Non-Final Fantasy RPG thread

Liam

I seem to remember creating this before, so maybe on an old iteration of the board.

Here is where any RPG that isn't particularly big enough to earn itself a topic of its own can be discussed.

This is primarily (at least initially) for me to ask if anyone has played The Last Remnant or Resonance of Fate? Either the original versions or their PS4 counterparts.

Yes, I played some of Last Remnant on the PC and some of Resonance of Fate on the 360; enjoyed both but never got super far in either - not for lack of interest, but just life

4 hours ago, Liam said:

I seem to remember creating this before, so maybe on an old iteration of the board.

Here is where any RPG that isn't particularly big enough to earn itself a topic of its own can be discussed.

This is primarily (at least initially) for me to ask if anyone has played The Last Remnant or Resonance of Fate? Either the original versions or their PS4 counterparts.

I played that back when it came out. I remember being super confused by everything!

Also, the best RPG in recent years is Octopath Traveler. If you have a Switch, get it! And it's coming out on PC in a few months!

I also picked up Xenoblade Chronicals 2 not too long ago. No idea what that's about, but I've heard good things. 

I'm in the final chapter of Ys: Lacrimosa of Dana. Has been by far the best RPG I've played in a while. Stranded on a desert island, you spend a decent whack of time finding survivors. A bit different from your average RPG.

I played The Last Remnant on PC.

I recommend the Persona series, though i've only played 3 and 4.

The Xenosaga series was quite good, even though they changed the combat system for each game and changed a character from a magical girl to an archer. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, GhostMachine said:

I played The Last Remnant on PC.

I recommend the Persona series, though i've only played 3 and 4.

The Xenosaga series was quite good, even though they changed the combat system for each game and changed a character from a magical girl to an archer. 

One of my favorite series! 5 is amazing!

7 hours ago, JMarushin said:

Somebody tell me they have played the Suikoden series before...please

I have. Got I and II on the PS Vita and had another one on the PS2.

Big fan of the Persona series from 3 to 5.

Looking to get a switch soon so I can play Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Octopus Traveler.

Right now I'm currently playing Dark Souls Remastered for the first time. Not sure if I like it or not yet.

• Like 1

Everyone in here should play The Legend of Dragoon.