Sign in to follow this  
Ruki

Sonic The Hedgehog

Huh.

At least Jim Carry looks like he'll be fun!

• Sad 1

Thanks, I hate it.

• Like 9

As a Sonic fan from literally the earliest point I can remember... I now vow to eradicate he hedgehog as a species.

• Like 2

Gangsta's Paradise was a really strange choice of soundtrack. 

• Like 5

Why does he have human teeth?

The inconsistencies with his speed just in the trailer is very bad. Let's try this again another way.

That looked dreadful but for some reason Jim Carrey with the whole Dr Robotnik moustache at the end was the best bit. Is Sonic an alien now? Does that make more or less sense than just....a hedgehog? I don't know what the audience for this is going to be.

Me. It'll be me, alone in the theater, because Jim Carrey is going to turn this trainwreck of a movie into a glorious, amazing trainwreck. It's like how I only watch Tank Girl for the performance from Malcolm McDowell.

• Like 3

I both hate everything about this movie that is Sonic and love everything that is Carrey/Robotnik. But only in the trainwreck "well it's Jim Carrey being Jim Carrey" way.

Fucking hell.

I think all they needed to do to make Sonic look normal was make it a uni-eye.

SONICEYESFIXEDPic1.png

Regardless, I think that all the blowup over this is a bit much for what this movie is.

• Like 4

Probably shouldn't have human teeth either, but I don't care about that. The uni-eye makes Sonic look way better than the finished product - apparently the SEGA people had major concerns about the design of the character but the studio loved it, so they won out in the end.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

That looks dreadful.  James Marsdens face is almost reading "How did I fall this far?"  and Jim Carey seems like he's doing an impression of someone doing a Jim Carey impression

• Like 1

19 hours ago, apsham said:

I think all they needed to do to make Sonic look normal was make it a uni-eye.

SONICEYESFIXEDPic1.png

Regardless, I think that all the blowup over this is a bit much for what this movie is.

I feel we should rasta-fy him by 10% or so.

• Haha 1

I hope his planet needs him and he leaves immediately.

It looks fucking terrible, and at least a decade out of date. Which is pretty in line with Sonic as a franchise, really.

I saw all the Tweets and jokes about it and figured, "how bad could it be?", and it's even worse. I thought it would be a trainwreck, but it's not even that, it's so paint-by-numbers lazy kids movie wrapped in dated '90s "Attitude". It's fucking dull. Jim Carrey's performance just made me shake my head, because it's Jim Carrey doing the schtick that had got old twenty years ago and that, by and large, he hasn't done since. I don't understand how this movie is happening in 2019.

• Like 1

They just needed to make Sonic hotter, the cowards!

On 30/04/2019 at 18:20, Kaney said:

That looked dreadful but for some reason Jim Carrey with the whole Dr Robotnik moustache at the end was the best bit. Is Sonic an alien now? Does that make more or less sense than just....a hedgehog? I don't know what the audience for this is going to be.

Most of the TV shows and comics and stuff aren't set on Earth, they're on a talking animal planet called Mobius, so Sonic has kind of always been an alien.

I don't know why they didn't just make him more cartoony, he looks freaky as hell, and the "humour" is so 70-year-old-executive-trying-to-seem-cool. The whole thing just looks horrific.

An artist for game developer Sucker Punch reworked Sonic to make him look less creepy, and it looks so much better

D5aghA6UYAAp0gP.jpg

Looks to me like a guy turned up to a mascot audition at his local football club.