Summer Transfer Window 2019

Lineker

8 minutes ago, Jericode said:

If I don't read it I can pretend he's staying.

*Tabloids witter away about a deal being close*

Jericode: "It's just a little gossip! It's still good! It's still good!"

*BBC etc. claim that deal has been agreed*

Jericode: "It's just a little news piece! It's still good! It's still good!"

*Hazard literally gets on a plane to Madrid*

Jericode: "He's just a little airborne! It's still good! It's still-"

Me: "He's gone."

Jericode: "I know." :crying: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Could Chelsea in theory, still sign say Higuain if there was a pre-agreement when he signed on loan that if Chelsea wanted to make it permanent they would pay such and such? 

Could be a blessing in disguise for some of the fringe players/youth players in having a chance to shine. 

I expect an appeal to CAS and possible delay till the winter window

• Admin

Full write-up:

Chelsea’s appeal to Fifa against the imposition of a two-window transfer ban has been rejected, meaning that the club will take their case to the court of arbitration for sport (Cas) in the hope of having the sanction reduced or overturned.

Chelsea will also seek an interim ruling at Cas to ask for their ban to be frozen while the final appeal is heard – which, if it is granted, could allow them to sign players this summer. The Fifa appeals body had insisted that the punishment begin in the summer, even though Chelsea’s appeal was in train – much to the club’s amazement.

Chelsea were found to have broken a host of rules regarding their dealings with under-18 players from foreign countries over a number of years; they were charged with 92 breaches of article 19 alone – the most serious offence – and found guilty of 29 of those cases.

Fifa’s disciplinary committee handed down the two-window ban in February and Chelsea immediately announced their intention to appeal to the governing body. It always felt as though that appeal would be doomed to failure – and they would have a better chance of winning concessions at Cas – and that has proved to be the case.

Fifa did, however, announce a small adjustment to the original punishment. Chelsea’s ban will not cover the registration of minors under the age of 16 who do not fall under the scope of article 19 – in other words, players from the United Kingdom.

Fifa’s basic rule is that clubs cannot bring in players under 18 from other countries, unless their parents have emigrated for reasons not connected to football or both the player and club are based within 50km of a national border. Under article 19, the only other exception is for transfers within either the European Union or European Economic Area where the player is aged between 16 and 18. Chelsea’s fine of 600,000 Swiss francs (£453,000) stands.

“The club is very disappointed that the transfer ban of two consecutive registration periods was not overturned,” Chelsea said in a statement. “Chelsea FC categorically refutes the findings of the Fifa appeal committee. It acted in accordance with the relevant regulations and will appeal the decision to the court of arbitration for sport.”

Chelsea felt that they were treated unfairly by the Fifa appeals committee when their request to freeze the ban, pending the completion of their appeal, was rejected. They pointed to leeway granted to Barcelona, Real Madrid and Atlético Madrid, who had all successfully delayed bans by appealing, and suggested the governing body was guilty of double standards.

Fifa had clearly moved to prevent clubs emulating their counterparts in Spain by seeking tactical delays to the process in order to buy new players in anticipation of a ban yet it also believed new cases would be heard far more swiftly than in the past.

Chelsea said in February they were “astonished” by Fifa’s decision not to suspend the sanction pending completion of the appeal process. They added: “So far as the club is aware, in all previous cases where a registration ban has been imposed by Fifa, a decision has also been made to suspend the sanction until the appeal process has been completed. In this case, Chelsea considers that it is being treated inconsistently in comparison with other European clubs.”

Chelsea maintain that they acted in accordance with the relevant regulations. The club have always said that the majority of the cases involved short-term trialists at their academy, who did not go on to sign. They argued there is no law against trying out under-18 international players, that it is common practice across Europe and, as such, they believed these cases ought not to have been included in the final judgment.

4 hours ago, DavidMarrio said:

Could Chelsea in theory, still sign say Higuain if there was a pre-agreement when he signed on loan that if Chelsea wanted to make it permanent they would pay such and such? 

Could be a blessing in disguise for some of the fringe players/youth players in having a chance to shine. 

