Sign in to follow this  
Lineker

Summer Transfer Window 2019

I am confused as to why Sarri hasn't started Giroud more. He's the perfect sort of player for Hazard to play off, even Hazard himself has said so many times. I don't think there are many, if any better strikers in Europe at holding the ball up as Giroud is. 

I think, when Chelsea first got this ban, it was stressed that they would be able to either extend the loans they have already or sign pre-agreed permanent deals, so that would apply to Higuain and Kovacic. I might be wrong but I'm sure there was a detailed article explaining it on BBC.

Ajax next season is just going to be Daley Blind and a bunch of twelve year olds. Though on the flipside, they will have more money than Amazon.

Sky sources: Manchester Utd are close to agreeing a deal to sign Swansea winger Daniel James for £15m.

• Like 1

On 10/05/2019 at 01:07, Lineker said:

Sky sources: Manchester Utd are close to agreeing a deal to sign Swansea winger Daniel James for £15m.

Interesting one, that. 

Would much rather be looking to buy potential this summer, with young and hungry players wanting to fight for a place in the team.

7 hours ago, Baddar said:

Interesting one, that. 

Would much rather be looking to buy potential this summer, with young and hungry players wanting to fight for a place in the team.

agreed, better than spending £50mil+ on martial who cant even be bothered to warm up 🙄

https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Article/Eden-hazard-chelsea-debarque-au-real-madrid/1018385

Eden Hazard (Chelsea) débarque au Real Madrid

Le Real Madrid annoncera officiellement l'arrivée d'Eden Hazard après la finale de la Ligue Europa, que le joueur belge disputera avec Chelsea contre Arsenal le 29 mai. Pour un montant avoisinant les 100 M€.

C'est l'histoire d'une rencontre inéluctable. L'histoire d'un désir partagé. Une histoire qui s'apprête à débuter entre Eden Hazard et Zinédine Zidane. Plus rien n'empêche aujourd'hui le joueur belge de Chelsea (28 ans) de rejoindre l'entraîneur français du Real. L'accord entre les deux clubs, tout comme celui entre l'équipe madrilène et l'ancien Lillois, a été trouvé il y a plusieurs semaines déjà. Le montant du transfert devrait se situer aux environs de 100 M€, une belle somme pour un joueur en fin de contrat dans un an seulement et qui n'avait pas donné suite aux offres de prolongation présentées par les Blues ces derniers mois.

Real Madrid : Zinédine Zidane a commencé l'opération...

Well that is Chelsea fucked. Proper fucked.

Nothing unexpected.

Apparently Griezmann is due to tell Atlético Madrid that he wants to join Barcelona this summer.

We signed someone!

Sure, it's a 16 year old goalkeeper from Norway. 

But we signed someone!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Lineker said:

We signed someone!

Sure, it's a 16 year old goalkeeper from Norway. 

But we signed someone!!

Did someone at Tottenham steal Chelsea's transfer shortlist?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stokeriño said:

Whilst the transfer ban is in place, someone's gotta snap up all the u18 players to loan them out

18 minutes ago, stokeriño said:

This is all I've found, except from the video I saw last night: 

The transfer window doesn’t open until Thursday, but according to a Norwegian newspaper, Tottenham Hotspur have just done something that they haven’t done in nearly a year: sign a player. But don’t get too excited, because this guy is definitely one for the future.

According to Stavanger Aftenblad (paywalled, as reported by football.london), Tottenham have secured the signing of 15-year old Norwegian keeper Isak Solberg on a three year youth contract that could eventually turn into a professional deal. Solberg is a Norway youth international (he has his own Transfermarkt page) with caps at the U15 and U16 level and is being signed from Norwegian second division club Bryne FK. He’s 6’2” at age 15, so pretty good height for a young guy.

I don’t know anything about this kid and you probably don’t either. He’s obviously caught the eye of someone at Spurs’ academy if they’re willing to snap him up as a deep sleeper youth product, and so that’s good.

