I thought it would be a trainwreck, but it's not even that, it's so paint-by-numbers lazy kids movie wrapped in dated '90s "Attitude". It's fucking dull. Jim Carrey's performance just made me shake my head, because it's Jim Carrey doing the schtick that had got old twenty years ago and that, by and large, he hasn't done since. I don't understand how this movie is happening in 2019.

• Like 1