I expect an appeal to CAS and possible delay till the winter window

I'd rather not tbh. Keep Giroud around and don't bother sending Batshuayi or Abraham out on loan for the umpteenth time. I'm sure one of the three can develop something resembling form long enough to keep us challenging for Europe until the ban ends. Giroud is at least a better fit than Higuain and the other two would hopefully want to prove a point that they actually belong in the team after being shipped out year on year.

I am confused as to why Sarri hasn't started Giroud more. He's the perfect sort of player for Hazard to play off, even Hazard himself has said so many times. I don't think there are many, if any better strikers in Europe at holding the ball up as Giroud is. 

I think, when Chelsea first got this ban, it was stressed that they would be able to either extend the loans they have already or sign pre-agreed permanent deals, so that would apply to Higuain and Kovacic. I might be wrong but I'm sure there was a detailed article explaining it on BBC.

Ajax next season is just going to be Daley Blind and a bunch of twelve year olds. Though on the flipside, they will have more money than Amazon.

On 10/05/2019 at 01:07, Lineker said:

Sky sources: Manchester Utd are close to agreeing a deal to sign Swansea winger Daniel James for £15m.

Interesting one, that. 

Would much rather be looking to buy potential this summer, with young and hungry players wanting to fight for a place in the team.

7 hours ago, Baddar said:

Interesting one, that. 

Would much rather be looking to buy potential this summer, with young and hungry players wanting to fight for a place in the team.

agreed, better than spending £50mil+ on martial who cant even be bothered to warm up 🙄

https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Article/Eden-hazard-chelsea-debarque-au-real-madrid/1018385

Eden Hazard (Chelsea) débarque au Real Madrid

Le Real Madrid annoncera officiellement l'arrivée d'Eden Hazard après la finale de la Ligue Europa, que le joueur belge disputera avec Chelsea contre Arsenal le 29 mai. Pour un montant avoisinant les 100 M€.

C'est l'histoire d'une rencontre inéluctable. L'histoire d'un désir partagé. Une histoire qui s'apprête à débuter entre Eden Hazard et Zinédine Zidane. Plus rien n'empêche aujourd'hui le joueur belge de Chelsea (28 ans) de rejoindre l'entraîneur français du Real. L'accord entre les deux clubs, tout comme celui entre l'équipe madrilène et l'ancien Lillois, a été trouvé il y a plusieurs semaines déjà. Le montant du transfert devrait se situer aux environs de 100 M€, une belle somme pour un joueur en fin de contrat dans un an seulement et qui n'avait pas donné suite aux offres de prolongation présentées par les Blues ces derniers mois.

Real Madrid : Zinédine Zidane a commencé l'opération...

Well that is Chelsea fucked. Proper fucked.

13 hours ago, Lineker said:

We signed someone!

Sure, it's a 16 year old goalkeeper from Norway. 

But we signed someone!!

Did someone at Tottenham steal Chelsea's transfer shortlist?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stokeriño said:

Whilst the transfer ban is in place, someone's gotta snap up all the u18 players to loan them out

• Admin
18 minutes ago, stokeriño said:

This is all I've found, except from the video I saw last night: 

The transfer window doesn’t open until Thursday, but according to a Norwegian newspaper, Tottenham Hotspur have just done something that they haven’t done in nearly a year: sign a player. But don’t get too excited, because this guy is definitely one for the future.

According to Stavanger Aftenblad (paywalled, as reported by football.london), Tottenham have secured the signing of 15-year old Norwegian keeper Isak Solberg on a three year youth contract that could eventually turn into a professional deal. Solberg is a Norway youth international (he has his own Transfermarkt page) with caps at the U15 and U16 level and is being signed from Norwegian second division club Bryne FK. He’s 6’2” at age 15, so pretty good height for a young guy.

I don’t know anything about this kid and you probably don’t either. He’s obviously caught the eye of someone at Spurs’ academy if they’re willing to snap him up as a deep sleeper youth product, and so that’s good.

I've found news in norwegian websites dating back from July to October last year and if my rusty norwegian is anything to go by, he was on trial at Tottenham in the summer, they liked him and after talks with his agent and his father they agreed on a 3 year contract which they have now signed.