I mean, I'm pretty sure this is the kind of stuff Chelsea's ban was caused by, but okay. :shifty:

I've found news in norwegian websites dating back from July to October last year and if my rusty norwegian is anything to go by, he was on trial at Tottenham in the summer, they liked him and after talks with his agent and his father they agreed on a 3 year contract which they have now signed.

8 minutes ago, Malenko said:

I've found news in norwegian websites dating back from July to October last year and if my rusty norwegian is anything to go by, he was on trial at Tottenham in the summer, they liked him and after talks with his agent and his father they agreed on a 3 year contract which they have now signed.

That's exactly what Chelsea said about some of theirs.

have spurs literally not signed even an academy player in the last year? 

What's the point of having ole if we can't sign up all the Norwegian teenagers. <_<

Ministers are battling to stop Brexit bringing an added layer of bureaucratic chaos to one of football’s most frantic periods – the January transfer window. A summit held last week between the Home Office and football authorities saw ministers attempt to prevent confusion over the post-Brexit immigration system scuppering new signings.

The new immigration regime is set to be rolled out from January 2021, at the end of the transition period that would come as part of the Brexit deal on offer from the EU. However, January also marks the mid-season transfer window, when clubs desperately attempt to secure last-minute deals to bolster their squads.

There are concerns in Whitehall that some clubs are not alive to the changes, which will mean European players lose the automatic right to come and play for British sides.

The summit came during a remarkable week of footballing success for English clubs, which saw Liverpool and Tottenham fight back to claim their places in the Champions League final. Arsenal and Chelsea also ensured that the Europa League final would be contested by English sides. Of the 12 goals scored by the four clubs in their European clashes last week, 11 came from overseas players.

Gareth Southgate, the England manager, was among those at last week’s gathering and is understood to have been keen to use Brexit as an opportunity to boost the number of homegrown players in top teams. Caroline Nokes, the immigration minister, and Martin Glenn, the Football Association’s chief executive, were also at the meeting.

The January transfer window is already notoriously chaotic, with managers, owners and agents all working up until the deadline to secure players and sign contracts. A new immigration system risks adding complications. Home Office officials are attempting to work with the football authorities to ensure everyone is aware of the new visa regime when it comes into force.

Under current rules, all players from EU nations are free to come and play for English clubs under the EU’s free movement rules. Those rules will cease to apply once Britain leaves the bloc and the Brexit transition period has ended, with clubs having to secure visas for their new stars.

To secure a visa, non-EU players have to apply for a Governing Body Endorsement from the FA. It can be secured once they have a club to act as a sponsor. Their eligibility depends on a series of factors, including the number of appearances they have at international level and the ranking of their national team.

Meanwhile, the FA is understood to have used last week’s meeting to outline the opportunities for homegrown talent that could be created after Brexit. It has backed a plan to increase the minimum number of home players in each squad from eight to 12.

Southgate has previously complained about the falling numbers of English players in the top flight. During some weekends this season, fewer than a quarter of the players starting Premier League matches were eligible to play for England. The England manager warned last year that it was no longer true that English players would be given a chance at top clubs if they were good enough.

“Nobody can tell me that if players are good enough, they will come through,” he said. “That is not true. There are plenty of players who are good enough. In terms of the quotas, we are in ongoing discussions on those. What’s clear is that we can’t allow the trend to continue as it is because at what point do we stop?”

The Premier League has been opposing tightening the rules around overseas players and has said that “access to talented footballers from across Europe has played a key part in the growth of the Premier League”.

An FA spokesperson said: “We are continuing to work with the Premier League, English Football League and a range of government departments, including: DCMS; Home Office; Treasury during this consultation period.”

Lloyd Kelly has gone to Bournemouth from Bristol City. Meant to be around 13mil. 

2 hours ago, Lineker said:

Kompany is leaving Man City this summer.

Kompany has gone to Anderlecht to be a player/manager! 

Anderlecht usually get into Europe, right? Would be fun seeing him come up against Pep and City.